Become a Patron!

Limitless plus + SMOK Alien 220w flavor issues

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so i just got the SMOK Alien and limitless plus RDTA. I put a 7 wrap dual clapton build at .22 ohms running at 90w. I hold my mod horizontally when firing and I'm getting very little flavor. I'm using just the chuff cap without the included drip tip. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
is it not firing much or are you getting a lot of vapor but with poor flavor?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had similar issue but had used a new cotton.
Switched back to cotton bacon and it took me back to the great full flavor I'm used to.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Switched back to cotton bacon and it took me back to the great full flavor I'm used to.
I'm in the camp that the benefit of cotton bacon is more mental. The only difference I noticed is with cotton bacon you don't get a wierd flavor for the 1st few hits like regular organic cotton balls and you need to use more cotton bacon as it doesn't expand as much when wet. but after 5 hits or so, I can't tell the difference between it and regular organic cotton balls from CVS

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've not tried the cotton balls, only cotton bacon and some cheap shit I got from China labelled "Japanese Organic Cotton"
I only got that because I wanted to try it in the squares once.
I'd love to try the unicorn hair but not because of the material.
Because they have those pieces over the ends like shoe strings do and I think it'd make it extremely convenient and fast to rewick.
Numerous reports that the material sucks but then again there are many people that don't like air, food, sex, cold beverages, showers, and sight.
So with it being so subjective I think I'm going to try some next time I'm ordering shit just to try it once.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats actually what I just used for the 1st time in this rdta. Ive been using Lush Japanese cotton

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my best guess then is too much air try using the smaller drip tip and closing off the air a little and see what happens
Wow. I just closed the airflow a tad. Idk if it was my taste bud fatigue from earlier today, or the premium juice I'm using, but i taste it a lot more. I want to try it with my diy mixes after my space rocks goes. I just now got a mouthful of juice

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wow. I just closed the airflow a tad. Idk if it was my taste bud fatigue from earlier today, or the premium juice I'm using, but i taste it a lot more. I want to try it with my diy mixes after my space rocks goes. I just now got a mouthful of juice

Too much air flow mutes the flavor if your build doesn't hit fast enough :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As stated above, closing off the airflow will indeed produce much better flavor. Also, try using a standard, smaller 510 style drip tip instead of the chuff cap. This will restrict the airflow even more, giving even better flavor. Chuff caps are meant for producing bigger clouds. On another note, how you wick the coils can have a large effect on the flavor they produce. Too little cotton will give spitback usually, and too much cotton will produce dry hits easier. Finding the delicate balance is KEY for maximizing flavor potential. Also, as with all RDTAs, the amount of wick that hangs down below the deck and into the tank is important. You want smaller "tails" hanging down into the tank. I generally have the tails hang down ~3mm below the deck's wick holes. I have found not only does this allow superior wicking ability, more eliquid potential to fill the tank with, but it also gives a more pronounced flavor, as the juice has less distance to travel up the wicks, allowing a more pure flavor from the juice, without any extra interference from more cotton. I am an RDTA lover, and the limitless plus is a good one! My personal favorite however, is still the original Avocado 22 by GeekVape. This mother chucker gives hands down, the BEST flavor I have ever gotten out of ANY tank. The flavor on the Avocado beats out some of my RDAs even....

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As stated above, closing off the airflow will indeed produce much better flavor. Also, try using a standard, smaller 510 style drip tip instead of the chuff cap. This will restrict the airflow even more, giving even better flavor. Chuff caps are meant for producing bigger clouds. On another note, how you wick the coils can have a large effect on the flavor they produce. Too little cotton will give spitback usually, and too much cotton will produce dry hits easier. Finding the delicate balance is KEY for maximizing flavor potential. Also, as with all RDTAs, the amount of wick that hangs down below the deck and into the tank is important. You want smaller "tails" hanging down into the tank. I generally have the tails hang down ~3mm below the deck's wick holes. I have found not only does this allow superior wicking ability, more eliquid potential to fill the tank with, but it also gives a more pronounced flavor, as the juice has less distance to travel up the wicks, allowing a more pure flavor from the juice, without any extra interference from more cotton. I am an RDTA lover, and the limitless plus is a good one! My personal favorite however, is still the original Avocado 22 by GeekVape. This mother chucker gives hands down, the BEST flavor I have ever gotten out of ANY tank. The flavor on the Avocado beats out some of my RDAs even....
Wow, thank you for that. I was wondering why all the vids i watched said to keep the cotton short. I wasn't sure what the big deal was. Now i know. I'll try that when I change my cotton next

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, thank you for that. I was wondering why all the vids i watched said to keep the cotton short. I wasn't sure what the big deal was. Now i know. I'll try that when I change my cotton next

No problem mate! please let me know how it works out for you! cheers!

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem mate! please let me know how it works out for you! cheers!
I just changed my cotton the other day and I cut it so you can't see the tails through the glass. I can definitely tell a difference in flavor that way. Thanks so much!

VU Sponsors