Liquid Barn Limited Edition Pumpkin Pie??

Discussion in 'DIY Reviews (flavorings / nic base / suppliers)' started by Chased2Deth, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Chased2Deth

Chased2Deth 600 flavors later.... VU Donator Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I just got this flavor in yesterday and haven't tried it yet but the smell test is fairly promising.. The knuckle test isn't so good I got spicy chemicals. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this one or is this new? I hadn't messed with LB much, well since BCV started carrying them.

2. Guitarded

Guitarded VU Donator New Member

Blog Posts:
    I tried this with terrible results. Others have described an aftertaste like "burnt tires" and I have to agree. I thought it had a good flavor under a foul harsh chemical taste. LB's Recommended starting % was 15%. Nasty. I made testers at 4%, 6%, and 10% hoping that the harsh taste would steep out. It didn't. Others I know contacted LB to check if it was a bad batch and I didn't hear anything else about it. Hope this helps.

I like some of their others including white chocolate peppermint and love their vanilla ice cream. But this?

3. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I made it over the Holidays and it was great IMO and that of a friend I made a bottle for along with a Smoker I am trying to convert who tried it in my device. I had wanted it since last year and was finally able to acquire it this year. Made sure to get 60ML's too!

4. Guitarded

Blog Posts:
    Maybe we had a bad batch? 3 on ELR bought it about the same time and all of us had the same experience. Don't know, but it was the worst flavoring I have ever purchased. I was surprised because I really like some of their stuff, especially their creams. Fruits, not so much. YMMV

5. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Can't say but I can pretty much guarantee if you contacted Bobby in customer support it would be addressed. @Liquid Barn

6. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Also it is possible that the taste is from your bases or nicotine and not flavor.

7. Guitarded

Blog Posts:
    The OP asked. I gave my honest opinion and referenced others who had the same experience. If I need to contact someone, I know how.

8. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    But you are saying you got a bad product from Liquid Barn but did not contact customer support?

9. Guitarded

Blog Posts:

10. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Strange I went to ELR and do not see any comments about what you say. Can you provide a link?

11. Guitarded

Blog Posts:
    http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/125952 but there are several others that you would have to search for.

Now. you don't like my opinion and that's your right. And I don't don't like your "but you" reasoning. I came here to get away from people who want to argue and impose their will upon others. This is my last comment on the subject above. If you have a problem with anything I have said, take it to a moderator.

12. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    I have no idea why you are so defensive and the link you supplied takes me to coupon codes.

[​IMG]

13. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Now you can take offense since I think your opinion is a bunch of BS.

14. Guitarded

Blog Posts:
    I hit the ignore function but don't like being portrayed a liar or full of shit. For other people; To view flavor notes on ELR you have to log in. However, reviewer concrete river (reddit) also had a similar opinion, and also quoted the ELR notes:

Concrete river: Off-flavors: " The spice here ends up tasting a bit rubbery like smelling fresh tires. There's something just a bit chemical to it. Seems to fade down a bit with a steep, but it's prominent enough to be noticeable after 3 weeks."

ELR: This flavor has a horrible off note that isn't steeping out. Its like someone threw some grease and burnt tires into it. If it doesn't get any better this is gonna be a one star concentrate for me. 11/13 5 days of curing and both the 8% pumpkin pie (LB) mix and 11% pumpkin pie (LB) mix has done nothing but strengthen the burnt tire taste. Contacted liquid barn and they are supposed to be testing the batch (1719579) i expect them to tell me all is well, which it certainly is not. This is the worst pumpkin/pumpkin pie concentrate I've used."

The above was not posted by me, but I agree with his opinion. LB responded in an ELR thread and by email concerning their flavorings. I don't have anything else to add except that negative reviews can help the DIY community.

15. SteveS45

Blog Posts: