Become a Patron!

lil boy atomizer clone coil help

Victor Erivez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i try and add 2 coils and it burns so hot the button at the bottom is hotter then shit.... any ideas why or how to add more coils i only have 1 and it isnt hitting as good as i know it should thanks and please help

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i try and add 2 coils and it burns so hot the button at the bottom is hotter then shit.... any ideas why or how to add more coils i only have 1 and it isnt hitting as good as i know it should thanks and please help
That sounds like you have a short. What's your resistance measuring at?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK it is cleaning and exploring time.
OK break down and clean the atty. I mean all parts and pieces.
Put battery somewhere safe and then take the mod apart to all pieces and check for flashing, metal gunk etc. I had a nemy once I thought I went over close enough... flashing+electricity= arc and nuked mod.

Victor Erivez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
at the time it was new.... had for about 1.5 weeks now... the shop i go to tested everything with 1 coil it works fine when he adds 2 its to hot.... the resistance was fine with 1 coil.... it says online it can handle 3 coils... so since its new should i take it all apart still?

Victor Erivez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
he also said there might be a short then tested it and said no it runs good off 1 coil

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, I trust shop people way less than used car salesmen and pedophiles in a childrens hospital.

What battery are you using, what gauge wire?
Break everything down check it with a magnifying glass if need be, get rid of all burrs and imperfections. Re assemble test and make sure all the pins have a snug not overly tight connection and then rebuild.

Victor Erivez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks big nasty.... samsung inr18650-25r i thinks its 22g wire

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
WHOA ok ya dual 22 is going to push those batteries to their absolute amp limts and the hot button is a good indication shit is about to go fucky on you in a big way.
that one coil is pushing the upper limits about .3 to .35 or lower in that coil. 2 coils in it you are below .2 like in .12-.19 land, and I am not seeing how the little boy has more build space than my tobh so you are well below .2 and pushing those batteries past their amp limits.

24 ga is about as thick as I would go staying in the 26 ga for safety.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with nasty. 24ga will do much better for you. I used to run dual coils in my plume veil 2.5mm, 5wraps, with 24ga and it put me a little higher than .2ohms. Much lower and your really straining a 20amp battery.

Victor Erivez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the gague was the issue thanks guys!!! you rock 26ga worked just perfect woot woot....

jackssurvival

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use 20 .ga in mine no issues. If I'm using my Apollo mod same rda on my wife's nemesis one good cloud and you can get a nasty burn from the firing button that's running 20 .ga royalwire at .06
But with the Apollo I can chain vape

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use 20 .ga in mine no issues. If I'm using my Apollo mod same rda on my wife's nemesis one good cloud and you can get a nasty burn from the firing button that's running 20 .ga royalwire at .06
But with the Apollo I can chain vape
Depending on the battery that is going to be a BAD thing.

jackssurvival

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've used these batteries forever with no issues I also have a couple efest. 35a but I rotate 8 batteries one only last a couple hour but 've been vapin a lot more these past couple days my mother passed Sunday and I've looked like a choo choo choo train everywhere I've went currently running as of thismorning 5wrap 20 .ga nichrome dual coil 3mm. On a .mx v2 ohm reader is no more not sure what it's running but nowhere close to the royalwire at

Victor Erivez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks guys im using samsung inr18650-25r with 26g wire seems to be working good....

Victor Erivez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sorry to heat that aswell jack.... mother passing rough man hope she lived to be an older woman at lease but none the less its stil hard

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK so the battery is rated for 22 amp pull... at .21 you are at 20 amps. at .06 you are pulling 42 amps on a 22 amp rated battery.

You are seriously setting yourself up for a kaboom battery or vented battery.

On point big. And my beef's nobody's passion' on how to perfect these winds. So they're susceptible to shorting and overheating anyway from inadequate or incomplete oxidation which only preloads stress for the batt from the git. I pretty much set my limit at .3Ω but running precisely tuned tension winds they perform like .15Ω builds as pro's I've worked with will tell ya. Diffusion of vapor from eccentric winds can be pretty spectacular yep. At these proximities to a dead short and fractional tolerances minute miscalculations in wind Ω can have impressive consequences too.

It's great to be young BN. It's great to stay young.

Good luck all.

:)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On point big. And my beef's nobody's passion' on how to perfect these winds. So they're susceptible to shorting and overheating anyway from inadequate or incomplete oxidation which only preloads stress for the batt from the git. I pretty much set my limit at .3Ω but running precisely tuned tension winds they perform like .15Ω builds as pro's I've worked with will tell ya. Diffusion of vapor from eccentric winds can be pretty spectacular yep. At these proximities to a dead short and fractional tolerances minute miscalculations in wind Ω can have impressive consequences too.

It's great to be young BN. It's great to stay young.

Good luck all.

Who said I was young?
Pretty sure I survived my invincible bullshit of my teens and twenties... spent the majority of my 30s patching my ass back together.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heard that. We're all tryin' to help our boy Vic here. Glad ya made it. I survived the 60's.

G'luck.

Victor Erivez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks guys all helpful!!! on another note... i did a quad coil to better the taste and flavor but doesnt hit as well as the dual coil..... but the taste is quite good everytime.... any suggestions on coils... now using 24g wire and works good....

VU Sponsors