Become a Patron!

Little help with this

SalliV

Member For 1 Year
Howdy new but not new, so I've got one coil to glow nice but my other coil in my duel doesn't seam to go above a slight glow any clues.
Setup:
Geekvape blade
Baby beast brother
SS 316 Clapton 5 wraps 2.5mm inner 30g
Dry burning at 40watts
Vapes at 80
0.15 ohms
Any help would be grand

Salliv

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Salli few questions

Are the coils out of a pack?

Are the coils screwed in tight? (Initial heating can cause them to come lose)

Assume that both coils have the same number of wraps and same specs?

Are they positioned evenly (front in and top down)?

Did you cut the legs to the same length on both coils?

Have you tried strumming the coil with ceramic tweezers (could be a hidden hot spot)?

If you’ve gone through this lot try pulling the one that’s glowing first out slightly further and space the coil a little ...there might be a tiny difference between the two and you need to balance it out so current wants to flow through both

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi Salli few questions

Have you tried strumming the coil with ceramic tweezers (could be a hidden hot spot)?

If you’ve gone through this lot try pulling the one that’s glowing first out slightly further and space the coil a little ...there might be a tiny difference between the two and you need to balance it out so current wants to flow through both

Can confirm. KP got ya covered. If all the above fails, make a new coil and try that. Could be a flaw in the wire.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Did that make you feel important?
Maybe you should consider not all users here have English as a first language and persons with hearing impairments also commonly mix up synonyms. This is a vaping group, not a spelling bee.

This shud drive ewe baty. Wen sumone cums hear axing a qustin, it iznt a spelling questin az a rul.

SalliV

Member For 1 Year
Hi Salli few questions

Cheers for the list I'll give them a go and get back to you , and self made coils but pre made Clapton wire .

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
another thing with claptons, especially pre-made ones, is to try to unwrap the higher gauge wire off the parts of the legs that fasten into the posts so that just the bare core wire is screwed in.

good luck and welcome to the forums :cheers:

SalliV

Member For 1 Year
another thing with claptons, especially pre-made ones, is to try to unwrap the higher gauge wire off the parts of the legs that fasten into the posts so that just the bare core wire is screwed in.

good luck and welcome to the forums :cheers:
Yes ended up doing this and I noticed the one that wasn't getting hot was warped a bit so I pulled him out tightened it up and stripped the outer wire and cheers for all the help guys

VU Sponsors