Liquid Barn?

Discussion in 'DIY Reviews (flavorings / nic base / suppliers)' started by Manimal3497, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Manimal3497

Manimal3497 Manimalizer Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Anyone heard of Liquid Barn ? They have some decent prices but have never heard of them before. A friend brought them to my attention. I ordered a 30ml sample from them for $2.74 to try them out but thought I would see if anyone here has ever used them and what are your thoughts.

outwest likes this.
  2. Markw4mms

Markw4mms #Team Jimi Supporter Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Never heard of them, but thanks for sharing the link!

3. PacificBlister

PacificBlister Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I actually made my first purchase with them today. I had heard some good things about them but this video from newamsterdamvapes is what convinced me to check them out. Hopefully ill get my kit soon so I can give my impressions.

Markw4mms likes this.
  4. Markw4mms

Markw4mms #Team Jimi Supporter Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Looking forward to hear what you think of it!

5. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    Which kit did you go with ?

6. outwest

outwest VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    On their page for their free nicotine sample, it says the purity is "100.1% - 100.5% *" How can purity exceed 100%? :confused: Their COA says 99.9%, but. . .

7. MC5

MC5 Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Purity inflation?

lirruping and outwest like this.
  8. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    Good catch I hadnt noticed that. I was just hoping that their nic didnt have a peppery taste lol. The price is definitely good. Was glad they offered the sample bottle. Right now I am currently using Heartland Vapes nic which is nice and clean

Mykline and outwest like this.
  9. outwest

Blog Posts:
    laf!

10. outwest

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, gotta love 'em for the free sample. I always hate trying someone new. Been burned before with that sort of thing. I'm using heartland too. It'll be interesting to see how it compares.

11. outwest

Blog Posts:
    Ordered their sample and their little whip mixer (intriguing idea). Total with s/h was under $10. Thanks for posting about 'em, @Manimal3497

OneLief likes this.
  12. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    They ship out the sample pretty quick. I ordered yesterday morning and by afternoon i already had a tracking number

OneLief and outwest like this.
  13. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    I seen that whip mixer in the video Pacific Blister posted. Was intrigued by that also. I have some kitchen gidgets that i never use and I think one of those is in that stash. May have to bust it on and give it a shot :)

outwest likes this.
  14. VelvetA

VelvetA Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Did anyone request a higher nic for the sample or did you just go with the default that comes up for 12mg?

15. outwest

Blog Posts:
    I asked for 100mg PG

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  16. MC5

MC5 Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    100mg, PG for me. This will be interesting!

17. PacificBlister

Blog Posts:
    I got the full starter kit.

18. PacificBlister

Blog Posts:
    I was curious about this as well. I found this online.

"% purity is really a misnomer, it is really % assayed, determined by the amount moles of a standard used to determine the moles of unknown.

sometimes something that is really 98% "pure" , assays out as 98% after the data is punched through. that happens when the 2% "impurity" does not react with the standard.

sometimes something that is 98% "pure" assays out as over 100% because the 2% "impurity" alaso reacts, but reacts with.. more moles of standard to mole of itself, than would the unknown. When the imnpurity reacts this way, let's say with twice the moles of std to1 of its moles than would the unknown have reacted... it acts like it was 4% unknown rather than 2% impurity...

which adds up to 102% "

OneLief, Manimal3497 and outwest like this.
  19. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    I went with 100mg VG

OneLief likes this.
  20. OneLief

OneLief Unique and Ingenious Title VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the free sample as well(100mg PG). I like their website and email responses.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Manimal3497 likes this.
  21. outwest

Blog Posts:
    I got shipping notice on same day as order, so they look promising as a vendor. That being said, a day later USPS has no record of the tracking number. I think, though, that it was packaged/processed after it was too late to get in mail and that they're probably closed on Saturdays. The ship email was received by me at 6:38PM (4:38 their time).

22. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    yeah I got it same day and shipping didn't show til next day

23. outwest

Blog Posts:
    Just realized, today is Friday. *laf* Must be past my bedtime ;) (Got email noticed Thur evening) Well, perhaps USPS didn't scan it in or they simply failed to get it out today (shorthanded because someone called in sick to have the day off for the weekend, it got overlooked when outgoing parcels were gathered, or something else similar). Will give 'em benefit of doubt. I realize sometimes shit happens. I'm surprised I got the ship email so fast because I figure they're swamped with orders for their free sample.

Manimal3497 likes this.
  24. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    From my tracking I can tell you its coming out of California

outwest likes this.
  25. outwest

Blog Posts:
    Good to know, thanks

26. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    Welcome

outwest likes this.
  27. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    Got my liquid barn in today. I can say that it was very well packed. It came in a glass bottle with the shrink band around it. It is crystal clear and smells promising. I havent had time to make any juice this weekend but will try to get something made this week and I will post what i think :)

OneLief likes this.
  28. outwest

Blog Posts:
    Awesome! Great to hear that it's clear, comes well packed, and in glass, to boot! As long as the nic level is true, sounds like they'll make a great source

OneLief likes this.
  29. OneLief

OneLief Unique and Ingenious Title VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I like glass as well but is that the best way to be shipping Nic?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

30. Steamin Demon

Steamin Demon Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Do you think these could be rebottled tfa or fw flavors? Flavorah?
    Just curious to know if there are some actually new flavors out there.

31. Manimal3497

Blog Posts:
    The way they had this boxed they would have literally needed to run the box over to break it. The little 30ml bottle was in a box that could of held quite a few 4oz bottles and was loaded with peanuts and the bottle was in the middle of all the peanuts. Definitely package to prevent breakage

That is a good question.

OneLief likes this.
  32. prairie dogg

prairie dogg New Member

Blog Posts:
    any more thoughts on liquid barn? worth buying or nada? lol

33. prairie dogg

prairie dogg New Member

Blog Posts:
    hoping it is good as ive never done any diy . me and a friend ordered a starter kit. let you know what I think when it gets here to canada...hopefully :-/

34. PacificBlister

Blog Posts:
    I was going to do a full review with pictures. But after I started mixing, I didn't take any more pics. Overall I was super happy with the kit and made some great ADV. I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about starting DIY.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mykline and Manimal3497 like this.
  35. JColt

JColt Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I just ordered 2 of there 10 packs of flavors and 1 pack of 11 new flavors which include 3 enhancer flavors. Sour, sweet and menthol. Have a friend that says single flavors come out nice and some are high vg. I'm hoping to find a dozen or so flavors I really like and use in rotation. 31 flavors so should give me some playtime.

36. Flavor Alchemist

Flavor Alchemist Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The Nic Select they sell is a line of Nic that many E Juice manufacturers use.....They are simply a distributor.....Google NicSelect......Can't speak to their USA Nic.........PG I believe is a PG made by the Dow Corporation.....it is pretty clean in my experience.....Their VG is a Palm based VG, as opposed to a Soy based VG........Some High end juice makers claim that palm based VG is far superior to Soy based VG, so they incorporate it into their Juice lines.......In my experience, it is very smooth.......with a bit more sweetness to it, than say, Essential Depot or Bulk Apothecary VG........If you taste the PG on your finger you will get that semi-bitter flavor that is characteristic of PGs (despite claims that PG is tasteless)......Thing with this taste, however, is that it is not overbearing and is sort of a "focused" singular taste, as compared to lesser quality PGs which in comparison, have that taste, but all over the mouth "tingling" sort of sensation, with a slight harshness......I like the PG from Liquid Barn..........Tasting the Liquid Barn VG, you will notice that characteristic sweetness, BUT, it is a little bit more in sweet taste than the average Soy based VGs out there...........Also, it has more of a uniform, singular taste note to it, much as the Liquid Barn PG..........LBs VG is excellent in dessert vapes........however in standalone fruit mixes, I believe that it imparts a slight "taint of sweetness", which the fruit really picks up........It's not overbearing, but it is definitely present in the flavor of fruits..........I have a couple of Liquid Barn flavors in steep currently........Rainbow Sherbet (has alcohol) and Pacific Cooler...... I think I am gonna like the Pacific Cooler, but am not sure about the Rainbow Sherbet, as I am uncertain of how to deal with flavors with alcohol.....Make sure to check the flavor bases for those Liquid Barn flavorings for PG vs VG percentages prior to mixing or putting them into your recipe program, as they are not all 100% PG based.......As far as Diacetyl, Acetoin, and other chemicals, be sure to research what they do or don't contain ......Hope this helps

Mykline likes this.
  37. BranDun

BranDun New Member

Blog Posts:
    I used Liquid Barn and I couldn't be happier. They have great quality. The nic, vg n pg have no extra flavors or change my recipes at all. And I had gotten a bad batch of nicotine (it happens with anywhere) I sent them an email at like 7pm and by 11am the next morning I got a phone call from them! Who does that now days? Noone lol we resolved it right away and couldn't be happier

38. Flavor Alchemist

Flavor Alchemist Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Are you using any of their flavors?......If so, which ones?.......And at what percentages ?....PG/VG ratios etc.......

39. BranDun

BranDun New Member

Blog Posts:
    I got the vanilla icecream and strawberry from them. Haven't gotten any more yet only because almost all of the recipes online are from the 3 main flavor suppliers and they have Been used more. But the 2 flavors I got were really good. The strawberry wasn't as sweet as cap sweet strawberry and I lIke that. The vanilla ic was really close to the tfa n cap that I ordered also.
    && I've tried a few dif. I like higher vg personally. Usually 70v/30p or 80v/20p but it's really personal preference and if you're dripping or using a tank, if you're sensitive to one or the other, you would want more flavor or want your head in the clouds

40. Raulwynn

Raulwynn New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have spent hundreds of dollars at Liquid Barn and I have saved thousands. They have a amazing products. Most liquid hits my chest and some even make me sick, dry mouthed, etc. Liquid Barn is by far the best I have ever used. When the supplies cost $80 to make a gallon of juice that tastes better and hits cleaner than designer juice, it's a good thing. In fact, I created my account for this website just to encourage anyone who has any questions. The only downside is shipping can be pricey (central standard time) if your order isn't above $50. All-in-all I would rate 11/10. Great customer service too!

If it is any note, I vape on a Mutant X v5 / iJoy Genie PD270 and run straight VG aside what PG is used to create their flavor.

41. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have used Liquid Barn pretty much exclusively since I started DIY and as you can see contrary to what some DIY Gurus have to say on that other forum the prices are good and the Quality is excellent. With Coupon codes and specials they run you can get a lot of DIY supplies in your order. I have used a fair amount of the flavors so feel free to ask for my opinion on any of them but remember Taste is Subjective.

42. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Why haven't you told us about...
    ---
    Liquid Barn - Black Friday - Cyber Monday Sale!

35% off Kits.

Up to 50% off other liquids.
    (see LB homepage for details)
    ---
    :question:

gopher_byrd likes this.