Become a Patron!

LG 18650 HD2 2000MAH 25A/50A

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So. LG made pretty badass batteries, 25/50 is nearly there with the vtc-batts. Anyone already using these?

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
probably not they are 65.2 mm tall HE2 are 64.9mm tall, also the HD2 is 18.5 mm wide and HE2 are 18.3. so maybe not widely used because maybe too big or wide for some/most mods. I know these wouldn't fit in my cloupor mini. my samsung 25r's are tight and those are 64.8 mm tall.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably OT, but I just read the datasheet for the LG HE4 and it's sorta interesting. I guess they are supposed to replace the HE2's at some point?

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/c...Ww38HZue4RXml5IrVkw3kywjkbv0BCN94eHBrqzopL4X8

yeah, the rumor I read somewhere is that they're supposedly more thermally stable...I started a thread awhile back asking about the same thing between the HE2/4's. I've been looking for the HD2...if anyone finds one for sale I'd love to get ahold it and try it out and send it to someone for a bench test.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just ordered four for shit and giggles. I'll put those through their paces and report back. I don't have any fancy equipment, just good old fashioned abuse.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But i must say, when these big companies come out with something and they say you can drain them at 25A continuos, it's not only true but also an understatement. They always factor in some room to be absolutely sure that the batts can handle what they promise.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay, they are not new, and no, they are not as good as Sonys. But still closer than anyone else has gotten. Now contribute with something useful or take your negativity some place else.

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So. LG made pretty badass batteries, 25/50 is nearly there with the vtc-batts. Anyone already using these?
And which Sony is that? Sure ain't the VTC5.

http://genuinecells.com/blogs/datasheets/Sony-US18650VTC5-data-sheet.pdf
Okay, they are not new, and no, they are not as good as Sonys. But still closer than anyone else has gotten. Now contribute with something useful or take your negativity some place else.
You're a funny guy. So your made up specs and uneducated, wrong guesses are a positive thing? LOL

Totally agree with "...something useful" There's always one! Thanks for your opinion on the Lg!

VU Sponsors