Become a Patron!

lemo drop problems..any help appreciated

J.Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've recently bought the lemo drop. I've had it on my ipv mini 30w for the past week with the stock coil and cotton it came with. I've been impressed coming from Atlantis, I've had no burnt taste up to the 30 watts.
I had just received a 150 watt sigelei and seem to be getting dry hits any where over 30 watts on this lemo. So I re wicked my coil, the coil looked fine itself. Still same issue. The coils resistance reads .9 ohms on my ipv and 1.1 on the sigelei.
Anyways any help of understanding why I'm getting burnt hits would be appreciated. Is the 1 ohm coil not capable of handling higher then 30 watts? Is it possibly the material the stock coil is made from?
Thanks

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have both Sigelei and Lemo drop. My coil is a 24 gauge 0.7 Ohm with a 3mm ID. I'm vaping @ 20W max. with this build. If I'm not mistaken, the original coil is a 26 gauge. For utilizing higher wattage, you'd have to replace the coil with a thicker 24 - 22 gauge wire. In addition, it also depends on the juice, how high you actually can go with the wattage.
However, you might have a different problem, that I encountered. The screw(s) of the coil came loose. This would show inconsistent Ohm readings. Therefore the following can happen while vaping. The Ohm reading jumps higher than the actual Ohm, the device adjusts the power up, due to higher resistance, which results in too much heat, thus dry hits.

J.Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both Sigelei and Lemo drop. My coil is a 24 gauge 0.7 Ohm with a 3mm ID. I'm vaping @ 20W max. with this build. If I'm not mistaken, the original coil is a 26 gauge. For utilizing higher wattage, you'd have to replace the coil with a thicker 24 - 22 gauge wire. In addition, it also depends on the juice, how high you actually can go with the wattage.
However, you might have a different problem, that I encountered. The screw(s) of the coil came loose. This would show inconsistent Ohm readings. Therefore the following can happen while vaping. The Ohm reading jumps higher than the actual Ohm, the device adjusts the power up, due to higher resistance, which results in too much heat, thus dry hits.
Hey thanks for the reply..I'm still getting used to tapatalk as I'm new to this forum app..anyways.. I've had allot better luck with it this last week since I made that post..I'm vaping it at .6 ohms on 24g kanthal..I've been tending to vape around 30 watts but have gone up to 45 without burnt or dry hits.. just gets hot too fast for me..also seem to have gotten better with the wicking. I believe I'm using more cotton then the lemo originally came with but hadn't had any problems and the juice seems to last longer

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey thanks for the reply..I'm still getting used to tapatalk as I'm new to this forum app..anyways.. I've had allot better luck with it this last week since I made that post..I'm vaping it at .6 ohms on 24g kanthal..I've been tending to vape around 30 watts but have gone up to 45 without burnt or dry hits.. just gets hot too fast for me..also seem to have gotten better with the wicking. I believe I'm using more cotton then the lemo originally came with but hadn't had any problems and the juice seems to last longer
Good to hear. Vape on!

VU Sponsors