Become a Patron!

Legend face plate scratches I've been trippin' about

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So those surface scratches I've been trippin about. Yeah they're there they are just on too protective plastic covering the faceplate from the factory. I said this was a new mod and could not figure out where the scratches were coming from. Well if I should choose the pill this plastic off there will be no scratches. Wish I didn't mess with it because it's coming off partially at this point and losing its protective barrier. I feel like a dumbass. But I thought there should be something like this on there. And I literally have less than 1000 Puffs on this brand new unit. So now the plastic is bubbled in spots but still in place. And I can rest assured that there are no scratches underneath. I wondered why it's scratched so easily as I didn't do anything to the mod. In and out of my pocket and that was it. I just couldn't figure it out. I feel like a big dummy. Peace and love.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every once in awhile, I wish we could buy a precut sheet of adhesive, clear protectors. Some mods still scratch ridiculously easily.. THe idea of peeling and resticking on a cheap protector every week is very cheap 'insurance'.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of those screens are a cheap plastic my man . Most scratches can be taken out with automotive headlight polish and a Dremel tool . Mothers makes a really good one . Hope this helps .

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So those surface scratches I've been trippin about. Yeah they're there they are just on too protective plastic covering the faceplate from the factory. I said this was a new mod and could not figure out where the scratches were coming from. Well if I should choose the pill this plastic off there will be no scratches. Wish I didn't mess with it because it's coming off partially at this point and losing its protective barrier. I feel like a dumbass. But I thought there should be something like this on there. And I literally have less than 1000 Puffs on this brand new unit. So now the plastic is bubbled in spots but still in place. And I can rest assured that there are no scratches underneath. I wondered why it's scratched so easily as I didn't do anything to the mod. In and out of my pocket and that was it. I just couldn't figure it out. I feel like a big dummy. Peace and love.
Even though it was the packing plastic ( I did the same thing ) replacement panels are available direct from geekvape for $1.50.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Every once in awhile, I wish we could buy a precut sheet of adhesive, clear protectors. Some mods still scratch ridiculously easily.. THe idea of peeling and resticking on a cheap protector every week is very cheap 'insurance'.

SMOK Aliens used to come with it. My last didn't though.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
SMOK Aliens used to come with it. My last didn't though.
My came with one also, though it is all scratched up now. I was more concerned with the peeling paint and battery door that broke from hitting the floor...Still use it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My came with one also, though it is all scratched up now. I was more concerned with the peeling paint and battery door that broke from hitting the floor...Still use it.

My Gold Alien still looks brand new the Purple one is chipping because it is a daily beater and I have dropped it a few times.

VU Sponsors