Become a Patron!

LET'S SEE YOUR MINI MODS

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
P8141410 edited smaller.jpg

I've been trying to make the tank-friendly rig on the right as small as the Gripper with cartomizer, which means shrinking down the length of the Novice mod (14500 battery) as much as possible. Pretty close at this point.

Last edited:

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Links to where we can find out more about those mods please... along with the best prices, of course! :)

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Links to where we can find out more about those mods please... along with the best prices, of course! :)

The one on the left is a Gripper with an 18350 battery. http://www.madvapes.com/gripper.html I modified it a bit, grinding off the knurl on the battery cap and rounding the edge so it feels good in the hand, and cutting a slot into the side at the base of the cartomizer connection to get maximum air flow. The picture shows a dual coil stainless steel Smoktech XL cartomizer with a stainless steel & brass drip tip. http://www.fasttech.com/product/1686100

The one on the right is a mixture of parts. The Novice is a mechanical mod for a 14500 battery. http://www.fasttech.com/product/1476405 I have shortened it and rounded all the edges. It attaches to this "stand." http://www.fasttech.com/product/1650600 I modified the stand so the Novice mounts more or less flush. I also chamfered the bottom edge so it feels good in the hand. Below the tank are either one or two (depending on the length of the tank I'm using) stainless steel ego-to-ego adapters. https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGO-EGO. Any ego or 510 threaded tank will fit as long as it is 16mm or smaller in diameter.

Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a tiny one:

15xtgy0.jpg

Cosmic Innovations Quasar and Tarsius Customs 4Nine in 18350 mode. 1ohm single coil build for shits and giggles ;)

16ao8y8.jpg

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does the Novice compare to an Ego or a Spinner? Is it good for a first mech, and to learn how to build on?

cactusvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How does the Novice compare to an Ego or a Spinner? Is it good for a first mech, and to learn how to build on?
The Novice is a 14500 mini mechanical that comes with its own little RDA. since the atty is small it does require some skill but like the pick above it has a mini aerotank attached. some people use the atty others dont.
has standard 510 threading you would need a 510 to ego adapter to run ego style clearos on it.
saw the fasttech link up there for 17bux. mine are KSD Novice's and are pretty nice units, shipping is probably about 3 bux I'm in AZ so depending on where you are anywhere from 2 to 3 days shipping time. I do post office runs twice a day.
If you want one email me for a digital 10% off coupon.
Also if interested I had some 4NINE clones sold all but 1 that I have on my special/advanced order page I can let you have for 23.00 but you have to make a special request for items on that page

Last edited:

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh. That's quite a tempting offer, @cactusvaper. :)

Thing is, if I do get one of those, that means I would need to get a battery too. And a charger. Aren't there any mechs that you can charge via USB? Then again I guess it won't be a mech then - right? LOL

Tell me more about this 4NINE clone offer. Might be a bit over my head at this time, but I'm eager to learn. :)

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@TheWestPole - thanks! You responded while I was writing and looking at @cactusvaper's link :)

So, either one of those up top actually require some doing then - which of the two do you like best?

I love how small and light the Gripper/cartomizer is to carry and pocket. But it's a cartomizer, holds only about 1ml and has a fairly tight draw, even with my modification.

I much prefer a good bottom coil tank, my favorite being the Kanger Aerotanks. That's why I bothered to assemble the mod on the right. The Aerotank Mini here vapes as good as the bigger models, holds a good bit more juice than the Gripper/cartomizer, draws super easy and airy, and on this mod fits in the palm of your hand. Best of both worlds.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a tiny one:

15xtgy0.jpg

Cosmic Innovations Quasar and Tarsius Customs 4Nine in 18350 mode. 1ohm single coil build for shits and giggles ;)

16ao8y8.jpg

Tiny and really nice. Can you fire it up with the palm of your hand? Or do you pinky fire or what?

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just use the knuckle on my middle finger while holding the mod with my thumb and index finger. ;)

@bystander, don't have links where I got them b/c they were trade items. I put the mod and atty name so you can just cut and paste into Google to search.

BTW, a buddy recently purchased the Novice hybrid, its an awesome mod, amazing how small it really is when you see it in person. Was pretty impressed how nice the switch was.

cactusvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is a tiny one:

15xtgy0.jpg

16ao8y8.jpg

That Quasar looks really nice on the 4NINE

cactusvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ugh. That's quite a tempting offer, @cactusvaper. :)

Thing is, if I do get one of those, that means I would need to get a battery too. And a charger. Aren't there any mechs that you can charge via USB? Then again I guess it won't be a mech then - right? LOL

Tell me more about this 4NINE clone offer. Might be a bit over my head at this time, but I'm eager to learn. :)

The 4NINE is another mechanical Mod. It has only the parts needed to work a top a body and a fire button. the top is just a 510 threaded piece of metal. If you have not had exp. w/mech's then I would not recommend it.
you would also need a battery and charger.
the Novice are cool for stealth vape as they are one of the smallest Mechs out there.
4NINE Pics Below
4NINE (4).JPG 4NINE.JPG 4NINE (2).JPG 4NINE (3).JPG

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BlackKnight_Robod.jpg

The little one is a bOd MECHA byLeo in 18350 mode. On top is a KFL+ with a nano kit.

Cool. That BOD MECHA (new to me) is such a unique design, with its buttonless switch activated by downward movement of the head. I wonder what it's like to use. Unlike any other mod I suppose.

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cool. That BOD MECHA (new to me) is such a unique design, with its buttonless switch activated by downward movement of the head. I wonder what it's like to use. Unlike any other mod I suppose.

I have nothing to compare it to. The only other mechanical I have or have tried is the Reo. It's very simple to use though.

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That Fakirs FX16 Hybrid is a gorgeous piece!

For the price it is a very versatile piece, dripper or poly tank mode (spheroid style) 510 and hybrid connections, etc

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm shooting for 60mm from base to top of the tank and mod button. It's intended to fit Kayfun Lite and Aerotank Mega, which are very close in tank height. Add the drip tip etc. and you're looking at total height of ~85mm for Aerotank and ~90mm for Kayfun.

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your welcome

D

Donald Bickers

Zippo insert...

lsvzippo_zps0a6bcdd5.jpg

Ikarus...

ikstealth_zps170b9b3d.jpg

MicroStick...

micro11_zpsb02d6c56.jpg
I have one of these zippo called an eciggo that looks the same,,,,,can you buy empty cartos for them,,if so what kind are they,,,,,,,sorry not trying to sound stupid,,just don't want to get the wrong one

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is my smallest and stealthiest set up that is actually a mod....I call it Mini Me. :rolleyes:

I've just got a regular LR 510 atty on it. It takes a 14250 batt and vapes like a champ.

Mini Box Mod  #1.jpg Mini Box mod #2.jpg Mini Mod Inside.jpg

VU Sponsors