Become a Patron!

Limitless RDTA vs Avocado 24mm

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Buying one of these today. Both look exactly like what I want out of an RDTA. Just can't decide which one, lol. Anyone have good reasons/opinions that put one ahead of the other?

Things I am assuming based on review videos....

1. Avocado looks easier to wick. You just put cotton into holes. Limitless you have to wet it and form it to channels.

2. Limitless looks easier to fill. It has a side window for easy filling. Avocado you have to thumb out the cover, and fill into a very small hole.

3. According to MikeVapes, Avocado claims 5ml capacity but holds 4ml. He says Limitless claims 4ml capacity but holds 5ml.

4. Limitless airflow looks like it could move in your pocket so would require checks before vaping. Avocado looks pretty firm in its airflow setting.

Last edited:

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would go for the Avocado. My friend has both. His only complain with the avocado was the wicking holes. All we have to do was drill it out bigger. And also the avocado has afc.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
drip tip is a big issue for me,, i want to use my own,, i dont like the built in chuf tips unless they are designed to accept a 510 drip tip also.. and even then its a con to me,, my pockets are not real deep and i dont want half the mod sticking out...prefer no chuf at all.

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Avocado has a removable drip 510 drip tip. And like I said, you can always make the wick wholes larger. Also, the avocado has an option of single coil, limitless doesnt.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
someday, there will only be like 5 atty's.... all perfect for their intended use lol..

list of must haves: (add yours the the list as i am sure to miss some) remember i said 5 atty's,, so you can imagine when some of the below items would not apply
1) afc -many or large air holes
2) afc position in relation to coils
3) accepts 510 drip tips
4) velocity /style posts (or better) +accepts thick/multiple wire coils
5) interchangeable globes & chimneys for volume
6) leakproof
7) top fill

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I chose the Avocado. After receiving a Tornado for review I think Ijoy needs a little more experience on atty design.

As for capacity, did these reviewers count the wicks? I guarantee your wicks themselves hold at least 1ml.

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the 24mm Avocado and would recommend. Really enjoying it. The fill holes look small, but a standard glass drippers fit fine. The piece with the fill holes is a soft material with stretch. Filling is way easier than the 22mm version.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mine came today so I'll measure capacity (Avocado).

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got an Avocado on the way, so I can test it myself...

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the Theorem not even worth considering for a quasi genny?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is the Theorem not even worth considering for a quasi genny?
It is actually, 101vape has them on sale. I bought one with some other stuff to check it out. The big thing is the notch coils for the atty.

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I received the theorem yesterday and I havent put it down yet. Not because I love it, its just that im tried so much build on it and I cant find a good one. Notch coil is not for me. It gave me a metallic taste. Still figuring it out but as for my opinion, I wouldnt recommend it to any of my friends.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that sucks, hate getting vape gear that doesn't meet expectations and hype. There is no way I would get the Limitless, until I hear glowing reports about it, after dealing with that fucking Tornado. Hey, anybody want to trade an Avocado for a Tornado :devil:

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah, i have clapton coils in it and the taste is ok, but the whole thing gets hot. I would recommend the Griifin. I modded the juice channels so even with max vg and chain valing, I dnt get try hits.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a Griffin 22, was my favorite rta for quite awhile. But want to try one of these ~genny style. The more I hear about the Theorem, looks like it's going to be the Avocado. Seems like most don't like the Moonshot either.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I got 4.6ml in my Avocado.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Is that the 24mm?

Nevermind, just looked it up...

Last edited:

Edd Harbin

Member For 5 Years
Limitless all the way .....Easy velocity style deck , Wicking so easy a newb can do it , You have easy to use ( and it doesn't move unless you make it) air flow control , and you can still drop ......AND ZERO LEAKING !

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what I dont like with the the limitless is the its too tall for wicking. I chain vape so it will not be for me. It will have longer time to wick properly at high wattage. But then again it all drops down to personal preference.

Edd Harbin

Member For 5 Years
Haven't had issues with chain vaping duel clapton .4 ohm coils at 100 watts . It's easy to wick , just don't have it too tight in the channels .....you can also drip , so you can have it both ways .

I also have a limitless and it can chain vape claptons at 100w with the wicks all the way down to the bottom so you don't have to over tilt your tank in an unnatural position just to get it to wick more juice. Next build I cut the wicks shorter to midpoint of the glass just to fit more juice. Can anyone with an Avocado 24 tell me if the airholes line up evenly since the posts are offset a little to make room for the refill slot? Also how is it refilling with a dropper, cause it is mad easy with the ijoy as long as you remembered to move the cotton away from the slot.

mcvigo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Id say the limitless is easier to wick although I dont have one. They both look solid. I own the avocado. Id say the avocado is more complete due to drip tips and having option for single coil.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've heard people speak of this, never seen it. Think I'm gonna give it a go, seems like everything I wanted out of the Avocado minus the offset drip tip.. hopefully it's ported or I can at least change it. If so this may be the perfect genny.

Just got an Avocado clone in the mail today and threw 2 notch coils in it. The clone is well made but its missing the rubber gasket in the fill port but hasn't been a problem yet. Not sure if its the same i the authentic but the airflow is in the middle of the cap meaning it doesn't line up with the middle of the offset posts. This kinda bothers me but i'm getting great flavor anyways. Airflow is more restrictive than my recent tanks, the Limitless, Boreas, Supreme and Tornado but its still enjoyable. Wicking is annoying but not a problem. I wish the fill port holes were wider, I can't fill it with my fat tip big bottles, but drippers actually work very well as long as u keep the wicks away from it. I have my wicks very close to the bottom and its keeping up. Bottom line is its a good ass vape!

If you want more drip tip options and/or need single coil, definitely go 24. I personally prefer the Limitless because of its easier to wick, refill and it has more airflow which is centered to the post which is also centered. What i don't like with the limitless is you have less drip tip options, the chuff top can get worm and it didn't come with extra glass. I went ahead and bought an acrylic kennedy/goon drip tip and i'm loving this set up(see profile pic). I can't speak for the add on drip piece since mine was missing. I also heard that you can use griffin drip tips which means you can also use griffin 510 adapters. As far as flavor, can't really say which is better unless I did similar builds on the same juice, but i'm not going to do that. I'd guess u can get a bit more flavor on the 24 just because of the smaller bore drip tips, but I prefer wide bore. I think you'll be please either way you go, and remember my 24 is just a clone.

[edit] forgot to mention, when i've use a lot of cotton on the limitless I was able to leave it on its side and it didn't leak. On a different build i've had it leak sometimes when it was on its side, I'm wondering if keeping the fill hole upwards helps with that, but still like to keep it upright and not risk it most of the time.

Also, CSVAPE sale, you can get an Limitless shipped for 25.94. I ordered a second one. I paid 38 for the first one :/

Last edited:

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I realize the thread's over a week old now, but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in in case anyone researches it later. Picked up the limitless today. So far so good and I like everything about it except..... the chuff tip. Never been a fan. I don't hate it, but personally I'm just not a fan of them either. If the juice spits at all it's landing right on your tongue.

Flavor and ease of build is awesome though and wicking is a breeze. I wouldn't recommend keeping it on it's side or upside down, but if I do right now it doesn't leak. Filling is also a breeze. Pretty nifty rdta.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I realize the thread's over a week old now, but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in in case anyone researches it later. Picked up the limitless today. So far so good and I like everything about it except..... the chuff tip. Never been a fan. I don't hate it, but personally I'm just not a fan of them either. If the juice spits at all it's landing right on your tongue.

Flavor and ease of build is awesome though and wicking is a breeze. I wouldn't recommend keeping it on it's side or upside down, but if I do right now it doesn't leak. Filling is also a breeze. Pretty nifty rdta.

Did you find that drip tip extender in the spare parts bag? It helps a little.

budd77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpeg I've had one for a week now and I gotta say this thing is freaking amazing! I got one to go with a limitless mod. It's so easy to build on and wick. Easy to fill. I use the little drip tip and I think it is perfect. Puts out amazing flavour and Vape. Ton of airflow! It's running a .13 ohm 8.5 wraps 3 mm Id 22 ga 316L ss duel coil. With the afc half open with the drip tip in the flavour that comes out of this thing is just unbelievable and the clouds! This thing can defiantly chuck some serious clouds! I don't know how it would be for someone that mtl or vapes at low wattages but for someone that likes a bit of a high powered Vape this rdta rocks! It's my favourite Vape to date.

Last edited:

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you find that drip tip extender in the spare parts bag? It helps a little.

Yes. I'll try it. I wish it didn't restrict airflow but since I usually close down some airflow for more flavor maybe it won't be bad at all.

That looks nice on the limitless mod.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow!! Already see two things I like. 1. Phillips screws. Maybe I'm in the minority but I prefer them over hex/allen type screws. 2. Add your own top cap.
And probably 3, more capacity. The link didn't say how much it holds. Sure looks nice though!

Con's I see after investigating more. I don't like that you have to remove the 510 pin to take it apart. Although i like the screws, I prefer the velocity style like the limitless has. Looks like it holds 6 mls, so 1 extra ml.

I think I'm happier with the limitless but that's just me. All said it doesn't look bad and I'm sure it has great performance as well. Bottom line: to each his own as long as it's something you like.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got a Limitless at ecig.com for like $15. You have to type it in the search bar and it comes up with no pic for $19 then use code mday20.

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The limitless looks the best IMO. I could care less about clouds, but it supposedly has awesome flavour, which is more my thing

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got a Limitless at ecig.com for like $15. You have to type it in the search bar and it comes up with no pic for $19 then use code mday20.

I saw that too.. I almost bought it.. think it may be a mistake on their part.. I almost bought it but I already have the silver one.. if they offered the black one i would have bought it.. As for the limitless.. Limitless all the way.. easy to take apart and clean.. easy to fill.. easy the wick when building.. Thing is awesome.. I don't think they could have designed it better. the avocado is cool but the idea of having to stuff your cotton through the holes kinda sucks and you can't take the glass off without unscrewing the 510.. no thank you.. too much work. The limitless is easy. As for the drip tip issue with the limitless.. well i personally like the attachment they offer. my kennedy drip tip also fits in it. i also hear you can use the giffin drip tip as well. What I will say is the provided hex wrench is kinda shitty and will slip when trying to make the screws tight.. I ended up buying my own on amazon and no more slip when trying to make it nice and tight.. see below..

http://www.amazon.com/JACKLY-Profes...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I think it was a mistake on their part but I picked up 2. Basically after the discount I got 2 for the price of one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

janne303

Member For 4 Years
I get leaks from the airflow on my limitless but not from my avocado 24. What can I have done wrong?

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get leaks from the airflow on my limitless but not from my avocado 24. What can I have done wrong?

sounds like your cotton is too loose on your your limitless.. with the right amount of cotton you shouldn't have any leaks. but either way if you leave your limitless on its side long enough it will leak.. you have to treat it more like a RDA in that aspect..

VU Sponsors