link to reputable articles about CBD benefits

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by expat42451, Jun 7, 2019.

1. expat42451

expat42451 Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Want to thank everyone posting about CBD's. Have read a number of the threads and am still undecided-

I am 68, have vaped for about 6 years, off of cigarettes and my health reflects this, improved over what it was when I was still smoking. Vaping is a pleasure along with the pleasure of building coils and decks, trying different atomizers &c&c.

From what I am reading its implied that CBD has a number of health benefits. However a lot of what I read is advertising hype, some possibly unsubstantiated claims by people selling the products. I have read that vaping increases the bioavailibility of CBD from 6 % , typical in oral use, to almost 60% when vaped. Whether this is fact or not I do not know. My family has a history of cancer, particularly lung cancer. My health is very good and I would like to keep things that way so CBD is being considered. Can anyone point me to any clinical studies on how CBD might help someone one my age? I have no chronic health problems and would like to keep it that way.

Regards to all here on the forum and thanks.
    Expat

2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Hey Expat, I hear what you are saying, it's hard to figure out exactly what CBD actually is, what sources to get it from and what it may or may not actually be able to do for you

Been experimenting with it for awhile, from various sources and it's very confusing indeed

Here is one that could be a good start A Cross-Sectional Study of Cannabidiol Users - NCBIhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6043845/

Here is what I would do, google "CBD clinical studies vaping" and a wealth of information will pop up for you

What is known, is the the FDA recently approved the first prescription drug containing CBD for children with epilepsy, though it isn't vaped

FDA approves first drug comprised of an active ingredient derived from ...https://www.fda.gov/.../fda-approves-first-drug-comprised-active-ingredient-derived-...

The problem with a lot of the links as far as VU is concerned is the fact that many of them contain words or talk about a plant which CBD can be derived but which we are not allowed to discuss

CBD is an expensive thing to experiment with for something you may or may not benefit from using, and the risk of getting a type that is not that beneficial is very high

3. expat42451

Blog Posts:
    Hi Lucy
    Thanks very much for the links, will follow them and investigate further.
    Understand about the language sensitivity here as well and respect that.

Given family history and given some other things I have read I am curious if CBD use might somewhat lessen the possibility of cancer although in my case, stopping cigarettes I believe did more for me in that department than anything else I have done. Both my parents were smokers.

What else I am curious about is what mental benefits CBD might have as one ages --whether for example, CBD use might help with neuron firing and memory retrieval, maybe help to prevent senility or lessen the possibility of developing Alzheimer's. I am fortunate in that I have no history of this in my family but at my age want to do everything possible to maintain good health for as long as possible.

Again many kind thanks for your time and information.

Regards

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Have not heard anything (off the top of my head, and I could be incorrect) about a correlation between CBD and dementia

However, there are several interesting studies linking nicotine to a lessening of dementia symptoms, Parkinson's and other age related problems

Alzheimer's runs in my family on both sides hard core, so I plan to keep using nicotine, whether I vape or not, indefinitely

5. expat42451

Blog Posts:
    Lucy
    Thanks for this. I have also read about nicotine and dementia. I run 6Mg/Ml in what I vape at this point and plan to continue that.

My curiosity about CBD and mental function also is from wondering if it in fact improves mental function. I would very much like to go back to school for something a little different from what I have done before and if CBD helps with memory and retention, then it might be a good bet.

Thanks very much.
    Regards

6. expat42451

Blog Posts:
    Lucy
    Read the linked ncbi study that you provided. Lots of info there. Many thanks for that.

Regards

7. expat42451

Blog Posts:
    For anyone interested there is this source of information I discovered from Lucy's kind link to the ncbi study
    http://icrs.co/
    Regards

JuicyLucy likes this.
  8. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  9. expat42451

Blog Posts:
    Carambrda
    Many thanks for the excellent link
    Regards

10. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I use this oil for a sublingual tincture:
    https://www.doterra.com/US/en/p/copaiba-oil

Vaping CBD e-juice starts to work faster, but the downside is that the effectiveness is much more subtle according to most who have tried both vaping CBD e-juice and dropping CBD oil under the tongue... personally I use both of these, but am currently experimenting to find out if dropping copaiba oil under the tongue in cohort with vaping CBD e-juice works better for me when compared to dropping CBD oil under the tongue in cohort with vaping CBD e-juice.

11. expat42451

Blog Posts:
    Thanks very much for this. Interesting.