Become a Patron!

Long puffs ?

Hi all, i have a question.

Got a hpriv+tvf4+q4coil running at 70w. I have to change coils every 4-7 days using 5ml (65vg/35pg) daily for bad taste and "cotton". I used to have nice big 4-5s lung hit with closed top and fully open bottom airflow. I do chain vape but with 15-30s pause for letting juice hit "cotton".
Using original Smok q4 coils.

What am i doing wrong? Or bad type of atomizer for long lung puffs ?

Thanks

Odoslané z LG-H955 pomocou Tapatalku

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I never got one of those tanks because I feared a coil going bad causing me to chuck out 3 good ones
do they make single coil heads for that tank?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, i have a question.

Got a hpriv+tvf4+q4coil running at 70w. I have to change coils every 4-7 days using 5ml (65vg/35pg) daily for bad taste and "cotton". I used to have nice big 4-5s lung hit with closed top and fully open bottom airflow. I do chain vape but with 15-30s pause for letting juice hit "cotton".
Using original Smok q4 coils.

What am i doing wrong? Or bad type of atomizer for long lung puffs ?

Thanks

Odoslané z LG-H955 pomocou Tapatalku

That doesn't seem excessive to me, I generally re-coil every week or so, because I have to dry-burn a lot, to get rid of gunk. But "long" puffs are generally for MtL, low-wattage/high-ohm. I often take 5-6 second draws, but I run at 10w, with a coil generally sompleace between 1.75-2 ohms. I don't get dry hits, because at such low wattage, it doesn't get hot enough to burn it, as long as there's plenty of juice -- and I can taste when I need to refill, it tastes a little metallic when the bottom of the well gets dry. Lower resistance and higher wattage both mean more heat, which means you'd better not take too long a puff, or you're gonna burn wick. Or else you need truly MASSIVE airflow. But any good vape is a fine balance between power (wattage), resistance, airflow, and juice flow to the wick -- get the balance just right, and it's great; if any one aspect of that is not just right, then not so great.

Andria

VU Sponsors