Become a Patron!

Legality help

Hello everyone my name is Shea. I live in Aurora, Colorado. I've been vaping on and off since 2009. I recently moved to Colorado from Charlotte, North Carolina and I ran into an issue at one of the stores. I bought 5 10ml bottles of max vg juice and they were all horrible once I put a good battery in my mod. I went back and they couldn't believe that I wasn't pleased with their juice. They told me that I should make my own juice so you know what, I did. I've given some of my juice to a few people and everyone loves the stuff. This is where the problem sets in. I would love to sell juice legitimately for myself and I even have a couple stores that would like to do business. Where do I go from here? I spent all last night researching and couldn't really find any relevant concrete information. I buy diluted nicotine, VG, and flavor concentrate and then I mix them together lol. The information that I'm seeking is just from a legal point of view. Do I have to have insurance for my juice or can I just put a warning label on my bottle and keep my vendors proof of insurance on hand? What's the best way to collect payment? Could I get one of the credit card mobile processing deals for my phone? Please help. I will definitely give some of my juice away for some solid help. Thanks!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
theres a reason you see so many vendors popping up in the industry and its because right now it really is a free market. but to be safe liability insurance and warning labels would be prudent. collecting payments is just however you want to do it, square, paypal, doesnt matter. make sure your nicotine levels are accurate using a syringe and measurement calculators

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Make up a company name and spend $100 dollars or so to get classified as an LLC to cover your ass.

Get resale certs from all the businesses you are selling you liquids to so the local sales tax collectors don't come after your behind and they should be able to copy them and hand you a copy.

If you sell to an individual you will need to get a vendors cert and charge sales tax and document.

If you wish to send me really good E-Liquid at no cost for providing this advice you do not have to charge tax.

Just kidding about that last part but the other stuff is golden

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
theres a reason you see so many vendors popping up in the industry and its because right now it really is a free market. but to be safe liability insurance and warning labels would be prudent. collecting payments is just however you want to do it, square, paypal, doesnt matter. make sure your nicotine levels are accurate using a syringe and measurement calculators
^^ That's the thing

T702

Member For 4 Years
Sell it in large quanities to shops and have them break it down and sell it as whatever they want.
Or sell a shop a recipe and get a percentage of sales if they'd give it to you.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sell it in large quanities to shops and have them break it down and sell it as whatever they want.
Or sell a shop a recipe and get a percentage of sales if they'd give it to you.
That's all one of the b&m's do here. They spend all day bottling juice. It arrives in 1 litre containers and they transfer it into 10ml bottles. About time we phased out the tiny bottles

VU Sponsors