Become a Patron!

Lookin at the Istick tc40w.. but what tank?

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been looking at a great deal of information and I seem to be bogging down a bit...

I'm wanting to order the Istick 40 with temp. Controls... I know the I'm going to need special coils and coils that can take the 40 Watt load... however that's about all I know.. I currently have a nautilus mini and I understand that it won't work but I'm not sure which one to go for... I noticed eleaf suggests a GS tank atomizer but it's not yet available for sale,or I can't find it.... any help is much appreciated thanks!

DaBuddhaVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can still adjust wattage so you don't have to be vaping at 40w, so you can still use your nautilus mini. If you want to use the temp control feature than you would have to buy ni200 coils for which ever tank you decide to buy.

Eleaf only suggests the GS tank because it's their own branded atomizer. lol.

I'm sure you can find a lot of tank recommendations in the Sub-Tanks / Clearomizers / Glassomizers section of the forum. Also I'm sure a lot of friendly VU members will reply back to you on this thread.

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured that about the GS tank I just know very little about any other brands to be able to pair them up good I'll get to checking out the sub tanks section thanks for your response!

DaBuddhaVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm a pretty new vaper also, so I've only actually tried one tank which is the Kanger Subtank Nano so I can't really give out recommendations. I've sold Atlantis V2's and Delta 2's, but never actually tried them.

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also looked at the Gs air atomizer... my only hesitation was that it is only rated for 20 watts...

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I currently have a nautilus mini and I understand that it won't work but I'm not sure which one to go for... I noticed eleaf suggests a GS tank atomizer but it's not yet available for sale,or I can't find it.... any help is much appreciated thanks!
The Nautilus mini will work with the correct coils...
http://www.worldofvape.com/vapeonly-vair-temperature-control-nautilus-coils-pack-of-5/

To take full advantage of the available wattage of the mod you might want to update the tank but it can and will work.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Nautilus mini will work with the correct coils...
http://www.worldofvape.com/vapeonly-vair-temperature-control-nautilus-coils-pack-of-5/

To take full advantage of the available wattage of the mod you might want to update the tank but it can and will work.
I just left a review up on VapeNW about these. the review is still up for moderation and I'm not sure they will post it. I'll share with you my experience with
VapeOnly vAir-T Ni200 Nautilus Coils . The coil is made from two pieces that are pressed together and not that well at that. As soon as I tried to install the first one it came apart in the middle where it is pressed together. I was not forcing it at all just the normal tightness it takes to seal the tank to the base. Well anyway it was a PITA to get the top half of the coil un stuck from the upper hardware and I ruined the threads a little in the process<it's only made of brass> I would just get an eleaf iJust2 tank and the eleaf ni200 coils. no extra charge for the shameless product advertisement lol.

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@georgemeadal ironically the ijust 2 with the .15 ohm ni coils is what i ordered with it... I'm also looking at possibly ordering the kanger subtank mini but still not sure...

You can still adjust wattage so you don't have to be vaping at 40w, so you can still use your nautilus mini. If you want to use the temp control feature than you would have to buy ni200 coils for which ever tank you decide to buy.

Eleaf only suggests the GS tank because it's their own branded atomizer. lol.

I'm sure you can find a lot of tank recommendations in the Sub-Tanks / Clearomizers / Glassomizers section of the forum. Also I'm sure a lot of friendly VU members will reply back to you on this thread.

I use a 20W eleaf istick with a nautalis mini and it vapes great. So I decided to get a back up battery for when my 20W needed charging and bought the TC40W. I noticed right away that for some reason the 20W istick vapes way better with the nautalis mini than the TC40W. Not sure why, but maybe someone on here can explain. The only differences I notice are as follows.....On My 20W my setting is 3.7V which shows 6.8W. When I set the TC40W to 6.8W, it only shows 3.56V. There is no voltage control for the TC40W only wattage. So if I want 3.7V on the TC40W, I have to adjust the watts up to 7.4W which gives me3.72V. This still results in less vapor production than the 20W. Can anyone comment on why?

vapeog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I say the the sense tank I don't remember exactly how to spell it but I think it is the herakelis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DaBuddhaVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a 20W eleaf istick with a nautalis mini and it vapes great. So I decided to get a back up battery for when my 20W needed charging and bought the TC40W. I noticed right away that for some reason the 20W istick vapes way better with the nautalis mini than the TC40W. Not sure why, but maybe someone on here can explain. The only differences I notice are as follows.....On My 20W my setting is 3.7V which shows 6.8W. When I set the TC40W to 6.8W, it only shows 3.56V. There is no voltage control for the TC40W only wattage. So if I want 3.7V on the TC40W, I have to adjust the watts up to 7.4W which gives me3.72V. This still results in less vapor production than the 20W. Can anyone comment on why?
Resistance reads the same? Just probably the mod's chip calculations since it is a temp control mod. Subohm yet?

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've been looking at a great deal of information and I seem to be bogging down a bit...

I'm wanting to order the Istick 40 with temp. Controls... I know the I'm going to need special coils and coils that can take the 40 Watt load... however that's about all I know.. I currently have a nautilus mini and I understand that it won't work but I'm not sure which one to go for... I noticed eleaf suggests a GS tank atomizer but it's not yet available for sale,or I can't find it.... any help is much appreciated thanks!

I know this is going to sound weird, and you'll probably think of me as a newb but, I have an Eleaf 40w TC and have tried a Subtank, Lemo 2 Veritas, orchard and Kayfun, I also tried with nickel and kanthal builds and subohm coils and nickel coils from Kanger and my favorite setup for vapor and flavor with little muss and fuss is ,,,,,,,,,now wait for this,,,,,,,,,,,A Kanger MOW with kanger .8 ohm coils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I even let a hard core dripper try it and he was amazed at the production of both clouds and flavor. I know it sounds contrary to all I've learned. BTW it runs best at about 15 watts. Go Figure.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I say the the sense tank I don't remember exactly how to spell it but I think it is the herakelis

I believe it's Herakles. I have a couple which are working great with the iStick 40W. The experience isn't as satisfying as, say, and iPV4 but it's certainly adequate and a great size for on-the-go. Plus, those Herakles tanks do not leak. 'Makes the combo extra pocket-friendly.

vapeog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

vapeog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year