Become a Patron!

light green mnke, 4.4v off the charger?

Nrustica

Member For 4 Years
AW which normally comes off at 4.3v was my favorite battery, now i'm thinking the light green mnke might be even better. I bought this in May 2013 from hotvapes and it's still working good. The orange mnke I have is not as good, although it might be older and left in the hot car more.

.30CalSolution

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not trying to insult or be a smart*** here but what's the question.. Is it about the cell or charger?
Or was this just an fyi informative post about batteries?

Nrustica

Member For 4 Years
just comparing notes to see if anyone else gets a 4.4v on the light green and not the orange. i test the battery on a vamo when it comes off the charge.

.30CalSolution

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's the charger and not the cells. The cell will only charge to the voltage allowed by the charger.

.30CalSolution

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What brand/model charger are you using? Intellicharger/sysmax/hobby type?

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's the charger and not the cells. The cell will only charge to the voltage allowed by the charger.

Not to be a stickler, but this is true only if the battery has the capacity to be charged to the level of the charger...put a 6 volt battery in a 12 volt charger...BOOM

.30CalSolution

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, and thr lithium batteries we typically use can be charged to 5,6,7 volts, not suggesting it though.

But, if his cells are coming out of the charger with various voltages...its pretty clear where the issue is. Chargers will supply power to the cells until the voltage hits a certain point then stop. My intellichargers charge right to 4.22v and thats it.

I literally have hundreds of 18650 cells but never had one that came out of any of my quality chargers with varying voltages.

VU Sponsors