Become a Patron!

lipo 30 mm rda

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am looking for a new 30mm rda for my 4s lipo. The 2 i have are the big buddah and the alliance v2 they both work well but i can push higher watts with the big buddah. thanks to its 42 air hole design not to mention the slots at the top. Anyway with the big buddah i can push 500 watts comfortably. With the v2 id say 360 is as high as id go as far as comfort wise. Now i am looking for something like the big buddah with lots of airflow straight to the coils.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
As an owner of 4S PWM and unregulated lipo mods, I can tell you the 30mm MF is not for those devices. You'll melt the PEEK right out of the bitch, these things push out thousands of watts.

The best two I own are the 40mm Mason RDA and the 46.5mm Alliance Fat Boy.

Bigger than 30mm, but if you plan to get the most out of that box only the biggest of the big can handle those builds.

Under 1,200W you can use:

Modfather RDA
Coo TS RDA
Temple RDA
Buddha Z RDA
Glacier RDA
etc.

But for 1,200W+, only two RDA's I've used can cut it.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I can crank my 4S PWM box to about 16.6V or so with a .125 5.4mm dual 11 wrap framed staple build (a fucking massive one at that, the wires are maxing out the post holes) and it just barely keeps up, biggest clouds I've ever seen. EDIT: Corrected resistance, also for reference this is in the 40mm Mason RDA with the quad slot airflow barrel.

Though if you plan to stay under a thousand watts, I recommend three.

Modfather 30mm.
Elite Gen 2 28.5mm
Temple 30mm

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can crank my 4S PWM box to about 16.6V or so with a .125 5.4mm dual 11 wrap framed staple build (a fucking massive one at that, the wires are maxing out the post holes) and it just barely keeps up, biggest clouds I've ever seen. EDIT: Corrected resistance, also for reference this is in the 40mm Mason RDA with the quad slot airflow barrel.

Though if you plan to stay under a thousand watts, I recommend three.

Modfather 30mm.
Elite Gen 2 28.5mm
Temple 30mm
C360_2017-03-23-15-06-56-392.jpgC360_2017-03-19-10-16-50-323.jpg

THE VOLTROVE.......

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Voltrove Left.... Modfather Right.....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Not a tank I'd throw over 800W at, it can handle a lot of wattage but for the true thousand watt, ubercloud chasing shit, you need an RDA with tons of room and tons of airflow. TONS. Like 40mm+ tons. I love my 41mm Voltrove RTA, it's my daily driver, but I wouldn't put it on my 4S PWM at over like 9V.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
the only tank i put on my lipo is the vcmt and i dont run it past 200 watts

The Voltrove 30mm/41mm tanks blow the VCMT out of the water and piss on it, not even a comparison there. The 41mm Voltrove has WAY more airflow, holds 25mls of juice, has a 28mm deck and doesn't leak a ton. The 30mm version has a 19-20mm build deck I believe, still a ton of airflow and holds like 8mls or so, I forget as I haven't used mine since getting the 41mm.

There's also the 40mm Mason Dumptank RTA (has more airflow than the Voltrove, but that's the only thing it beats it on. Flavor, clouds, density, everything else is better on the Voltrove) which holds like 17mls and has a 30mm deck, but I like the Voltrove more.

THAT ALL BEING SAID, I still wouldn't run them over 1,200W.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a tank I'd throw over 800W at, it can handle a lot of wattage but for the true thousand watt, ubercloud chasing shit, you need an RDA with tons of room and tons of airflow. TONS. Like 40mm+ tons. I love my 41mm Voltrove RTA, it's my daily driver, but I wouldn't put it on my 4S PWM at over like 9V.
The Voltrove with dual 5.5mm coils will vape 400 watts easy, I vaped it yesterday all night at 280 watts...... Demonic throat fuck.

C360_2017-03-23-15-06-56-392.jpg

She Vapes good around 100 to 150 watts........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the only tank i put on my lipo is the vcmt and i dont run it past 200 watts
The Voltrove will do 200 watts without feeling it...... It's made for heat with a good build......

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Voltrove 30mm/41mm tanks blow the VCMT out of the water and piss on it, not even a comparison there. The 41mm Voltrove has WAY more airflow, holds 25mls of juice, has a 28mm deck and doesn't leak a ton. The 30mm version has a 19-20mm build deck I believe, still a ton of airflow and holds like 8mls or so, I forget as I haven't used mine since getting the 41mm.

There's also the 40mm Mason Dumptank RTA (has more airflow than the Voltrove, but that's the only thing it beats it on. Flavor, clouds, density, everything else is better on the Voltrove) which holds like 17mls and has a 30mm deck, but I like the Voltrove more.

my vcmt doesnt leak and i can run it higher ive had it up to 450 watts but i prefer the vape at 200 so i can take longer hits

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my vcmt doesnt leak and i can run it higher ive had it up to 450 watts but i prefer the vape at 200 so i can take longer hits
Once in a while a good hot vape is cool....C360_2017-03-23-11-07-19-805.jpg

That's where I had to climb to get that shot.....

09fdd8b0d30d7b4656473936e72e7e45.jpg

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

tbh i love my vcmt to each his own but ill have to try the voltrove

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love this one.... I just found it in a jeans pocket.... It has been missing for (3) weeks.....
C360_2017-03-25-14-15-37-545.jpgC360_2017-03-25-14-12-05-813.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Manny why do you just randomly post off topic pictures of your stuff in any given thread? Lol..

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny why do you just randomly post off topic pictures of your stuff in any given thread? Lol..
There are Manny Rta's that are better than most rda's...... and I have had over 120rda's most of the best..... every rda..... from $85.00 to $300 each and none of these products produced the fogs, and the taste, and vape like The Modfather..... Simple as that... Well the Voltrove does have a juicier richer flavor than the Modfather, but because of the size I leave it at home. So my favorite is The Modfather Rta......

I'm just feeling that rdas are becoming a thing of the past...... and giving information about The Modfather so new vapers and current old vapers try "The Modfather".....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
This is a subjective market, and I own a Modfather 30mm and 41mm, several, and I still often use RDA's because the MF tanks don't work on every device.

Tanks are limited, that's just the way it is. A 30mm dripper has more build space than the 41mm modfather and a 40mm dripper has a ton more build space, not to mention airflow.

They're great tanks, but they certainly aren't for everybody as they're not capable of doing everything perfectly. They start to fall flat once you pass around 500W, and I'm a vaper who hits the thousands quite often and I know I'm not the only one.

RDA's will never die and MOST vapers don't even like 30mm stuff, let alone 41mm stuff. I've used more stuff than you and even I can't say any one device is an end all to other ones.

Most people don't own a device than can even fit a 30mm atomizer without overhang, LET ALONE a 41mm one. A great deal of people I showed the 41mm Voltrove to laughed as if it were a joke because it's SO big most people won't even give it a chance. It's my favorite tank and one of my favorite devices, but it isn't killing RDA's.

I'm getting back to where all I'm vaping is my 3-4S lipo PWM mods, which push out 1-10,000W depending on the battery. I usually stay in the 500-1,200W range, which the Modfather RTA's just can't handle well at all.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
That being said, the Modfather 30mm RDA CAN handle quite a bit of power, the only issue with it is that the insulator isn't the best it could be and past 1,000W it starts to melt, which is precisely why I now own two of them, because one has a half melted insulator that could lead to a short at any time.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a subjective market, and I own a Modfather 30mm and 41mm, several, and I still often use RDA's because the MF tanks don't work on every device.

Tanks are limited, that's just the way it is. A 30mm dripper has more build space than the 41mm modfather and a 40mm dripper has a ton more build space, not to mention airflow.

They're great tanks, but they certainly aren't for everybody as they're not capable of doing everything perfectly. They start to fall flat once you pass around 500W, and I'm a vaper who hits the thousands quite often and I know I'm not the only one.

RDA's will never die and MOST vapers don't even like 30mm stuff, let alone 41mm stuff. I've used more stuff than you and even I can't say any one device is an end all to other ones.

Most people don't own a device than can even fit a 30mm atomizer without overhang, LET ALONE a 41mm one. A great deal of people I showed the 41mm Voltrove to laughed as if it were a joke because it's SO big most people won't even give it a chance. It's my favorite tank and one of my favorite devices, but it isn't killing RDA's.
He was asking me why I post random stuff and mainly about the Modfather and Voltrove which is what I mostly use. ...

It doesn't matter if it fits, or doesn't fit or if you vape a RDA or a tank.... I'm answering a question that was asked to me. ....

So if you decide to Comment in someone's conversation and if it offends you, I really don't care what anybody Vapes, but I know what I vape and I say it like it is which helps many purchase a Modfather and say ... Damb I should of bought one a fuckin long time ago....

So don't take it personally, it wasn't addressed to those who love rda's......

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
He is me Manny, lol.

I wasn't offended, I just wanted to know why you did it so often. These threads are fucking anarchy, there's no room to get offended here.

You and your pictures are pretty much the only thing keeping my 41mm Voltrove thread going. LOL

But still, I know people who still vape on 20mm Igo W V1's and shit and swear by them, saying all this new shit is garbage and that real vaping died in like 2013.

This entire market is built on subjectivity. There's still people out there vaping on those old ass shitty Smok Cartomizer pens, like this older woman who comes into a local shop here. Been buying replacements off the place for years because they stocked thousands years ago and they never sold, so she still buys them.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And as a matter of fact I go to a vape shop that used to have 100+ rda's.....

He now has 10 rda's and 100 RTA's and tanks ... And some rdta's......

So I can see rda's are slowly diminishing and going away from many shops, online stores,, and don't see a large number of new production RDA products in the market anyway ......

People get tired of rda's just like some get tired of tanks. .... I get tired sometimes of using the same Modfather over and over again, so I buy another Modfather......ha

My partner has (5) Modfathers with (5) different flavors..... and I have (3) with different flavors and a Crius and a Aromamizer Supreme and an aromamizer Supreme plus and (3) Boreas and (2) Scottua's..... And I vape them all at the same time while sitting in my office.......

Different strokes for different hoes......

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
RDA's aren't dying, rebuildable vaping is, and RDA's are still the most prolific symbol of rebuildable vaping so obviously it's the first thing to do and be noticed gone.

I'd wager a guess that most (if not all) of the tanks in any local vape shop you can find will be pre-built sub-ohm tanks. Most vapers want convenience, and things that offer that include: prebuilt coil heads, a tank that feeds your wicks for you, top filling, etc.

RDA's obviously can't offer that, but a lot of RTA's can't offer all of those things either. Vaping is going toward high wattage, 3-4 battery regulated mods topped with big ass sub ohm tanks like TFV12's and shit that have coils that can handle 250W+. Rebuilding is dying.

Nobody wants RDA's anymore, most people don't want RTA's/RDTA's anymore, nobody wants tube mods anymore, nobody wants unregulated mods period anymore really, nobody wants bare minimum regulated stuff like PWM mods, Hex Ohm's, OKL's, Raptors, etc, nobody wants low wattage regulated stuff anymore.. it's all dying man.

The mass majority of vapers are cloud bros walking around with RX300's, DNA250's and GX350's, topped with TFV12's and shit, blowing vapor in public venues and shit, unknowingly giving us a bad name. I hate to say it, but the average vaper is pretty dumb. The outliers have mostly migrated to bottom-fed devices or a tried and true setup they've owned for years. This 30mm+ shit along with PWM and unregulated stuff is basically a vaping niche that's barely hanging on.

My boyfriend vapes a 22mm Wotofo Conqueror around 100W, I vape 30-41mm shit at 350W+.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"The mass majority of vapers are cloud bros walking around with RX300's, DNA250's and GX350's, topped with TFV12's and shit, blowing vapor in public venues and shit, unknowingly giving us a bad name. I hate to say it, but the average vaper is pretty dumb."

The mass majority? I think it's the opposite.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
"The mass majority of vapers are cloud bros walking around with RX300's, DNA250's and GX350's, topped with TFV12's and shit, blowing vapor in public venues and shit, unknowingly giving us a bad name. I hate to say it, but the average vaper is pretty dumb."

The mass majority? I think it's the opposite.

The mass majority aren't tootle puffers on Egos anymore, any vape shop you walk into has a bulk of customers like I just described, and this shit wouldn't be flying onto vendor pages every week like clockwork if it weren't selling like mad. 90% of the local vaping population of my state hardly knows anything about it, hell a lot of people around here who do use rebuildable shit get other people to build it for them when they've been vaping for 1-2+ years already. They just never bother to learn because they don't care.

This forum is by no means the majority of vaping or a reflection of it.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RDA's aren't dying, rebuildable vaping is, and RDA's are still the most prolific symbol of rebuildable vaping so obviously it's the first thing to do and be noticed gone.

I'd wager a guess that most (if not all) of the tanks in any local vape shop you can find will be pre-built sub-ohm tanks. Most vapers want convenience, and things that offer that include: prebuilt coil heads, a tank that feeds your wicks for you, top filling, etc.

RDA's obviously can't offer that, but a lot of RTA's can't offer all of those things either. Vaping is going toward high wattage, 3-4 battery regulated mods topped with big ass sub ohm tanks like TFV12's and shit that have coils that can handle 250W+. Rebuilding is dying.

Nobody wants RDA's anymore, most people don't want RTA's/RDTA's anymore, nobody wants tube mods anymore, nobody wants unregulated mods period anymore really, nobody wants bare minimum regulated stuff like PWM mods, Hex Ohm's, OKL's, Raptors, etc, nobody wants low wattage regulated stuff anymore.. it's all dying man.

The mass majority of vapers are cloud bros walking around with RX300's, DNA250's and GX350's, topped with TFV12's and shit, blowing vapor in public venues and shit, unknowingly giving us a bad name. I hate to say it, but the average vaper is pretty dumb. The outliers have mostly migrated to bottom-fed devices or a tried and true setup they've owned for years. This 30mm+ shit along with PWM and unregulated stuff is basically a vaping niche that's barely hanging on.

My boyfriend vapes a 22mm Wotofo Conqueror around 100W, I vape 30-41mm shit at 350W+.
I vaped my Voltrove all day today on 234 watts..... Preeti good flavor....... And

88da5f2f99412083650f7a2dd044810e.jpg

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm getting back to where all I'm vaping is my 3-4S lipo PWM mods, which push out 1-10,000W depending on the battery. I usually stay in the 500-1,200W range, which the Modfather RTA's just can't handle well at all.
when you say thousands of watts how many thousand?? the highest ive gone with my lipo and big buddah was 1500 or so with a .17 build. i also would like to know what ohms you vape these thousands of watts at? since the builder of my lipo says not to go below .2 now i know i could hit around 1400 watts with that build. i am looking into getting a voltrove and a 41mm rda i am all about building i mostly do fused claps and tri core aliens. i usually vape from 450 to 550 but am looking to pushing the envelope a little more but now im scared to build below .2 ohms. i am also all about unregulated mods the only thing i use regulated for is dry burning my coils. Ive even been educating and pushing unregulated mods on my friends and so far 1 has bought one and he loves it maby were just getting started?

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, let me star out by offering sincere apologies for interupting and hijacking this thread but I'm trying to get my head around a mod that can produce as much as 10,000 watts.

According to my calculations, assuming a voltage of 16.8 volts from a fully charged 4S lipo battery, it would take a .028 build with a whopping 595 amps running through it to output 10,000 watts. What am I missing here?

Michael

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, let me star out by offering sincere apologies for interupting and hijacking this thread but I'm trying to get my head around a mod that can produce as much as 10,000 watts.

According to my calculations, assuming a voltage of 16.8 volts from a fully charged 4S lipo battery, it would take a .028 build with a whopping 595 amps running through it to output 10,000 watts. What am I missing here?

Michael
A .04 ohm dual coil will work better.....

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Michael
a .28 build would produce a 1008 watts not 10,000 not including sag which isnt much on a lipo

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
a .28 build would produce a 1008 watts not 10,000 not including sag which isnt much on a lipo

Yeah, you're right about that, but if you go back and re-read you'll see I said .028 ohms... not .28.

A .04 ohm dual coil will work better.....

I hear you Manny, but even at .04 you're still gonna need something like 20V and 500A to get that kind of power. I just just can't wrap my head around that kind of current running through a 4-5 inch piece of 26 or 24 guage wire or even a combination of different wires. Hell, we're talking about large welding machine type of current flow here.

There's obviously a crapload I don't know about how lipo batteries and PWM mods work, and so far, I haven't been able to find any definitve info. I surely would like to know more about it though if someone could point me in the right direction. I've googled lipo batteries and PWM, and didn't find anything that would tell me anything really useful.

Michael

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, I finally found enough info on lipo batteries to get a basic understanding of how these things work... enough to tell me I have NO desire to own and operate a lipo mod! I can't imagine the kind of heat produced in an atomizer with that kind of amp capacity on a sub-ohm build! Wow! I'll just stick to 18650 mods and .2 or higher coils thank you. :)

Michael

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, you're right about that, but if you go back and re-read you'll see I said .028 ohms... not .28.

I hear you Manny, but even at .04 you're still gonna need something like 20V and 500A to get that kind of power. I just just can't wrap my head around that kind of current running through a 4-5 inch piece of 26 or 24 guage wire or even a combination of different wires. Hell, we're talking about large welding machine type of current flow here.

There's obviously a crapload I don't know about how lipo batteries and PWM mods work, and so far, I haven't been able to find any definitve info. I surely would like to know more about it though if someone could point me in the right direction. I've googled lipo batteries and PWM, and didn't find anything that would tell me anything really useful.

Michael
you shouldnt build below .2 on a lipo letalone .028 that would be just crazy

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I finally found enough info on lipo batteries to get a basic understanding of how these things work... enough to tell me I have NO desire to own and operate a lipo mod! I can't imagine the kind of heat produced in an atomizer with that kind of amp capacity on a sub-ohm build! Wow! I'll just stick to 18650 mods and .2 or higher coils thank you. :)

Michael

build high you have control with the pot for example im running my dual juggernauts in my vcmt at only 200 watts

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lipos are made to build high lots of surface area more wraps the better. its not about getting 10,000 watts out of it its all about flavor and cloud production

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
build high you have control with the pot for example im running my dual juggernauts in my vcmt at only 200 watts
Lipos aren't dangerous if installed on a DNA 250.... Charging is done onboard with a telephone charger. .... At under 2.0 amps balanced charge...... Mine doesn't even get hot and the charger last all day....
d3631f5bcdc2ed9be7f0b88d4a4360fb.jpg

VU Sponsors