Become a Patron!

Liquid with stimulant effects?

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,

I've been vaping for a while now and appreciate all the help that I can get. I'm trying to find a liquid (or add to one) that will make me feel the effects that I typically feel on my ADHD medication.

1. Stimulant
2. Alertness
3. Very good focus

That's all that I can think of now. Thanks for the help!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone,

I've been vaping for a while now and appreciate all the help that I can get. I'm trying to find a liquid (or add to one) that will make me feel the effects that I typically feel on my ADHD medication.

1. Stimulant
2. Alertness
3. Very good focus

Boost your nicotine level. Nicotine is an excellent medication for ADD/ADHD. However it's not "speed" -- it stimulates the brain, not the entire CNS.

Andria

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
Hmm. Is there a way I can stimulate my CNS? I'm using essential oils right now to help with my drowsiness but nothing does it like my medication.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have heard from a couple of people that I know with add that cbd oil helps them. I don’t know first hand though. I’m still researching it and looking for a reputable vendor of a vapeable oil.

Carpe Nidor

Rmh

Member For 1 Year
CBD vape oil would definitely help with this... I keep a cartridge handy all day everywhere I go...

IN MY OPINION, don't try and mess around to save a buck when it comes to CBD I'd buy nothing less than 500mg oils... I'm sure it's a tolerance thing so each will be different, this is best for me...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. Is there a way I can stimulate my CNS? I'm using essential oils right now to help with my drowsiness but nothing does it like my medication.

I've heard that coffee works wonders. ;)

Andria

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Periodically folks will come through with questions like this and then follow up with some terribly adverse effects. The medication thing is nothing to screw around with and high doses of nicotine with some of those medications make you have weird and terrible experiences.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Watching ...closely

tenor-3.gif

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Periodically folks will come through with questions like this and then follow up with some terribly adverse effects. The medication thing is nothing to screw around with and high doses of nicotine with some of those medications make you have weird and terrible experiences.

Agree ...

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You should mix xxxxx into your eliquid. Maybe then you'll be alert and focused enough to run out of your Mom's basement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
This would be something that I personally would discuss with a medical professional before coming to the forums. Actually I would ask my pharmacist before anyone what my viable options are.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm having a hard time time figuring out why suddenly some people want to vape literally EVERYTHING -- when medications to take orally are safe (ish) and effective and have been available for YEARS. We have no farkin clue what most of those meds will do to the lungs if inhaled -- could be a hellacious lot less safe(ish) than just taking the damn pills, because those meds weren't formulated for that route of ingestion.

Vaping is designed for the intake of nicotine in a base of PG/VG and optional flavors -- and of course the semi-legal "other stuff" which is easier for ex-smokers to tolerate when vaped rather than smoked. And that's it. Yeah, I've seen some news items about some meds being developed which can be vaped rather than swallowed, but the science really isn't there yet, and it's foolhardy in the EXTREME to go inhaling a bunch of shit that was designed to be swallowed and digested, not inhaled.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
^^^This is why I talk to my pharmacist before the doctor every single time.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm having a hard time time figuring out why suddenly some people want to vape literally EVERYTHING -- when medications to take orally are safe (ish) and effective and have been available for YEARS. We have no farkin clue what most of those meds will do to the lungs if inhaled -- could be a hellacious lot less safe(ish) than just taking the damn pills, because those meds weren't formulated for that route of ingestion.

Vaping is designed for the intake of nicotine in a base of PG/VG and optional flavors -- and of course the semi-legal "other stuff" which is easier for ex-smokers to tolerate when vaped rather than smoked. And that's it. Yeah, I've seen some news items about some meds being developed which can be vaped rather than swallowed, but the science really isn't there yet, and it's foolhardy in the EXTREME to go inhaling a bunch of shit that was designed to be swallowed and digested, not inhaled.

Andria
And I think also, these folks that want to vape all this different shit just gives more ammo to the FDA to use against our fight to vape.
I am pretty sure they monitor the Vaping Forums and are paying attention to all these people.
It's not helping IMO.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
^^^This is why I talk to my pharmacist before the doctor every single time.

Good point -- docs really don't know much about the meds they prescribe. I recently suffered a lingering sinus infection which required a doc visit to get antibiotics; when I mentioned my suspicion that it was the Advair that I've needed since I started vaping, since I never had these damn sinus infections when I smoked, but now this was the 2nd or 3rd one since I quit and started vaping and huffing Advair daily, the doc was puzzled -- he had no idea that Advair has a risk of causing sinus infections, though IT SAYS IT RIGHT ON THE CIRCULAR IN THE BOX, and in the paperwork that comes along with it.

Yes, I do actually RTFM with pretty much everything. Reading isn't hard, and if you weren't supposed to read it, they wouldn't give it to you.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I can understand asking the question here after talking to a professional before taking a leap. I just personally wouldn't ask before I consulted with a more knowledgeable person about possible unintended effects. If you are on any medication the pharmacist should be your first call.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I think also, these folks that want to vape all this different shit just gives more ammo to the FDA to use against our fight to vape.
I am pretty sure they monitor the Vaping Forums and are paying attention to all these people.
It's not helping IMO.

1000% agreed with that too.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Good point -- docs really don't know much about the meds they prescribe. I recently suffered a lingering sinus infection which required a doc visit to get antibiotics; when I mentioned my suspicion that it was the Advair that I've needed since I started vaping, since I never had these damn sinus infections when I smoked, but now this was the 2nd or 3rd one since I quit and started vaping and huffing Advair daily, the doc was puzzled -- he had no idea that Advair has a risk of causing sinus infections, though IT SAYS IT RIGHT ON THE CIRCULAR IN THE BOX, and in the paperwork that comes along with it.

Yes, I do actually RTFM with pretty much everything. Reading isn't hard, and if you weren't supposed to read it, they wouldn't give it to you.

Andria
I never fill a script before going over it with the pharmacy people. We are so lucky in my town, we have a local pharmacy that stays updated on everything and always are willing to answer questions and educate.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never fill a script before going over it with the pharmacy people. We are so lucky in my town, we have a local pharmacy that stays updated on everything and always are willing to answer questions and educate.

I don't always do that, but if I have ANY questions about it, then definitely I either ask the pharmacist, or I look it up online -- from various sources, because sometimes the different online resources have different things to say. Being an educated, proactive consumer is one of the ways you protect yourself, since as we all know, BP doesn't give a rat's ass if their snake oil helps or hurts or both, as long as they get THEIR MONEY. :facepalm:

Andria

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I don't always do that, but if I have ANY questions about it, then definitely I either ask the pharmacist, or I look it up online -- from various sources, because sometimes the different online resources have different things to say. Being an educated, proactive consumer is one of the ways you protect yourself, since as we all know, BP doesn't give a rat's ass if their snake oil helps or hurts or both, as long as they get THEIR MONEY. :facepalm:

Andria

I dont like taking medications in any form. If someone prescribes me something the first question is always "Why am I going to take this?" followed by "What are the side effects?"

I usually do not even fill the scripts unless there is something I cant live with. Medication is scary as hell.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dont like taking medications in any form. If someone prescribes me something the first question is always "Why am I going to take this?" followed by "What are the side effects?"

I usually do not even fill the scripts unless there is something I cant live with. Medication is scary as hell.

Totally agree -- I didn't use Advair when I smoked, because I didn't feel the need -- though the doc tried and tried to push it on me. I figure it's because of the bronchodilators and topical anesthetics in cigarette tobacco; once I didn't have those anymore, then I really felt my asthma, and then really required the Advair. Which is SLOOOOOOOOOOOLY improving, the longer I stay smoke-free; it's my ambition to one day not need the Advair anymore, if I can ever get to the point where I don't need the vape in order to stay cigarette-craving-free. In the famous words of many comedians... IT COULD HAPPEN! :D

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Same here. Over the years I've only filled maybe 20% of any scripts. This is why I love our pharmacists team. The doctor hands a handful of paper and I just take them next door to get my answers. General practitioners actually don't know much about the drugs they prescribe.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Totally agree -- I didn't use Advair when I smoked, because I didn't feel the need -- though the doc tried and tried to push it on me. I figure it's because of the bronchodilators and topical anesthetics in cigarette tobacco; once I didn't have those anymore, then I really felt my asthma, and then really required the Advair. Which is SLOOOOOOOOOOOLY improving, the longer I stay smoke-free; it's my ambition to one day not need the Advair anymore, if I can ever get to the point where I don't need the vape in order to stay cigarette-craving-free. In the famous words of many comedians... IT COULD HAPPEN! :D

Andria

I know someone with similar circumstances. Let me recall who that was but they did something holistic that sorted them out. May be worth investigating anyway.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Same here. Over the years I've only filled maybe 20% of any scripts. This is why I love our pharmacists team. The doctor hands a handful of paper and I just take them next door to get my answers. General practitioners actually don't know much about the drugs they prescribe.

This overprescribing is why people stay sick, antibiotics for everyone and everything. Everyones immune systems are weak and unable to defend against basic illnesses. Its gross and dangerous.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know someone with similar circumstances. Let me recall who that was but they did something holistic that sorted them out. May be worth investigating anyway.

When I went to the doc recently, he prescribed something called Singulair (along with the antibiotics for the sinus infection). I looked it up, and it's a steroid for asthma, but a different type of steroid than the Advair, so I gave it a try for a few days, trying to use it in place of my morning dose of Advair... but I really don't find it very effective, and taking TWO steroids is not anything I want to do, so I guess it's just a failed experiment.

Best news is that in the past couple months, there are a lot of mornings when I just forget my morning Advair, and don't even think of it till maybe 4-5-6pm... so I just take a hit from my rescue inhaler and wait till my bedtime dose of Advair. This is how I'm able to see the SLOOOOOOOW improvement of my asthma; the bedtime dose works so well that I have no symptoms at all when I wake up, so I just forget the morning dose, and it doesn't become an issue for some 6 hrs... which is only about 6 hrs away from my bedtime dose, so I just skip a dose. :)

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
True. I've only taken antibiotics 4 times in my life so they tend to work well for me. My pediatrician only prescribed penicillin for my yearly strep, I feel blessed in that sense. Shit tasted horrible though.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont like taking medications in any form. If someone prescribes me something the first question is always "Why am I going to take this?" followed by "What are the side effects?".

And what happens if I don't?

Unless it's life or debilitating disability, I don't go near it.

As has been said, drugs are the answer to just about everything today. I am NO conspiracy theorist, but I know doctors personally who have told me of the kickbacks they get from the drug companies for prescribing theirs meds. There is a definite financial incentive to seeing that as many pills as possible are taken by as many people as possible.

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
And what happens if I don't?

Unless it's life or debilitating disability, I don't go near it.

As has been said, drugs are the answer to just about everything today. I am NO conspiracy theorist, but I know doctors personally who have told me of the kickbacks they get from the drug companies for prescribing theirs meds. Their is a definite financial incentive to seeing that as many pills as possible are taken by as many people as possible.

I am going to make that my 3rd question. All of my Dr's hate me anyways. Whats 1 more question.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
8 years ago, I was on 22 prescription meds, after a serious hospitalization. After about 6 months broke that down to three. Now I’m down to 1 pill that is absolutely essential; and, occasionally a second to help manage a colony of staphylococcus that jumped on board during the hospitalization.

As per taking pep up pills, to each there own. But by all means, research what you’re taking and speak with a pharmacist first. Most of all, try not to do something that will make our entire community look like idiots.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If anyone wants a natural vitamin that puts a little pep in your step. Vitamin Code makes a raw vitamin that is awesome. It is the only thing I take with any regularity.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If anyone wants a natural vitamin that puts a little pep in your step. Vitamin Code makes a raw vitamin that is awesome. It is the only thing I take with any regularity.

B Complex is also great for better energy, if you take it at night before bed -- also helps with mouth sores, if you happen to chomp down on your tongue or lip, or get cold sores.

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone,

1. Stimulant
2. Alertness
3. Very good focus

You are not going to find one. However, on a holistic note start researching Mucuna Pruriens and adhd/add.

VapinVegas01

Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone,

1. Stimulant
2. Alertness
3. Very good focus

Nic River sells a caffeine additive by Flavor West called eCaffeine. I have never tried it, so can’t speak to its efficacy.

3767c2e8e8f9405d7c4be1e22d4450ee.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
We are reviewing it ...Said we were watching this closely

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We are reviewing it ...Said we were watching this closely
It's an old SNL skit. Not that I'm an SNL fan, but if it passed S&P and the FCC sniff test for OTA broadcast it should have no problem flying here.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it’s approved when mod team and I review it we’ll release it, if not it’ll be removed
It's a 2 minute vid that aired on TV, but the mod team AND you need to review it? Gonna put it to committee and vote on it? Lol

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
IMO SNL should have never approved that skit anyway.
Sure, most of us are old enough to know better and it may have been funny to some of us, but many youngsters watch SNL also.
I'm sure some of them would try and figure how to make it work

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
I didn't realize that I was in any real danger here. I guess I'm the idiot for starting the thread though. I knew the subject would require some tip-toeing. I'm out guys, sorry I did this.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's a 2 minute vid that aired on TV, but the mod team AND you need to review it? Gonna put it to committee and vote on it? Lol
I get where you are coming from. I posted a photo here a few months ago from a link on Yahoo News.
It wasn't approved here because of nudity. I thought the same because it was on Yahoo. But it wasn't.
But, they have rules here and we have to adhere to them.

VU Sponsors