Become a Patron!

Long time smoker, newbie vaper

imenkko

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi folks!

First of all, i want to apologize if i am writting in wrong section. Admins, sorry :)

After smoking for quite some time, I have been vaping for few months (using a small pencil shaped e-cig, competely beginner stuff) and i want to step up and get a more serious device.

But, except filling it with liquid i dont know anything about this stuff :D So, ohms, voltage, coils... i dont know anything about that stuff :D

So, if you get a minute of free time, could you suggest something for me that is:

1)Easy to use out of the box (i dont plan on modifying anything). If i need to replace some part, i will rather buy it then repair it myself.
2)Holds at least 3ml of liquid
3)Doesnt leak and isnt too big
4)Fairly easy to clean so i can change liquids (without having to feel old liquid taste after the change)
5)Costs up to 100$

That is about it, thank you for any help you can give me!

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanger Nebox. 10ml. All-in-one. Easy to change coils. I've been vaping a while and just got one and I absolutely love it.

It does need 1 18650 battery but once you put one in you can charge it via the micro USB port like a phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kbox mini kit is what I moved up to. Decent factory coils and an RBA deck when you decide to move up to it.
You need no more than 50-80 watts max for a while and you can move up with attys and keep the same mod with the Kbox minikit.
I recommend a Samsung 30Q or LG HG2 battery.

I still use my Kbox mini mods and Subtank mini mods daily after 2 years of vaping.
My origional Kbox mini mod is still working fine a few paint chips but otherwise fine.
Still no leaks.

The Istick Basic is also a fine little compact first step from the pens.

Last edited:

imenkko

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kanger Nebox. 10ml. All-in-one. Easy to change coils. I've been vaping a while and just got one and I absolutely love it.

It does need 1 18650 battery but once you put one in you can charge it via the micro USB port like a phone.

Thanks a bunch!
This seems like a sweet device, but i saw that it may leak (9:10 on a video)

(
)

Did you had any problems with it?

imenkko

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Kbox mini kit is what I moved up to. Decent factory coils and an RBA deck when you decide to move up to it.
You need no more than 50-80 watts max for a while and you can move up with attys and keep the same mod with the Kbox minikit.
I recommend a Samsung 30Q or LG HG2 battery.

I still use my Kbox mini mods and Subtank mini mods daily after 2 years of vaping.
My origional Kbox mini mod is still working fine a few paint chips but otherwise fine.
Still no leaks.

The Istick Basic is also a fine little compact first step from the pens.

From those 3, which one would you recommend? Ease of use and potential leaking are my biggest selling points :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would recommend a Kbox mini kit. Not a toptank mini kit as they are a bit prone to leak a bit after filling.
In nearly 2 years of use I have had only 2 leaking incidents. One was my poor wicking the the RBA deck and the other was a lost oring on the bottom of an RBA deck. You can adjust the tank for a loose MTL vape or a restricted lung hit. And the flavor is good.
I do recommend moving to the RBA deck as soon as you are comfortable.
Saves lots of money and a bit better flavor.

Just as a point of interest many topfill tanks are prone to a bit of gurgling or dripping after filling.

imenkko

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would recommend a Kbox mini kit. Not a toptank mini kit as they are a bit prone to leak a bit after filling.
In nearly 2 years of use I have had only 2 leaking incidents. One was my poor wicking the the RBA deck and the other was a lost oring on the bottom of an RBA deck. You can adjust the tank for a loose MTL vape or a restricted lung hit. And the flavor is good.
I do recommend moving to the RBA deck as soon as you are comfortable.
Saves lots of money and a bit better flavor.
Just so i am sure, we are talking about this one http://cdn3.volusion.com/nxfcq.xbpyj/v/vspfiles/photos/kanger-subbox-2.jpg?1449077999 ?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is one. I prefer the SS tanks though as all painted tanks will flake off a bit. SS is not as cool looking but looks good forever.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the Subox mini kit, works good.
Unlike Cromwell's though, mine developed a leak down thru the coil and out the airflow holes.
I managed to stop the leak completely for months by (a tip from the net) shoving a small wad of cotton down the center of the coil and into the bottom 'well'. Not sure exactly what happened after I ran it mostly dry once.. it's leaked again ever since.. maybe a small bit of the cotton burned off ? I'll get to playing with it again, but for now Ive been using my Emow (better taste than the subtank mini, but it only holds 1.5mL or so , and it goes real quick).

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Subox mini kit, works good.
Unlike Cromwell's though, mine developed a leak down thru the coil and out the airflow holes.
I managed to stop the leak completely for months by (a tip from the net) shoving a small wad of cotton down the center of the coil and into the bottom 'well'. Not sure exactly what happened after I ran it mostly dry once.. it's leaked again ever since.. maybe a small bit of the cotton burned off ? I'll get to playing with it again, but for now Ive been using my Emow (better taste than the subtank mini, but it only holds 1.5mL or so , and it goes real quick).
yep you might get a dribble with the factory coils although I never did. But only used about 4 coils before starting to use the rba deck exclusively. Always make sure the oring is on the bottom of the coil.

Aside from the 2 leaks I mentioned nary a leak from pocket carry levaing in vehicle carrying in bag, etc.
I now have a lifetime supply of the Subtank mini's and spare parts.

You might also consider the Istick Basic I mentioned. Very nice little GS Air 2 tank and the .75 coils are nice and last quite a while. used them for a few months and do not recall a leak. Very compact 2200 mah built in battery.
And be palm stealth vaped very nicely. I have a couple of them, I think Ecig.com is where I got mine.
Sweet-vapes usually has the tanks to fit and the coils.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a bunch!

(
)

Nope. Not one and I've taken this thing with me everywhere. It's a great mod for driving because I don't have to stop and fill it ...ever.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

LOL- I love mine too! I love the NeBox so much that I bought 2 more! Can't believe how great that NeBox vapes, I have many mods- but that NeBox goes everywhere with me. Also I have never had any leaking with mine!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks a bunch!

(
)

I have a NeBox and mine has never leaked!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
yep you might get a dribble with the factory coils although I never did. But only used about 4 coils before starting to use the rba deck exclusively. Always make sure the oring is on the bottom of the coil.

Aside from the 2 leaks I mentioned nary a leak from pocket carry levaing in vehicle carrying in bag, etc.
I now have a lifetime supply of the Subtank mini's and spare parts.

You might also consider the Istick Basic I mentioned. Very nice little GS Air 2 tank and the .75 coils are nice and last quite a while. used them for a few months and do not recall a leak. Very compact 2200 mah built in battery.
And be palm stealth vaped very nicely. I have a couple of them, I think Ecig.com is where I got mine.
Sweet-vapes usually has the tanks to fit and the coils.

I have the ELeaf Istick Basics and they are great small stealthy easy to use, love mine! I got mine from ECig.com too back last January and still running strong!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the ELeaf Istick Basics and they are great small stealthy easy to use, love mine! I got mine from ECig.com too back last January and still running strong!
I keep some hight nic mostly PG unflavored juice in one for stealth vaping when I am in a place and know I will need to stealth vape in the bathroom or stairwell or hospital room.

Geekay Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am slowly starting to lose you guys, but so far, i narrowed it to Istick Basic, Joyetech eGo ONE MEGA and Joyetech AIO. Thank you for all your help!

Your $100 budget is good enough to try at least two of those. Keep it simple till you get off ciggies, all the tech stuff doesn't matter if you don't enjoy your vape. Focus more on your ejuice, try a few flavors..

imenkko

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your $100 budget is good enough to try at least two of those. Keep it simple till you get off ciggies, all the tech stuff doesn't matter if you don't enjoy your vape. Focus more on your ejuice, try a few flavors..

Yep, that is one other part that i was worrying about. At the moment i have a pen shaped e-cig and first time i wanted to change liguids, i messed it up so bad that i almost puked (first i had some wild fruits combo after which i cleaned atomizer a little and added some tobbaco flavour. big mistake!).

After that i saw that it is good thing to dry burn coil (if that is the right name for that part lol) and it helped... a little, but i could still feel the other liquid/juice.
Biggest problem with this device that i have now is that it doesnt produce enough vape (and since i am a smoker who is used to go thru pack and a half each day) and it is weak so i dont get good enough "hit"

Geekay Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your pen-shaped device, what is it?

Most probably no way to control your wattage, so you got to depend on the device to give enough power to the coils. Don't worry about the size of the cloud at this point, its enough that you enjoy your liquid and satisfy your nicotine craving.

Do you already understand what the PG and VG of your juice is, and what it means?

Stock coils are a bit tricky to clean, you can but... I think using one coil for one juice is better than mixing your juice into the same coil. It hard to mix fruity flavors with harder flavors like tobacco, you almost never get what you expect. Use one coil for all fruity flavors, and the other for your tobacco flavor, and another for those dessert / bakery flavors.

imenkko

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I doubt that you have this one in USA, it isnt some well known brand (most likely it was built in China for a local vape company), it looks like this:http://apotekaonline.rs/image/cache/data/NOVE SLIKE/prestige 1-500x500.jpg

Regarding coils, yea, that makes sense.For this one that i use at the moment, at the end i got 2 atomizers and 2 coils, one for each flavour that i am using. But since i am not liking them too much, i will see can i come up with some other liquid. It would be shame to go back on cigs because of juice taste...

VU Sponsors