Become a Patron!

Long-time vapers - do you have any habits left from your smoking days?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I vape box mods, there's no confusion: I'm vaping and I use vaping gestures.

But when I use tube mods, I often find myself holding them exatly like I used to hold cigars - and sometimes rubbing the button softly against an empty ashtray exactly as I used to do to detach an overly long cylinder of ash from a cigar.

It's my hands doing this. It makes no sense, but it's automatic. Sometimes it worries me that I might just start smoking again just because my hands want to! Do your hands play tricks on you too?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I vape box mods, there's no confusion: I'm vaping and I use vaping gestures.

But when I use tube mods, I often find myself holding them exatly like I used to hold cigars - and sometimes rubbing the button softly against an empty ashtray exactly as I used to do to detach an overly long cylinder of ash from a cigar.

It's my hands doing this. It makes no sense, but it's automatic. Sometimes it worries me that I might just start smoking again just because my hands want to! Do your hands play tricks on you too?

Not anymore, my hands... but one of the biggest reasons I had to upgrade from an eRoll, way back when I first started vaping in 2014, was because, in the truck, I kept reaching for the lighter, and once came really close to trying to light the eRoll as if it was an actual cigarette. :giggle: So I upgraded to a pen-style, and took the lighter out of the truck! And I used to sometimes start looking around for that absolute necessity of smoking: an ashtray. :D

Now, I really don't have any of those mannerisms, but the way that I vape is just like the way that I smoked: tight draw, very little airflow, MtL, and not inhaling very deeply -- my asthma forced me to learn shallower inhales many years ago, and that turned out to be just right for vaping, to get maximum nic absorption. And I'll never go to "direct lung" inhales, for a couple of good reasons: 1) my asthma won't tolerate it; 2) my "habit" doesn't want it, and wouldn't be satisfied with it -- that feeling of suction, like drinking a milkshake thru a straw, is one of the things I always craved, when I tried the patch; and c) DtL inhales would mean more airflow, and higher wattage, which would mean more ejuice consumed, which my asthma would also not like, nor would my budget -- I'm a total tightwad, and keeping my ejuice consumption at about 5ml per day suits both my asthma and my stingy ways.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I chain smoked but now I chain vape............... Only when I chain vape it is even more continuous.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not anymore, but when I first started vaping using a pen style battery I found myself occasionally thumping it a few times to knock an ash off of it like it was a cigarette.:teehee:

CandyCloudz

Member For 4 Years
Yeah I chain smoked but now I chain vape............... Only when I chain vape it is even more continuous.
I chain vape too. Can't seem to shake it. It's the hand to mouth. Op. One thing I noticed for myself is vaping DL wife bore tips and lots of air flow has increased my lung capacity and helped my asthma. I breath much better. Neat how this effects us all differently.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other than hacking my lungs out every morning, not really.

VU Sponsors