Become a Patron!

"lemon juice"

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
when they say add 1-2 drops lemon juice, do they mean actual lemon juice? Like from the fridge? Is that not a oil? Help please

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what they mean. I've tried it before, but got nothing from it. If I need to perk up a flavor, I can add a tad of another to do enhance it.
That's wierd cuz talking about things you shouldn't Vape, you think that wouldn't be one you couldn't...

There is no way that "premium brands" put that in their ejuice?

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's probably because the big machines crush the rind and you inevitably get oil from the rind or for some reason they add oil.

This is why orange juice is slightly bitter, because there is rind "juice" in there. They squash the hell out of oranges to get the juice.

Looks like you have to squeeze your own lemons for oil-free juice.

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's definitely an oil/ has oil in it... Trust me they go out of their way to peal the rind, they are in business to get paid lol. Their is no way that's good for you..

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's possible to use citric acid (sour) or malic acid (tart) as the two together create the commercially-available Tart & Sour.

There are those who say that either ingredient will mute flavors.

Have fun on your journey!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's possible to use citric acid (sour) or malic acid (tart) as the two together create the commercially-available Tart & Sour.

There are those who say that either ingredient will mute flavors.

Have fun on your journey!
Just to add to this note, don't use more than 2% (at least true for citric acid), or it will taste like .....

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd hate to say this because I get chastised on other forums for saying it, but here it goes...

If anyone thinks inhaling PG and/or VG and flavorings (oil, di-acetyl, asbestos or not) on a regular basis is not bad for you, I think we as a community have another thing coming to us in the next 10 years. ;)

I'm not saying a person should not avoid oils and suck, but let's not get carried away with "healthy". We are smokers who smoke something other than smoke from burning plant matter.

Nothing's healthier than straight-edge. Admittedly, nothing more boring either...:D

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not saying a person should not avoid oils and suck, but let's not get carried away with "healthy". We are smokers who smoke something other than smoke from burning plant matter.

Nothing's healthier than straight-edge. Admittedly, nothing more boring either...:D

I think of us as ex-smokers (although the antz would argue otherwise) who have discovered a healthier alternative. Yes, antz, it does look like smoking ....

But regard "straght-edge." Pardon me?

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. Thoughts are processing. :)

I think healthy vs healthier is the key approach. Sure it isn't healthy, but neither is eating a dozen doughnuts. However, vaping 12mls of doughnut flavored ejuice has made a significant impact on my health (lost 23lbs in 3 months from switching to vaping from cigs with a work out plan).

No one should get chastized for making a comment. But an occasional strong rebuttals do happen. Remember, discussing how we vape and how to do it better helps with making "healthier" choices. I'm for one to say yay for vaping down with oppression and all that blah blah blah.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WTG on the weight loss, Chris. And I couldn't agree more that we can't say with any certainty that vaping is healthy but certainly better than smoking. Which, of course, vaping is not. :)

~A fellow Oregonian

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea man congrats on the weight loss.
I know a few people this has happened to.
I'm sure vaping isn't heathy but either is the amount of sugar we put in our bodies, the microwave, processed food, I could go on and on.
I choose vaping because I was going to smoke anyways.. So why not take the healthier road.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I choose vaping because I was going to smoke anyways.. So why not take the healthier road.

Exactly. We would never say it's healthy and vendors sure as hell better not make such a claim.

You are correct though, it's damn sure a healthier alternative. And great fun.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn right it's fun, keeps my mind bussy... I was a 11 year pill banging junkie.. It controlled my life, I couldn't do anything unless I had my fix, if I didn't have anything I would get supper sick. 2 years and 1 month sober.

Huge congratulations, Double_ohm7!

And I'm glad I misread your post originally and you weren't an 11-year-old pill popper. :)

Seriously, though, kudos!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Damn right it's fun, keeps my mind bussy... I was a 11 year pill banging junkie.. It controlled my life, I couldn't do anything unless I had my fix, if I didn't have anything I would get supper sick. 2 years and 1 month sober.
Big congrats on the sobriety from me as well! Super tough to kick the hard stuff as I had a hard enough time kicking the hemp cousin... And welcome to VU! You're in the right place with lots of good folks ready to help you on your DIY journey!
Huge congratulations, Double_ohm7!

And I'm glad I misread your post originally and you weren't an 11-year-old pill popper. :)

Seriously, though, kudos!
Looking at his profile pic he couldn't have been much older than 11 when he started.

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also
Lol, I'm 27 now so that will give you an idea.
thanks for all the support, been a tough rd up untill a year ago when I really started to stop thinking about it.
Not new to vaping but deff new to diy, but I a pretty quick learner.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also

thanks for all the support, been a tough rd up untill a year ago when I really started to stop thinking about it.

That is a weird phrase which precisely describes vaping. Most start to quit smoking, a course of action which works more often than not. Some struggle, some don't but a change occurs and vaping becomes a thing in and of itself. Once one stops thinking about cigarettes (which occurs at some point without overt effort) a few folks quit vaping but it seems the majority of us enjoy the vaping too much to consider a time when it's not an important part of our lives. We're drawn together as a community because of it and life-long friendships are formed around it.

Thank you for reminding me. :)

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is a weird phrase which precisely describes vaping. Most start to quit smoking, a course of action which works more often than not. Some struggle, some don't but a change occurs and vaping becomes a thing in and of itself. Once one stops thinking about cigarettes (which occurs at some point without overt effort) a few folks quit vaping but it seems the majority of us enjoy the vaping too much to consider a time when it's not an important part of our lives. We're drawn together as a community because of it and life-long friendships are formed around it.

Thank you for reminding me. :)
No problem.
That just it, after awhile it just takes over.. If you enjoy what you are doing, weather it be vaping/sobriety/ it will just take over..
Too many friends, and many more.

Last edited:
I'd hate to say this because I get chastised on other forums for saying it, but here it goes...

If anyone thinks inhaling PG and/or VG and flavorings (oil, di-acetyl, asbestos or not) on a regular basis is not bad for you, I think we as a community have another thing coming to us in the next 10 years. ;)

This really cannot be preached enough. So many people who vape think its 100% harmless but that's doubtful. Breathing city air is harmful so I would imagine that breathing high concentrations of PG, VG and food flavorings is not particularly good for us. It's about harm reduction and getting people off cigarettes which are incredibly more dangerous than vaping.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this group, good people, great information.
Funny how this went from "lemon juice" to this.
Probably because someone saw a weird shift in this thread and a couple others over the last few days the were starting to go less than positive. Maybe easier to shift a conversation. ;) Positivity goes a long way and is more fun to reply to.

Plus I really like lemon and lemon Sicily FA.

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Probably because someone saw a weird shift in this thread and a couple others over the last few days the were starting to go less than positive. Maybe easier to shift a conversation. ;) Positivity goes a long way and is more fun to reply to.

Plus I really like lemon and lemon Sicily FA.
100% it's easier to shift a convo to the positive side.
On to the lemon and lemon Sicily... You put real lemon in your mix of fa sickly?

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. Havnt tried it yet but was half way ready to. Wanted to see the feedback in this thread. Sadly, I think I am still on the fence.

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well that's why I posted it, but the feed back totally went in the wrong direction... as I stated before, I'm sure they don't peal the lemons, they just through them into a machine and make juice as quick as possible... That leaves all the oil sacs in the peals crushed along side the lemon...
From what I have researched vaping oils is not good. Lol

VU Sponsors