Become a Patron!

LG HG2 harder to find?

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why are the LG HG2's getting more and more rare to come by? They seem sold out at all of the trusted battery vendors and when they DO get restocked, their out within a day or so, almost like the stock was small. Did LG Chem discontinue them? Or is it merely because the counterfeit situation has gotten so bad?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
For these, the counterfeit market has escalated. I ordered, on the recommendation of Joe on Mod Envy, several of them from a vendor on eBay. When I finally took them out of the boxes, the wrap was REALLY thick at the seams. I found MANY of them would charge then no charge later that day, would only hold a charge for 10 minutes and others wouldn't last like the real deal. I approached the vendor that they were DOA and knock-offs. I got a full refund for 7 sets of 4 batteries IMMEDIATELY. No discussion with them, just credit. Talk about admission!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For these, the counterfeit market has escalated. I ordered, on the recommendation of Joe on Mod Envy, several of them from a vendor on eBay. When I finally took them out of the boxes, the wrap was REALLY thick at the seams. I found MANY of them would charge then no charge later that day, would only hold a charge for 10 minutes and others wouldn't last like the real deal. I approached the vendor that they were DOA and knock-offs. I got a full refund for 7 sets of 4 batteries IMMEDIATELY. No discussion with them, just credit. Talk about admission!
Wow! I wonder if the supply is just THAT low for the high demand! I ordered some not that long ago, they haven't been in stock at Illumn or Liion SINCE! It's weird! I emailed Liion and they said in a couple weeks..... Well...... still nothing. I wonder if they got a shipment of fakes and didn't sell them. I consider myself lucky to get some genuine cells.... FOR NOW. I wonder why the shortage of this great battery.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow! I wonder if the supply is just THAT low for the high demand! I ordered some not that long ago, they haven't been in stock at Illumn or Liion SINCE! It's weird! I emailed Liion and they said in a couple weeks..... Well...... still nothing. I wonder if they got a shipment of fakes and didn't sell them. I consider myself lucky to get some genuine cells.... FOR NOW. I wonder why the shortage of this great battery.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-browns-from-mod-envy-ebay-deal-april.426737/

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why are the LG HG2's getting more and more rare to come by? They seem sold out at all of the trusted battery vendors and when they DO get restocked, their out within a day or so, almost like the stock was small. Did LG Chem discontinue them? Or is it merely because the counterfeit situation has gotten so bad?
Well we know that they don't produce batteries directly for us. But I haven't heard of anything about them being discontinued. The buyers who would effect LG making changes are manufacturers who buy directly from LG, so fakes wouldn't be a concern for them. Manufacturers have QC standards and tests in place to prevent that sort of thing anyway. The fakes are probably just made for us and the rest of people on the secondary market.

LG might just be making the switch to a different format or the uses for the HG2 have just gone down.

Bottom line - I wouldn't buy HG2s from anywhere except the 2 or 3 vendors I know are legit. Just grab some 25R/30Q or VCT5A/6s in the meantime.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well we know that they don't produce batteries directly for us. But I haven't heard of anything about them being discontinued. The buyers who would effect LG making changes are manufacturers who buy directly from LG, so fakes wouldn't be a concern for them. Manufacturers have QC standards and tests in place to prevent that sort of thing anyway. The fakes are probably just made for us and the rest of people on the secondary market.

LG might just be making the switch to a different format or the uses for the HG2 have just gone down.

Bottom line - I wouldn't buy HG2s from anywhere except the 2 or 3 vendors I know are legit. Just grab some 25R/30Q or VCT5A/6s in the meantime.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yeah I really only trust Illumn and Liion. They've been out of stock since I bought my last set of em. Hopefully another 20A 3000mAh battery shows up, people all say to use the Samsung 30Q and claim it's rated very conservatively, but I would hate to go against manufacturer rating when it comes to these batteries. 25Rs are awesome, but lower capacity. Hmm...

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I really only trust Illumn and Liion. They've been out of stock since I bought my last set of em. Hopefully another 20A 3000mAh battery shows up, people all say to use the Samsung 30Q and claim it's rated very conservatively, but I would hate to go against manufacturer rating when it comes to these batteries. 25Rs are awesome, but lower capacity. Hmm...
IMR is a good place also.
Never had a problem with their products.

VU Sponsors