Become a Patron!

Lets build the whole damn thing

BAREFOOTJUNKER

Member For 5 Years
Ok for some background, I program, fix, set-up, and run up to 10 axis lasers for my day job. I spend a lot of my free time at work designing and building various things for whatever fancy strikes me at that time. I have other shops that have any type of equipment that either do work for me, or I do work for them. So sky is the limit on what I can do or have done.

Lets build the ultimate vaping experience, I'm bored and need a new personal project to keep me busy.

So lets get some ideas rolling, I'm new, but will listen to you guys on ideas and concepts of what would work or not work. I can help a lot on the engineering aspect as just because it can be drawn in cad doesn't mean it is cost effective to machine. You'd be amazed what Cad-jockeys come up with that I have to dream up ways to tool...

Device definitely needs to be rebuild-able, do we want to chase clouds or just be supremely functional?

If you were going to build a device from the ground up, what would you build?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, lets start with a 510 connector with adjustable pin and a great insulator. Can be run as both a single coil and dual coil, have post screws with a decent sized head for easy coil installation and fully adjustable airflow. Glass tank and use std 510 drip tips. Chimney set up like the Kayfun. Me I prefer a tank that does not go over the std kaifun capacity.

Now let the fun begin!

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ultimate vaping experience, for me, would be small, versatile and hard hitting mod with the option to chase clouds, decent sized kayfun styled tank, genny tank and the option to run all these hybrid. So a mod with three different attys each to its own purpose. I would buy one. Genny for the lazy afternoons, cloudy rda for dripping and kayfun for the road.

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
user customization... that is the key...
everyone will have their own idea of what it should be.. so if there was a tank out there that gave you something similar to a kayfun but gave the user the option for easy single or dual coil.. a short stubby tank.. or a large oversized tank.. easy external adjustable airflow (think a ring like the aerotank) you would end up with something that the use could setup how they wanted.. and additional tank options for if they needed extra capacity.. or just wanted something small and discreet.. the problem with all of the tanks on the market is lack of vast user options..

BAREFOOTJUNKER

Member For 5 Years
Liking what I am hearing, definitely like the multi purpose aspect of what I am hearing.

Glass tanks are cool, but quartz would be cooler... Lol i do a lot of business with a very large quartz tube company for medical stuff.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 510 connection should be ditched. It's too small. The p3 threading on the provari 3 (or similar) is the way to go. Spring loaded pin definately and stainless connector threads. The physical and electrical connection of 22 mm devices shouldn't be using a connector designed for cartomizers. A variable power supply negates any conductivity issues of stainless steel.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
An atomizer that is heated by a laser, yeah, that'd be cool.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A CNC machined aluminum box mod with an 26650 on one side and 18350 on the otherside underneath the 510, wired in parallel. Think big microstik with real battery capacity. Strong magnetic cap on bottom to change batteries. Or one of those recessed rings where you pull the ring out, give it a half twist and the battery door hinges open.

Last edited:

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
The screw holes in the posts should not go past the wire holes, to allow for a great connection even when using soft nickel.

Tank should be glass.

Top fill so you don't have to remove it to fill.

Access to the build without draining the tank.

Great thread.........

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The screw holes in the posts should not go past the wire holes, to allow for a great connection even when using soft nickel.

Tank should be glass.

Top fill so you don't have to remove it to fill.

Access to the build without draining the tank.

Great thread.........
So a Kayfun 4 then. ;)

BAREFOOTJUNKER

Member For 5 Years
One of the biggest ones I am seeing is access to the deck without draining the tank. putting a lot of thought into that aspect off the bat as I keep seeing it recur in the thread. Also have to agree with BroomStick on the 510 threading. I fail to see the use in tiny threads used these days beyond manufactures wanting to be able to use what ever batteries. If anything they should be building on a sturdier threading and make adapters for those that want to use the 510 stuff. If the manufactures started this, they could change the market pretty fast overall just with how the market changes with these things.

So we come up with the new basis of threading and let the Chinese clone them, more then one way to take over China...lmao

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok for some background, I program, fix, set-up, and run up to 10 axis lasers for my day job. I spend a lot of my free time at work designing and building various things for whatever fancy strikes me at that time. I have other shops that have any type of equipment that either do work for me, or I do work for them. So sky is the limit on what I can do or have done.

Lets build the ultimate vaping experience, I'm bored and need a new personal project to keep me busy.

So lets get some ideas rolling, I'm new, but will listen to you guys on ideas and concepts of what would work or not work. I can help a lot on the engineering aspect as just because it can be drawn in cad doesn't mean it is cost effective to machine. You'd be amazed what Cad-jockeys come up with that I have to dream up ways to tool...

Device definitely needs to be rebuild-able, do we want to chase clouds or just be supremely functional?

If you were going to build a device from the ground up, what would you build?

An all in one atty: 510 connection, spring loaded, adjustable airflow ring, Bottom airflow over the coil, a tank system for bottom coil cotton builds that supports dual coils plus has the option of running as a Genny, either in single wick or dual wick (U wick) configurations. To top it off, a RDA cap that is reduced in internal size, domed, and has 5 slit Cylon airflow for single, dual, or quad coil setups.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BOOMSTICK

n01L8ZY.jpg

BAREFOOTJUNKER

Member For 5 Years
Ok, discussed the removable tank option over with an engineering buddy that actually works with such systems. He is on board for some design work which is cool as he really knows fluid dynamics which is a big issue when it comes to making it work as intended. Definitely going to be some playing involved in this concept.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you could take all the pros from the Kayfun and Orchid and eliminate the cons.... Oh what a world it would be.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would make an american made lemo with brass/copper/silver adjustable pin, a shorter drip tip, out of higher grade steel and with a thicker glass tank.

I'll add tool less non whistling air flow adjustment and tool less juice refill.

Spring loaded pin.

Other than coil attachment, no tools please. :)

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For something like a Lemo, how about move the lower wire holes up to where the top of the screws go? You have slightly taller posts with the holes almost right on the deck. You could even make 4 posts like an X. That way you can have dual or single coils. If you want single coil go corner to corner. Dual coils top of X for one and bottom of X for another. And who says the screws need to screw down? They can screw in from the sides.

I can think of a couple other ways to make putting coils on the deck so much easier. But for some reason post holes always screw down and never sideways. Think of a lightbulb and how the filament plugs down, not across like everything out there. Wouldn't it be easier to plug a coil in instead of wrapping around screws or making these weird bends to get into holes?

You could even make building the coil on the deck built right in.

Then figure out a way to make the airflow adjustable from the outside and a way to fill from the outside. The solution is going to be revolutionary, not a bunch of band aid fixes through models, ie. 500 piece Kayfun V4. I am sure others are willing to pay for elegance and simplicity sort of like Apple devices.

VU Sponsors