Become a Patron!

liquid droplets in vapor

milspecsim

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have recently been getting droplet inclusions in my vape. I have changed the cotton three times, by the 3 dripping, I get micro droplets of liquid in the vapor. running dual 3/4 24ga coils. Anyone else have this issue with Mutation X V1?

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sounds like you are over-saturating your wick, try less juice and if that isnt the case it may be so hot that its causing some popping. when i get gurgle its usually to much juice. maybe also the position of the coils. try raising them a little further above the juice well

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
sounds like you are over-saturating your wick, try less juice and if that isnt the case it may be so hot that its causing some popping. when i get gurgle its usually to much juice. maybe also the position of the coils. try raising them a little further above the juice well
+1
Most likely, (looking at the coil build) cooking the juice, causing some popping.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some builds pop more than others, could just be the way those particular coils are behaving. Is the juice just condensing on the inside of the atty, or is it shooting across the room? Both i would say are quite normal. I would just take a few minutes and rebuild it if it bothered me. Good advice above though, try hitting it until it's dried out and then see how it behaves with less juice

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, you might want to make a small bit of space between the bottom of your coils and the tail of the wicks. This has helped fix that issue for me on several builds. The coils could be boiling off the juice in the bottom of the wicks and spitting it as you hit.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sounds like over wicking of juice and possibly to high voltage or wattage on the coils. Make sure you have enough cotton going through the center of the coils. Too little or to loose causes hot spots and spitting and burning up the cotton with a burnt taste real quick

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When you take the top off and fire it do you get trails of vapor shooting out from the cloud? If so it's your build/wicking. That's not a lot of wraps in my world. Some really hot coils.

My hobo does this right after I re-drip if I drip too much juice. If the coil is touching standing juice or wet wick on the bottom it tends to spit until it clears that out.

The only time I've got liquid from my MXv1 is when I build a cloudy setup and use a small-ish drip tip. That's a different issue though. Sounds like yours is "spitting". Mine was just slobbering.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I the only one who enjoys spitback? Not too much of it of course, but when I fire, and the coil goes bang and sends hot fizzy juice on my tongue, I love it.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thats what she said

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Am I the only one who enjoys spitback? Not too much of it of course, but when I fire, and the coil goes bang and sends hot fizzy juice on my tongue, I love it.
Thank God there were no typos when you typed fizzy.

And no you're not the only one. There are lots of crazy people in the world. ;)

Last edited:
i mean i don't mind it really sometimes it does bother but generally i'm indifferent to spitback

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

ehh...depends.
If it's hot I don't enjoy it burning my tongue.
Otherwise, sure, depending on the flavor.

VU Sponsors