Become a Patron!

"Lifeproofing" my Snow Wolf 75W?

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
I'm an offroader and recently, a vaper. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal if my pack of cigarettes got a little dusty after some dirtbike riding or time in the desert; this is not the case with a vape.. If some sand or dirt gets into the buttons I'm basically f***ed.

I found this silicone case which would HELP but probably wouldn't solve the problem completely, and based on the reviews it falls apart at the seams after pulling in and out of your pocket every so often.
Any hikers/offroaders have tips? I'm literally just thinking about keeping it in a ziplock bag and taking it out when we stop for smoke/beer breaks, but if you guys know of any "lifeproof" cases similar to the ones they sell for smartphones I would appreciate it! Thanks :D

Edit: If I can't find a viable option for sand/waterproofing my mod I'll probably pick up a Juul to carry around as my "beater." I may have to buy a pack of emergency cigarettes too.

& Seeing as how my recently acquired Snow Wolf is a bit dated I may just end up upgrading to a GeekVape Aegis 100W. Anyone own one?

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Get you a little single battery mod and a small waterproof case. I race mountain bikes and do distance road cycling and have a little tiny COV device and a Nautilus X. Over all about 3". Whole damn thing fits inside a 2 battery waterproof 18650 case and gets a giggle from others when they see me racing and "smoking".

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
Get you a little single battery mod and a small waterproof case. I race mountain bikes and do distance road cycling and have a little tiny COV device and a Nautilus X. Over all about 3". Whole damn thing fits inside a 2 battery waterproof 18650 case and gets a giggle from others when they see me racing and "smoking".

Haha I dig it! I used to race velodrome and fixed gear centuries.. I remember toking mid cadence as I blew past people with my 49/15 ratio and getting dirty looks and exaggerated coughing. :bingo:

Got any recommendations for waterproof cases?

Edit: The more I read about this waterproof/shockproof/dustproof Aegis 100W, the more I like it.. I think I see a purchase in my near future. :idea:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I use these because they are cheap. I had to shave the tabs to get everything to fit and they work well enough to get me through 250 miles of riding.

http://amzn.to/2FdtmI2

I will find teh model of the little COV mod, Any discernible markings have been rubbed off mine.
http://amzn.to/2FdtmI2

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yeah man. Been using this little setup for just this purpose for quite a long time. Saves me worrying about a nice kit, carrying around the extra weight and its just good enough to get me by. FWIW, Almost every silicon case I have ever had has rubbed the finish off my mods. Even a silver Kooper Primus.

VU Sponsors