Become a Patron!

Less than 1 month old mech mod, threads stripped?

Sean Di Rienzo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have made several posts in the last couple weeks as I'm new to diy and rebuildables. Thanks everyone in the community for your help.

I purchased a $26 mechanical mod from focalecig, a sir lancelot clone. It worked fine for the first couple of weeks until recently when my atomizers stopped threading onto it.

No idea how or why, but nothing other than my Protank's will thread into the mod now, it is virtually unusable.

To give you guys an idea. I can literally take either of my magma's, or my veritas and hold it flush against the pin on the mod without it even touching the threads. There is no process if screwing or thread locking whatsoever.

Has this been known to happen often? Can I fix this somehow, are there any commonly known techniques?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If the threads are ruined then thats that. No way to fix them. Lucky for you that happened on a clone.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They have 4 options right now. If the pics are accurate they have 2 with ss 510 threads and 2 with brass 510 threads. I bet you got one with brass threads huh? All brass 510 threads are doomed. It's gonna happen.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
F.T had a bunch of replacement top/bottom cap sets listed recently . One of those may work as a replacement .

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've seen this happen to aluminum mods as well- the tugboat.... It was $26 bucks? I'd say you got your money's worth from the vaping you got out of it.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have made several posts in the last couple weeks as I'm new to diy and rebuildables. Thanks everyone in the community for your help.

I purchased a $26 mechanical mod from focalecig, a sir lancelot clone. It worked fine for the first couple of weeks until recently when my atomizers stopped threading onto it.

No idea how or why, but nothing other than my Protank's will thread into the mod now, it is virtually unusable.

To give you guys an idea. I can literally take either of my magma's, or my veritas and hold it flush against the pin on the mod without it even touching the threads. There is no process if screwing or thread locking whatsoever.

Has this been known to happen often? Can I fix this somehow, are there any commonly known techniques?

Thanks guys
Chase out the threads, with a tap...a good hardware store will have the proper size.

VU Sponsors