Become a Patron!

LG HG2's for mechanical mods?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone.

First, I would like to point out I do not exceed my batteries CDR in my mechanical mods, I am enjoying them well within and under 20A, either single or dual coil.

Now, I am wondering would a LG HG2 be a good idea for extended battery life, or due to the higher IR would I not benefit much from using them, plus pulling at 3.7V would I not notice much difference?

So, my question is really stick with 25R's and HE4's for my mechs, or are the HG2's a good cell to use within their CDR?

Thanks everyone, Conan.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The HG4 gets a bit of a mAh rating boost by being able to run down to 2 volts without damage. I believe most battery mAh tests from the manufacturers are done at a minimum voltage of 2.5V.

I can't access Mooch's blog on ECF but you can find them here. The test data he has on all these batts is what I would use first for deciding which would be better for me.

There is another reviewer who is very good but his data only goes up to 5A draw which is about 17 watts per batt. Here is his performance data for the cells you're talking about at 5A. The HE4 gets around 15% more mAh for both mech and regulated mods ... at 17 watts. The difference between 2500 and 3000 mAh is about 20%.

If you're vaping at say 30 watts per battery you'll be drawing about 9A. I suspect the difference at this higher amp draw will be less and if you vape at 15A (50 watts) or a bit higher it will be significantly less or maybe even lower than the 25R but that's my opinion only.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even though the HG2 can go lower then most batteries (2V) I doubt anyone is going to go that low, since even at 0.2 ohm it's only going to get you 20W

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use them in mech's but I think you will find cells like the 25r's or VTC4's perform better at lower loads due to a lower cell IR.
Thank you.
I will stick with my 25R's and HE4's for my mechs then, and save the higher capacity cells for my regulated devices.

VU Sponsors