Become a Patron!

Liquid leaking from air holes

I recently (as in less than 12 hours ago) got a whole new set-up. Eleaf iStick Power box mod with an iSub VE tank. It's my first tank with adjustable air holes, so maybe I'm missing a trick here, but if I lie it down it leaks quite a bit of liquid from the air holes. I know it's best to keep them vertical, but the charging port is on the bottom so that's not possible all of the time. I read somewhere that overfilling it can cause it, and that filling it with the vents closed can stop it. Is there any truth in this?

Also, a slightly lesser problem, it's top filling, and has to be unscrewed to fill. Whenever I open the top the tank unscrews only the slightest amount from the base (where you unscrew to fit the coil) of the tank, and it leaks almost straight away. I take it this is literally just because it's being opened when I open the top?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Although I am not familiar with the device in question check if the coils is properly tightened as that is the most common cause of leaking.

And Welcome @ch3shirecat~! Hope you enjoy your stay................

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
R̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶#̶ ̶1̶ ̶̶̶:̶ ̶̶̶ ̶N̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶C̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶I̶n̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶o̶d̶.̶

I don't use coilhead tanks, but it'd be the same issue as with a Kayfun:
  1. They don't use a Juice Control, so you can never shut it off.
  2. They are Vacuum-Systems: meaning w/o the vacc in the tank, fluid will run right out the intakes.
  3. You have to insure all the seals are good. In my experience this often means "replace the seals from the spares kit before use".
If it is not the seals, then it is definitely the wicks/deck/juice:
  • Juice-too-thin plus too much wick
  • wick-too-thin plus too-much juice
If it only happened during vaping, then I'd presume the airflow was obstructed and the suction was forcing juice thru the wick faster than coil could vaporize, which means it has to flop down and out the airflow.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rule #1: Never charge a cell in the Mod.

Since it is a Built in battery there is no other way to charge it.

Rule #1 do not comment on things you haev no 1st hand experience or knowledge of.

iStick Power (5000mAh)
Product Introduction:
The iStick Power comes with an ultra-large battery capacity of 5000mAh in a compact design, which can last you for a remarkably long time at any power setting.
Not only does it apply the new firmware with Smart mode and custom logo, the iStick Power also has a fashionable looking and comes with many attractive colors for your options.

Although I am not familiar with the device in question check if the coils is properly tightened as that is the most common cause of leaking.

And Welcome @ch3shirecat~! Hope you enjoy your stay................

The coil is a little different with this tank, no threading/screwing, just slot it in the bottom of the tank. Unfortunately I've discovered it's leaking even vertically, as I left it standing up overnight and woke up to juice clinging to the (external) base of the tank. Spoke to the seller who said it sounds like it's just faulty, as none of the "remedies" I've found in forums/youtube have done anything to fix it.

VU Sponsors