Become a Patron!

Limitless RDTA by iJoy Build

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i recently picked up a Limitless atty at a convention recently. i have been running a 24 guage 6 wrapped spaced with Japanese Cotton, running at 45-70 watts on a Sigieli Fuchai. i only had one instance on wicking issues. only once. i was wondering if there is an ideal build, looking for more cloud production, flavor is not a number 1 for me. thanks in advance

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
here's my latest build. it's vaping like a dream. i used premade A1 kanthal 28/32 UD clapton wire. 3mm ID, 8 wraps. comes in at .42ohm and vaping it on my Sig213 at 70watts with 80watt preheat for 1 sec. (anywhere between 60-80w it's been doing well)

WeT4w9Cl.jpg

cotton is somewhat firm through the coil, but i combed it with my tweezers and took out a fair amount of the density of the cotton.

sW4EaMvl.jpg

then juiced up the wicks a little and then cut them a little shorter

6EnHUgsl.jpg

put the deck barrel section back on and filled it up

xswU0pBl.jpg

here she is

YtXRtF8l.jpg

another tip, toward the end when it's wicked, i like to use something small to poke a small air hole between the wicks and deck. i just use the tip of my tweezer and just push a little of the cotton away from the deck leaving a little air hole for the juice to breath and not cause a vacuum to inhibit the wicking process.

i hope this helps. i've really been enjoying mine. my favorite atty to date. i hardly use any more of my tanks and don't use any of my drippers anymore after getting this thing.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
cotton is somewhat firm through the coil, but i combed it with my tweezers and took out a fair amount of the density of the cotton.

The cotton fibers are what wicks the juice, how does removing some of them make it work better?

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The cotton fibers are what wicks the juice, how does removing some of them make it work better?

because if the cotton is too thick/tight and being compressed between the deck and deck barrel, it chokes off the flow. .

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Makes sense. I'm waiting on one right now, so looking at comments from users. Does all that uncombed firm cotton thru the coil tend to choke the flow of juice into the center of the coil?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice pics and build. I wick mine the same way. The only thing I do a little different is I cut my wicks right at the beginning of the glass. Love this Rdta. My only complaint is I wish it was 510 compatible or at the very least had an adapter. Other than that I'm loving this thing.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Kidney puncher has the griffin 510 adapters which work. This atty seems to be pretty forgiving on wicking method, I stuffed mine full of cotton, didn't rip out any fibers or make a breathing hole, and have the tails hanging down to where I can see them thru the top of the glass. It's working fine, tried chain vaping to see if there would be any dry hits but it keeps up. Flavor is off the charts.
I just ordered another clone from from focalecig, 10 bucks.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been doing a 5 wrap of 32 over 26 Clapton out of kanthal at .25ohm between 40 and 60 watts on my asmodus. The wick I played with a little and left long on one side, to the bottom of the glass, the other side half the length, the wick is cotton bacon v2.
So far I havent had a dry hit hit in the two weeks ive been using this setup, but ive been going through like two tanks a day, not including whats in my other tank I swap out.
Tried to show pictures but my phone is being an ass right now.

xibilius

Member For 4 Years
I have another question in the same way, is it possible to build on Kanthal A1 26 with the limitless dta plus ?
Did anyone try this before ?

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes, you can put smaller builds in and they should work just fine.

I tried some build in this beast. Best i found out without wasting too much juice is a single 23G SS coil 3mm 8 wraps.. Flavor awesome + dense and nice cloud. I wicked it to the bottom of the glass and it wick perfectly! Nice tip, always get a tiny hole for air beside your wick.. no leak, just epicness xD

Hi, so I'm really green to vaping. I started out with an E-Leaf with a simple tank (can't remember the exact name of it) and I had a friend build the coils and stuff so I had a lot of help. Now that I am by myself I decided to upgrade and I purchased the Limitless RDTA and a Kangertech Kbox 200W. I used the premade coils that came with the set up and wicked the coils with organic Japanese cotton. The cotton runs down to the bottom of the tank (not excessively but just enough to barely touch), and it hits at .31ohm. I'm not a newbie when it actually comes to hitting a vape but this one is making me cough like a mofo and i've gotten some decent splatter back from it. I don't run it at a high voltage, generally between 35-50 but I wanna up it without destroying it and i wanna fix this problem obviously so I was wondering what is the best build for chain vaping and cloud production.

Also, forgive me if I sound dumb af lol.

Hi, so I'm really green to vaping. I started out with an E-Leaf with a simple tank (can't remember the exact name of it) and I had a friend build the coils and stuff so I had a lot of help. Now that I am by myself I decided to upgrade and I purchased the Limitless RDTA and a Kangertech Kbox 200W. I used the premade coils that came with the set up and wicked the coils with organic Japanese cotton. The cotton runs down to the bottom of the tank (not excessively but just enough to barely touch), and it hits at .31ohm. I'm not a newbie when it actually comes to hitting a vape but this one is making me cough like a mofo and i've gotten some decent splatter back from it. I don't run it at a high voltage, generally between 35-50 but I wanna up it without destroying it and i wanna fix this problem obviously so I was wondering what is the best build for chain vaping and cloud production.

Also, forgive me if I sound dumb af lol.

Honestly the prebuilts it come so with burnout and spit badly, just don't use em and the problem will be fixed, also make sure cottons are cut thick enough

I use 26ga titanium wire and was wondering if there was a way to dual coil with this atty. whenever I try to wrap two for this it will not read. I use a 150 Watt Praxis Vapors box.

I've been doing a 5 wrap of 32 over 26 Clapton out of kanthal at .25ohm between 40 and 60 watts on my asmodus. The wick I played with a little and left long on one side, to the bottom of the glass, the other side half the length, the wick is cotton bacon v2.
So far I havent had a dry hit hit in the two weeks ive been using this setup, but ive been going through like two tanks a day, not including whats in my other tank I swap out.
Tried to show pictures but my phone is being an ass right now.
What does 5 wrap over 32 mean & do you use twisted kanthol. I know what 5 wraps is but not over 32 I'm waiting on the new limitless plus and my mod only goes to 60 watts so I need as much info as possible

VU Sponsors