Become a Patron!

Liquid barn nicotine bad?

Carl M.

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it just me? Is it because the atrocious shipping time in the hot summer? My wife ordered the USA nicotine, VG and PG from liquid barn I have no problem with the VG or PG but the nicotine smells and tastes earthy like compost. I don't know whether to order more from them, or any other vendor or just wait until summer ends.

Vendors selling nicotine should really consider shipping with insulated envelopes and cold packs. I know I'd pay a few extra bucks if it meant I'd get usable nicotine.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even shipped in the winter months, I've found NicSelect to taste like cig butts. There's much better nic out there.

Carl M.

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even shipped in the winter months, I've found NicSelect to taste like cig butts. There's much better nic out there.

Cigarette butts and leaves is exactly what I taste lol. Any suggestions on vendors? I think I'm going to order a sample from nude nicotine to start. I just want to get a solid nicotine so I can focus on buying a shit ton of more flavor concentrates.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cigarette butts and leaves is exactly what I taste lol. Any suggestions on vendors? I think I'm going to order a sample from nude nicotine to start. I just want to get a solid nicotine so I can focus on buying a shit ton of more flavor concentrates.
Lol Here's my favorite. Carolina Xtract, Chemnovatic as long as it's not oxidized. Vapers Tek carries it but request to send clear stuff. Totally Wicked Platinum Ice is fantastic too. I also but Nicotine Labs. It's less expensive, but crystal clear every time I order it. Just packs a bigger TH at higher percentages. I've tried Nude nic at the beginning, but noticed flavor muting. That could have changed by then.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i have VT as mentioned its pricy
i found that chemnic is great
it is not crystal clear it does have some aroma
but my juices tatse the same with it as they do with VT's expensive nic.

the owner of chemnic took the time to explain in a thread here that in order for nic t o be clear and stay clear it has to go through a bleaching process
they also offer free shipping on nic and backfill it with aragon and nitrogen to slow down oxidation

ive been using my chemnic liter now for like 2 months with 0 problems and can't honestly tell the difference between it and VT

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ive been using my chemnic liter now for like 2 months with 0 problems and can't honestly tell the difference between it and VT

My experience has been completely different.

When I mix & vape ChemNic @ 18mg, I get strong TH and my mouth is Numb and tingling for around 10 minutes. At 18mg, VT is hardly noticeable with No Numbing, No tingling and No TH. VT TH has a touch more TH than ChemNic, but No Numbing.

I guess it all depends on what a mixer desires. I'm glad ChemNic works for you at your nicotine strength mixing levels. (whatever they might be?) I've been using some of my ChemNic as a garden bug killer.

Ron
---
"When life hands you lemons, make whisky sours."- W. C. Fields

Carl M.

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the insight guys, I definitely want to try VT and Carolina xtract I've read about them both elsewhere and they both seem to be highly recommended.

On a semi related note, Does anyone know where I'd need to go to dispose of unused nicotine? If I can't ship back to liquid barn without spending more money I don't want nicotine that I won't be using in the house. I don't like the idea of flushing it down the drain although I'm sure worse is flushed regularly.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the insight guys, I definitely want to try VT and Carolina xtract I've read about them both elsewhere and they both seem to be highly recommended.

On a semi related note, Does anyone know where I'd need to go to dispose of unused nicotine? If I can't ship back to liquid barn without spending more money I don't want nicotine that I won't be using in the house. I don't like the idea of flushing it down the drain although I'm sure worse is flushed regularly.
Nicotine will dilute in the sewer or septic tank. It's just an alkaloid. It's not like we're dumping agent orange down the drain :D

Carl M.

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured as much. I guess worst case is having a bunch of microorganisms addicted to nicotine lol

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a semi related note, Does anyone know where I'd need to go to dispose of unused nicotine?

Nicotine can be used as a fine bug killer. Google "nicotine bug killer" and many results will provide the "how to's"

http://www.comfycountrycreations.com/bugspray.htm for instance...

The economy shipping option at VT is USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box. Depending where you live...1-3 days usual delivery time...cost $6-12.

Ron
---
"I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing."- Hunter S. Thompson

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never had a problem with LB Nicotine and I think a call to customer support will solve the problem. I have Nicselect and it is not in the fridge but in the cooler basement with no change in almost a year.

Carl M.

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicotine as a bug killer? Never thought of that. You sir have given me a reason to keep it around.

Here's hoping LB will play ball and accept a return without asking my wife and I to pay shipping costs.

Nicotine as a bug killer? Never thought of that. You sir have given me a reason to keep it around.

Here's hoping LB will play ball and accept a return without asking my wife and I to pay shipping costs.
I'd give them a call for sure. They've always been super helpful with me. i also got USA and it very "earthy", as you put it. They offered to send me a NicSelect replacement, and I couldn't be more happier with it. Good luck.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured I'd try liquid barn and I got the nicquid nicotine. Mixed up about 1500ml and tried one of my mixes and it felt like my chest was gonna cave. Smelled the nicotine and it's pepper. Emailed them and I've got to wait a week for them to test it and meanwhile I'm out of nicotine. We will see if they make it right. I don't think I'll ever go through liquid barn again! Rant over.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As far as I know Liquid Barn only sells NicSelect and USA Nicotine and I never heard of Nicquid so I checked the Liquid Barn site and do not see this nicotine you claim to have gotten from Liquid Barn.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I know Liquid Barn only sells NicSelect and USA Nicotine and I never heard of Nicquid so I checked the Liquid Barn site and do not see this nicotine you claim to have gotten from Liquid Barn.
My bad it was Nicselect nicotine. Nicquid is an old company that made nicotine I think. I'm not gonna write something about a company that is wrong on purpose. My Nicselect nicotine is peppery, completely unvapeable.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With all the NicSelect I have ever purchased from Liquid Barn all has been odorless and tasteless.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With all the NicSelect I have ever purchased from Liquid Barn all has been odorless and tasteless.
Maybe I just have bad luck lol. I've heard good reviews from a lot of people about their nicotine which is why I bought it. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because mistakes can happen especially at the volume they sell.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you guys say tastes like pepper, do you mean black pepper, or more like hot peppers?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never had bad Nicotine from Liquid Barn but I did have some e-Liquids from a Vendor that really sucked bad and actually burned my throat when I was vaping it. Talking with their customer service they told me what brand it was but it was so long ago I would have to go back and check messages if I still have them. I would compare it to black pepper to answer your question.

VU Sponsors