Become a Patron!

let's have some clarity about the Vapepocalypse

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK the forum is rife right now with people afriad and confused about the future of vaping with the new FDA deemings...can some folks who have a better handle on the issue help clarify the situation and help the community make some informed decisions.
1) when will this crap go into effect.how long do we have to get the stuff we need for the future such as nic,mods,attys ect. I've heard 2 years I've heard 90 days before the make nic hard to get.
2) what exactlly will the goverment make unavialable in the near future
3) what does the future of vaping look like under these new regulations....wasteland or just expensive and few choices.
4) will we be able to get stuff from europe or russia or china without FDA interference.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I saw a couple folks who had attny's as friends say they were going to have them look at the docs and put it in layman's terms and that they would share with us & the forum, I haven't heard seen any thing solid yet , I hope someone will translate all of it for us soon

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I agree. There are so many threads going, it's hard to know what's right, what's not, what's perception and do we actually know, yet? Same as you, I've heard we may start noticing things in 90 days. Then up to 2 years to petition, fight or whatever there is that can be done.

I also wish it was a bit more clear/concise. I certainly understand everyone feeling panicked. I always get that way to a degree when I see more than one thread with "regulations" in the title. Too much back and forth. What's real?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I already started stockpiling mods, juice, coils, wire, and cotton. I really hate this government. People, especially vapers really need to start voting for representatives that are for a smaller less intrusive government.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We need to determine what they (feds) can and cannot regulate. Batteries? No. Cotton? No. Wire? Not sure. Mods, premade coils, tanks, juice, nicotine, absolutely! I'm stocking up on coils and juice for sure.

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
It's worse than you realize, June 10th is the END of the line for vaping as we know it. All retailers, manufactures, and suppliers must have their paperwork to the FDA by Aug. 10 to prevent seizure and legal action. The FDA has up to 36 months to decide IF they will grant the item as compliant. This includes, but not limited to ANYTHING that makes up an E-cig, drip tips, cotton, wire, the atty and all it's components, the device and all of its components including software and firmware, batteries, in other words your VTC mini is now tobacco. E-juice is also covered as well all though all if the components of them are all ready FDA approved, any and all mixes made must be approved for every nic. level, bottles, caps, and labeling must be approved also. With the cost of the approval process costing from $300,000 to in excess of $1,000,000 per item or component. I see this as just the first level of destruction the FDA has planned, next to come are the extreme and excessive taxes. In the 499 page document over 430 pages were filled with BS and half truths , of the remaining pages, they were filled with blanket statements so vague they could be including auto tires.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The FDA does not have regulatory authority over products to be used in conjunction with m*rijuana," he says. "If it doesn't meet the ['made or derived from tobacco'] statutory definition of 'tobacco product' we would not have that authority. If it meets the definition of a tobacco product, we have authority to regulate it only as a tobacco product.

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
As of now, the FDA has grabbed the power to do as they please for their masters (BIG T, BIG P).

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE I see this as just the first level of destruction the FDA has planned, next to come are the extreme and excessive taxes. In the 499 page document over 430 pages were filled with BS and half truths , of the remaining pages, they were filled with blanket statements so vague they could be including auto tires.[/QUOTE]

In other words they have written themselves a blank check to destroy who and whatever they want at their own descretion...that is not law or legislation that is a license to steal.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck. I just realized that these dicks are probably going to use the BATF for enforcement, aren't they? Probably with the assistance of local law enforcement.

Wonder when the vape shop and "clandestine" mixing lab raids will begin?

Because we've got to think of the children.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're just waiting for the paper that the Constitution and Bill of Rights are written on to finally deteriorate to the point of illegibility.

Actually, come to think of it, they're not waiting at all.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're just waiting for the paper that the Constitution and Bill of Rights are written on to finally deteriorate to the point of illegibility.

Actually, come to think of it, they're not waiting at all.

No, they ain't waiting. The document already has brown streaks on it, not from age, from using it as toilet paper.

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
Fuck. I just realized that these dicks are probably going to use the BATF for enforcement, aren't they? Probably with the assistance of local law enforcement.

Wonder when the vape shop and "clandestine" mixing lab raids will begin?

Because we've got to think of the children.
By the way I read the "deeming regs." any time after 12:01 a.m. June 10, 2016.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If this can be stalled for at least until first quarter of 2107, there is that sliver of hope that a lot of the government bureaucracy imposed on all of us these past 8 years may be overturned by Trump, or at the very least, give the ecig industry a better chance to come to some form of agreement (most likely taxes) as opposed to an outright ban.

As someone mentioned in another post, you should see what's going on within the cigar industry too, even though its apples to oranges, the FDA being the common enemy is nice to know that we aren't the only ones up in arms and ready to fight back.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the upside, having what seemed like a stupid amount of mods last week now seems like clever foresight today...having been around the vaping community for about twice as long as my "quit badge" would indicate, I've seen the doomsday scenarios play out more times than most can imagine, but this time I think I'm actually going to buy an extra chest freezer and fill it with a dozen gallons of nic base in the next month or so - and I live in an apartment, so it'll have to replace the coffee table or something.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the upside, having what seemed like a stupid amount of mods last week now seems like clever foresight today...having been around the vaping community for about twice as long as my "quit badge" would indicate, I've seen the doomsday scenarios play out more times than most can imagine, but this time I think I'm actually going to buy an extra chest freezer and fill it with a dozen gallons of nic base in the next month or so - and I live in an apartment, so it'll have to replace the coffee table or something.
Indeed and great barter material as well:cool:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I'm actually going to buy an extra chest freezer and fill it with a dozen gallons of nic base in the next month or so - and I live in an apartment, so it'll have to replace the coffee table or something.
I've considered the same, but it would replace the island in my kitchen, LOL.

SFATA we need that write up sooner, rather than later.

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE I see this as just the first level of destruction the FDA has planned, next to come are the extreme and excessive taxes. In the 499 page document over 430 pages were filled with BS and half truths , of the remaining pages, they were filled with blanket statements so vague they could be including auto tires.

In other words they have written themselves a blank check to destroy who and whatever they want at their own descretion...that is not law or legislation that is a license to steal.[/QUOTE]
They aren't even going to use their checks, they'll use yours. And, they can "deem" what ever they want to as tobacco and no one can argue.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I already started stockpiling mods, juice, coils, wire, and cotton. I really hate this government. People, especially vapers really need to start voting for representatives that are for a smaller less intrusive government.

Well said. I could write a book on how similar gov't events have cost me dearly in other ways...... career, financial, health care access and costs.

I have 7 mods now, in anticipation of this day. However, I'm nowhere when it comes to e liquid. Might just stock up from Verde Valley. Dropped them an email to make sure they are ok for a few months. Too soon for reply. Otherwise, I'll focus on 2 tanks that I know and trust, the TFV4 and original Herakles, extra coils for both, and if I see an extra of either tank for cheap, I'll grab it. Trying to learn more coil building, but work is crazy busy now. I can't see how they can stop 18650's, as they are used in power tools and many other places. If anyone thinks I'm overconfident on the 18650's with the correct top, let me know!

Also, due to advertising, can sites like ours be suddenly sent packing?

My brother in law works for the DOJ....... I can't bear to speak with him these days.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well said. I could write a book on how similar gov't events have cost me dearly in other ways...... career, financial, health care access and costs.

I have 7 mods now, in anticipation of this day. However, I'm nowhere when it comes to e liquid. Might just stock up from Verde Valley. Dropped them an email to make sure they are ok for a few months. Too soon for reply. Otherwise, I'll focus on 2 tanks that I know and trust, the TFV4 and original Herakles, extra coils for both, and if I see an extra of either tank for cheap, I'll grab it. Trying to learn more coil building, but work is crazy busy now. I can't see how they can stop 18650's, as they are used in power tools and many other places. If anyone thinks I'm overconfident on the 18650's with the correct top, let me know!

My brother in law works for the DOJ....... I can't bear to speak with him these days.
Start learning how to rebuild, it's actually pretty easy. Get yourself some good rebuildable tanks and RDA's. I would even recommend looking into having at least 2 "good" quality Mech Mods. Mech's though please before using them do your homework.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

As far as this site, there are far worse forums on the internet that stay up so I'm confident that well be fine, it'll just go...underground so to speak and get a little shadier.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone should contact Leonardo DiCaprio and get his famous ass involved. He's probably the most famous vaper on the planet. If he started hitting talk shows and media outlets we'd actually have a fighting chance. Other celeb's as well.

No one is going to listen to US.... but the world can't help but to pay attention to celebs and their causes.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as this site, there are far worse forums on the internet that stay up so I'm confident that well be fine, it'll just go...underground so to speak and get a little shadier.
Tell that to cannabisworld or overgrow

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Many helpful people on this forum to help you with rebuildables and DIY juice.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Let's just say I'm very glad I bought that chest freezer for nic. At the end of March my refrigerator suddenly died. Having no money for a repairman I had to learn how to diagnose it and fix it. I was without a fridge for 8 days. However, I was able to exist on frozen food during that time, which sure made things much more bearable!

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"the sky is falling, the sky is falling" said chicken little, and yes if we as an industry, and vape users do nothing that is what will happen. I have been involved over the years with the FDA and numerous other government bureaucracies. YOU CAN fight them and win! that is the good news, but the bad news is that without active support of the VTA or Casaa we won't get anything done. So please join today and support with your wallets when asked. DON'T make the mistake of thinking someone is doing this fight for you.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Today in the A section of the Washington post there is a small article explaining a study indicating e juice poisoning in children is on the rise. It quotes some ass hat saying the new regs could not have come at a better time. The timing seems a bit suspicious to me.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today in the A section of the Washington post there is a small article explaining a study indicating e juice poisoning in children is on the rise. It quotes some ass hat saying the new regs could not have come at a better time. The timing seems a bit suspicious to me.
any child poisoned by ejuice was actually a neglected child.. time to look at the parents not what is inside the house,,everyone wants to blame 'items' around the house for absent parents.......geez

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

They ( ANTZ ) have done this before, using statistics to paint the picture as they see fit. As you might expect, the actual numbers are quite low so ANY increase would be substantial statistically.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A8z2cRJ.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's for the safety of the children. The government is just protecting the children.

Except in bathrooms. Then the safety of children is of no concern.

I find it ironic that the same week the FDA overreaches on vaping in the name of the children, it also sues a state to make them put children at a much greater risk so a man that dresses as a woman doesn't have to out himself by going to the mens room.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I heard a little blurb on NPR from the M.D. Anderson cancer hospital today...

I thought "oh hell yes! They've got to be on our side. Vaping saves soooo many people from that shit every year."

Fuck no. Those assholes were like, "well, we have no idea of the long term effects. It's been like the Wild West with regards to what exactly is in these vaping juices, what are the safety concerns for these devices, etc. with the FDA in charge, now this will all be safer and have to meet certain standards, blah blah blah..."

Holy mother of fucking idiots...

This is exactly what I was telling my wife the other day. It's absolute gospel truth, and it is there in plain sight for anyone with half a brain to see:

Tobacco and pharmaceutical companies go hand in hand. The tobacco companies sell cigs to a never-ending, self-replenishing crop of new smokers. The smokers get older, and sicker, then they need drugs from the pharmaceutical companies, who in turn, pay the tobacco companies big money for making all these people sick. They pay them the money under the guise of "research".

They don't want anyone to quit smoking. They don't want anyone to have a safer alternative to smoking. Because tobacco companies wouldn't be able to sell cigarettes and make people sick and dying to pay the pharmaceutical companies, who then pay the cigarette companies "to do more research"... And round and round it goes.

Utter horseshit.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I heard a little blurb on NPR from the M.D. Anderson cancer hospital today...

I thought "oh hell yes! They've got to be on our side. Vaping saves soooo many people from that shit every year."

Fuck no. Those assholes were like, "well, we have no idea of the long term effects. It's been like the Wild West with regards to what exactly is in these vaping juices, what are the safety concerns for these devices, etc. with the FDA in charge, now this will all be safer and have to meet certain standards, blah blah blah..."

Holy mother of fucking idiots...

This is exactly what I was telling my wife the other day. It's absolute gospel truth, and it is there in plain sight for anyone with half a brain to see:

Tobacco and pharmaceutical companies go hand in hand. The tobacco companies sell cigs to a never-ending, self-replenishing crop of new smokers. The smokers get older, and sicker, then they need drugs from the pharmaceutical companies, who in turn, pay the tobacco companies big money for making all these people sick. They pay them the money under the guise of "research".

They don't want anyone to quit smoking. They don't want anyone to have a safer alternative to smoking. Because tobacco companies wouldn't be able to sell cigarettes and make people sick and dying to pay the pharmaceutical companies, who then pay the cigarette companies "to do more research"... And round and round it goes.

Utter horseshit.
Of course a cancer hospital is against vaping. It runs counter productive to how they make money.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's for the safety of the children. The government is just protecting the children.

I find it ironic that the same week the FDA overreaches on vaping in the name of the children, it also sues a state to make them put children at a much greater risk so a man that dresses as a woman doesn't have to out himself by going to the mens room.
I'd "like" this a thousand times if I could....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It is for the childeren...so when they grow up we can ship them of to some god forsaken shithole halfway around the world to fight and die in some war profiterring escapade...the goverment needs those bodies.

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
This whole discussion would not be happening if the equipment came from Phizer, the juice from R.J.Renalds, and marketed by Wal-Mart. Funny how that works.

VU Sponsors