Become a Patron!

Looking for a good parallel battery build.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
So I've had my Noisy Cricket 2 for a bit now and I just can't find a build I like for parallel. I've found my preferred series vape is between .45-.5ohms with 3 cores. I've built a number of different coils between .09 and .12 but nothing seems to work quite right for me in parallel. Any suggestions?!?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Raise your resistance

I think 0.1 ohms is hot

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Raise your resistance

I think 0.1 ohms is hot
And see that seems to be the problem. I've made some 30g Ni80 @~.1 and it feels like it takes forever to ramp and never even seems gets to be warm. Like I'm not getting anywhere near 4.2v. If I put the same build on a regulated mod and push 4v through it ... well it ramps way faster and is a much warmer vape.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got .13 fraliens from Meg on a recoil on one of mine. The other is like .2 in an aromamizer supreme. The fralien is n80 and ramps almost instantly

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
a88f854247743cba37e6efe53e573d21.jpg

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I've got .13 fraliens from Meg on a recoil on one of mine. The other is like .2 in an aromamizer supreme. The fralien is n80 and ramps almost instantly

a88f854247743cba37e6efe53e573d21.jpg
Yah I'm wondering if something's up with the mod. It works flawless in series. Well "mech" series ... I don't use it in regulated cause well I've got plenty of regs. But when I flip that plate to parallel (and put a relevent build on it), it's like it has some HUGE vloss or something.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is weird. I actually got this on from a guy at work. Juice all over it. Button stuck. I soaked in isopropyl alcohol for a day and loosened and cleaned the button up well. Maybe you could try that. Other than that I'm not sure. I was gonna use this one in series as a beater but don't have an rda big enough for that many wraps. I've got a 5mm id coil from Meg I'm trying to figure out what to put it in. Maybe the coral2 on the Pico 2. Plenty of space on that one. A big coil

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
That is weird. I actually got this on from a guy at work. Juice all over it. Button stuck. I soaked in isopropyl alcohol for a day and loosened and cleaned the button up well. Maybe you could try that. Other than that I'm not sure. I was gonna use this one in series as a beater but don't have an rda big enough for that many wraps. I've got a 5mm id coil from Meg I'm trying to figure out what to put it in. Maybe the coral2 on the Pico 2. Plenty of space on that one. A big coil

Higher gauge cores. I have a 3 core twisted variant, 30g at .49 ohms, in my rune and it barely hangs over the extremely slim air-holes. And is a beautiful vape! The rune is a 24mm rda. Im pretty sure This would easily fit in a 22mm. Hell it almost fits in my velocity style rta.

IMG_20180918_111615_0.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yyyaaaahhhh ... you woulnd't want to put that on a series mod LOL! She does make some pretty coils though don't she?
Oh yeah she definitely does. All my specialty coils I have except a few are from her. I got some from Vaperoxx also. Aliens and anither one with a bump in the middle. Can't remember what it's called. But I love the quality of their coils.

It's a bigun' lol
e53b65caaba56a20bdc0ccb39a91fb9b.jpg
4ee8889290f4dff9eb97baf8b2c6cc44.jpg

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well I did as @Pegleg Meg suggested and brought the ohms up. A big fat .17 single coil is doing well. Doesn't make logical sense to me ... but hey I can't argue with the results :D

VU Sponsors