Linking recipes in profile

Discussion in 'General Requests' started by PreparationHero, Sep 7, 2016.

1. PreparationHero

PreparationHero I drink and I know things VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Is there a way to add recipe thread links in our profile to make it easier for people to find? I'm tempted to start posting them in my own status updates but I don't want it to look all clogged up with numbers.

inspects likes this.
  2. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The Admin said, back in March or April, that we were going to have the ability to have blogs. And then never said another word about it, and we don't have blogs. We keep begging them for info, in the thread about it, and they keep not saying another word about it. I wanted to put my own recipes in a blog post.

Andria

PreparationHero likes this.
  3. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I believe it is still being worked on but as to when it will be done only. @VaporJoe @TygerTyger can say.

in the mean time @PreparationHero what you could do is make a recipe post and add the link in your sig line. wont support that many but it will at least give you a small place for them to be listed

AndriaD and PreparationHero like this.
  4. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I always use the ecigvape calculator, so I could easily put a link to that in my sig. Thx!!!

Andria

5. PreparationHero

PreparationHero I drink and I know things VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I thought about that but I have trouble seeing signatures and I'm not sure if other people have the same problem. Though I'm on mobile and that could be why, which is also why I haven't done it. Too hard to type that much from a phone. I'll do it when I'm home in three weeks. Thanks @lordmage !

6. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Eclipse is coming! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well, as you stated in your first post, you can post the thread link in your profile, if you like. It should show up as a clickable link.

I'm half asleep, so if I missed your point, hopefully I'll notice over coffee, in the morning.

PreparationHero likes this.
  7. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    PH, where ever you post them....Post where you put them.....:wave:

8. PreparationHero

Blog Posts:
    But how many can I fit there? I also have flavor notes I want to post. It seems like it would be a mess. I don't know. I just like compartmentalizing.

9. PreparationHero

Blog Posts:
    I'll put them in my elr account. Its linked as my homepage. I tried putting a recipe in my profile and four lines in and it said I went over the 140 character limit. Which is a problem because you need to be able to explain the recipe and ingredients.

10. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Eclipse is coming! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    We're hoping to find out about the blogs soon. When we've asked, they said they're being tested. Aside from that, as far as I know, you can post however rmany recipes you'd like, but, that 140 character gig might mess ya up, like you mentioned.

The only other thing I can think of, til then, is, post your recipes, as you've been doing, then if there's flavor note involved, maybe link to those in the recipe (to the reviews section)?