Become a Patron!

Lil help on single coil to dual coils

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
adding more coils divides your resistance by the number of coils...so going from single to dual, your resistance will be cut in half. the coils must be identical wire/gauge/metal/wraps/inner diameter, and they should glow evenly/simultaneously when you are installing them/tuning them/before you wick.

you will likely need twice the wattage to get the same performance, which will reduce your battery life roughly in half was well.

:cheers:

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What mod/mods do you have? I suggest you use regulated dual battery mod, especially since you're new to building. I always keep my dual coil attys on my dual battery mods. Like @mach1ne, firing dual coils takes more wattage than a single coil, roughly double of that same coil by itself. So with a single battery mod you'd be swapping batteries twice as often. And more importantly, you'd be putting a lot of strain on a single battery which would shorten it's longterm life span

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What mod/mods do you have? I suggest you use regulated dual battery mod, especially since you're new to building. I always keep my dual coil attys on my dual battery mods. Like @mach1ne, firing dual coils takes more wattage than a single coil, roughly double of that same coil by itself. So with a single battery mod you'd be swapping batteries twice as often. And more importantly, you'd be putting a lot of strain on a single battery which would shorten it's longterm life span

Ooh forgot to add that I'm using gpriv.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have been vaping close to 2 months now only using single coil. I have never done dual coils yet, what do I need to know if I want to make dual coils that nothing goes wrong?

Single coil .26 to .35 ohms, 6 wraps, around 55 to 65watts using these batteries https://www.imrbatteries.com/sony-vtc5a-18650-2600mah-25a-flat-top-battery/
And here's the pre made wires I'm using.
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...lel-fused-clapton-28gx3-core-36g-wrap-316l-ss
Youll definitely need to bump the wattage and airflow if youre going to dual coil, but youre using a regulated mod that can deal with that. Just make sure your two coils have the same trimmed leg length and are installed as identically as possible, and that they both glow (just a very dull glow, just enough to see how theyre firing) evenly and at the same speed

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Would be easier to use single wire or simple clapton coils builds for the first build or two. AVS coils are easy to use for dual builds, I get an even ramp with them faster than other brands. You can use what coils you have and add another wrap or two to each to bring up the resistance a bit as well.

VU Sponsors