looking for a good vanilla custard recipe

joey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
hey whats going on guys? ive been on a major vanilla custard kick and i would like to know if anyone has a recipe for a premium type vanilla custard? im about to do some flavor buying and i would like to know if anyone has some good recipes/ tips to get that good premium higher vg taste with a good body to it.. thanks for any feedback

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I been using capellas vanilla custard and essential depot pg/ VG. It's gotten many compliments

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vanilla Custard

9% vanilla custard (CAP)
2% smooth (TFA)
2% bavarian cream (TFA)
1.5% graham cracker (TFA)
1% catalan cream (FA)
1% butter (CAP)
1% eggnog (LA)

Sweet, full bodied custard. This needs to steep at least a week before it is at its best. The CAP vanilla custard tastes a little of alcohol to me before that time, but it mellows down quite nicely. I compare this to Moon Mountain Vapor's Cosmo's Custard, if you like that.

Navymr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Navymr's ADV Vanilla custard
10% Capellas Vanilla Custard
4% TFA Vanilla Custard
5% TFA Dulce De Leche
6% TFA French vanilla Deluxe
Nude Nicotine brand Nicotine

I smoke this in a dripper all day long. Goes great with my morning coffee. Could prob cut the recipe in half if you want a long steep time. I tend to smoke it up faster than it can steep.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Grants vanilla custard clone
15% capella vanilla custard
2% TFA Dulce de leche
Simple, easy and very nice.
If someone tells it's not close to GVC it's because they haven't vaped GVC.
Although I just use 7,5% cap vanilla custard, and can't tell the difference from 15% after a good steep (15 days minimum).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Although I just use 7,5% cap vanilla custard, and can't tell the difference from 15% after a good steep (15 days minimum).

thanks for that tip, Passuna! I'm still looking for way to actually like the flavor of that stuff.

buckethead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Simple, easy and very nice.
If someone tells it's not close to GVC it's because they haven't vaped GVC.

I agree completely. It's pretty much spot on GVC. I like mine at 8% VC and 2% DLD with a 2-3 week age.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks for that tip, Passuna! I'm still looking for way to actually like the flavor of that stuff.
I don't know if you're going to like it but, it can't get much closer to GVC than that. ;)
I know you're not a "steeper" but, in this case, you really need to let it sit for 15 days minimum.
I do my hocus-pocus crock pot dance on the moonshine and even then I let it steep for a week after.
Original GVC is only sold once every 28 days. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't know if you're going to like it but, it can't get much closer to GVC than that. ;)
I know you're not a "steeper" but, in this case, you really need to let it sit for 15 days minimum.
I do my hocus-pocus crock pot dance on the moonshine and even then I let it steep for a week after.
Original GVC is only sold once every 28 days. :)

I still have a bottle I made of the "original" Capella vanilla custard at 10%. It's at least 9 months old now, still sitting there.
I made a bottle with the "revised" version at 8% when I got that one, and it's still 'steeping,' too.
Some day I might find a use for them. The vanilla flavor strikes me as artificial/chemical-y, but I know few people agree with me on that.

cviers

Member For 4 Years
Could some one please explain the crockpot method to me? Is it safe to put the bottle ( glass ) on the bottom of the pot or do you need to put something between the bottle and the pot? The crock I have is ancient and has only Low or High choices, will that work? Thank you for helping a Noobie. Cindy V

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Capella 12% add the other extras, French vanilla dulce DE Leche, caramel... sweet cream... any of those style flavors a decent you will have a bad ass vanilla custard.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

buckethead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could some one please explain the crockpot method to me? Is it safe to put the bottle ( glass ) on the bottom of the pot or do you need to put something between the bottle and the pot? The crock I have is ancient and has only Low or High choices, will that work? Thank you for helping a Noobie. Cindy V
Fill the crock pot with water until it reaches the neck of the glass bottles. Turn it on low and leave them in there for a while. Most people do 4-6 hours. Try to shake the bottles vigorously every hour or so.

cviers

Member For 4 Years
o_O:oops:Thank you Buckethead. There is alot of stuff that goes into making the "perfect juice ". I am having a great time doing this though. And the results aren't too bad LOL!! I've only had to throw out a couple small bottles. It's a good thing I've had this forum to read so I didn't end up getting rid of more then that!

Last edited:

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love Mother's Milk by Suicide Bunny, Cyclops Colossus, and Uncle Junk's Betty White.
Any other custard, flan-like juices you recommend?

I do a Vanilla Custard but use:
Capella VC 25%
Vanilla 4% (may sound ridiculous but best vanilla I have found is Dr Oetker - I have tried most!)
DDL 1%
Ethyl Maltol (sweetner) 1%
Nicvape 72mg PG Base diluted with VG to 25mg

Also very nice replacing vanilla with Caramel

I mix in big batches so no problem with the 3 weeks steeping it requires
BUT
An ultrasonic cleaner can fast steep to 3 week stage in 20 x 8 minute cycles if you in a hurry (use glass container in ultrasonic)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still have a bottle I made of the "original" Capella vanilla custard at 10%. It's at least 9 months old now, still sitting there.
I made a bottle with the "revised" version at 8% when I got that one, and it's still 'steeping,' too.
Some day I might find a use for them. The vanilla flavor strikes me as artificial/chemical-y, but I know few people agree with me on that.

You know I agree with you on this! But did you try Jason's recent recipe - White Coconut Cake....it has a bunch of other stuff in it, and was a way to use up my 8% V2. Actually, it's quite vapeable - you might try that one http://vapingunderground.com/threads/white-coconut-cake-by-jason.3474/ I'm finishing up my 6mls now, and I might even make it again using a lower percentage of the V2 - just so I can use up that V2 (and I have a much bigger bottle of V1 LOL) But it does have to steep - that nasty flavor we taste goes more into the background with time.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do a Vanilla Custard but use:
Capella VC 25%
Vanilla 4% (may sound ridiculous but best vanilla I have found is Dr Oetker - I have tried most!)
DDL 1%
Ethyl Maltol (sweetner) 1%
Nicvape 72mg PG Base diluted with VG to 25mg

Also very nice replacing vanilla with Caramel

I mix in big batches so no problem with the 3 weeks steeping it requires
BUT
An ultrasonic cleaner can fast steep to 3 week stage in 20 x 8 minute cycles if you in a hurry (use glass container in ultrasonic)

What is DDL?

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Grants vanilla custard clone
15% capella vanilla custard
2% TFA Dulce de leche
Does this one require a 3 week steep, or can it be cut with a crock pot?

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
4 hours in the crockpot - I let mine sit overnight on the kitchen counter afterwards!
Ok, thanks Amanda. I've got some CAP flavors coming this weekend, & both of those are in it. Been working in the kitchen alot this past week, making my different vapes. After I get all of my notes & papers in order, I'll be describing what I made a little later today.....:)

Navymr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steeping makes it better so I just make 100ml at a time and vape it in my rotation it ends up well steeped towards the time to make more

I do something a little different. I use a coffee cup warmer. It is actually a Campbell soup warmer that comes with a big wide flat soup/coffee cup like they sell around the holidays as a packaged kit. It takes up less space than a crockpot and you get the same results. I place an old clear cd spacer (that comes in a pack when you buy cd's) over the top of my flat wide cup. I use a plastic bottle that has a Luer lock tip and attach a blunt needle so if it is full when it heats it can "breathe". You can also just position the bottle top or nipple in the cd hole. The hole in the middle of the cd spacer keeps the bottle from tipping if it tends to try to float. WORKS GREAT!!

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I might be wrong but I heard that Grant's Custard is steeped 6 weeks before they release it. That's why you can only get once in a blue moon. I'm trying it. It should be ready to go after Christmas.

james gerrard

if i was making a 10ml bottle 50/50 what percent would i need of cap vanilla custard from a beginner many thanks

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you use the crock pot quick steep method do you leave the cap on or take it off?

I've only used the crockpot 4 or 5 times, but I've always left the cap on and when I'm done with slow cooking it, I remove it from the crockpot, remove the lid and let it sit for 3 or 4 hours in a dark cool place. If you leave the cap off while it's in the crockpot (especially if there's a lid on the crockpot), there's a chance that water from rising steam builds up on the lid and drops into the bottle with your mix. Even without a lid on the crockpot there's a chance of some condensation inside the bottle.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you use the crock pot quick steep method do you leave the cap on or take it off?

I leave the cap on - what KGuardian said about water and moisture getting in. :) I don't leave the caps off after the steep is done however - would only do that if using flavors with alcohol added .. leave the cap off for an hour or two to let the alcohol evap.

Last edited:

cviers

Member For 4 Years
Bud kiss , I would love to see your Betty White recipe if you feel like sharing it. I am crazy over Uncle Junks John Wayne! I will share that if you would like :). Cindy

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Bud kiss , I would love to see your Betty White recipe if you feel like sharing it. I am crazy over Uncle Junks John Wayne! I will share that if you would like :). Cindy
I would love your john wayne recipie if you dont mind. I have been searching for years.

cviers

Member For 4 Years
OK, this is a version of Uncle Junk's John Wayne. I think it's very close to the original. I really couldn' t tell the two apart in a blind test. Hope you like it as much as we all do. John Wayne version 1000036 heh heh heh
1% 555 FW
4% RY4 Double TPA
1% Caramel Orig. TPA
2% Butterscotch TPA
2% Smooth TPA
1% Ethyl Malto TPA
.5% Absinthe TPA
1% French Vanilla Deluxe TPA
1.5% Acetyl Pyrazine TPA
I let it steep for a minimum of 2 weeks with daily shaking and letting the cap stay off at night for the first few nights. This is one of my hubby's ADV's . and I use it quite often too, but I like alot of variety, so I might have 6 or 7 different flavors going at one time. Enjoy! :) Cindy

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Someone say Betty White???

denrock316

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
9% Cap V1 Custard
2% Cap French vanilla
2% tfa vanilla swirl
2% tfa dulce de leche
1% tfa Marshmallow
1% tfa bavarian cream

Variation - add 3% FW Hazelnut for a nice vailla hazelnut custard

ckquatt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried A LOT of custard recipes during my DIY journey. Most have been mediocre. This one by Scott (igetcha69 on You Tube) is hands down my absolute favorite! It's so damn good! I make it 100mls at a time and it's been my ADV for about 3-4 months. I make it 70VG/30PG and have a Reo dedicated to it!

Here's the recipe:
73a0ea144271958d72595530af01e52d.png

I used V1 Vanilla Custard cause I can't stand V2! It tastes terrible to me!

If you don't have Super Sweet, I've used regular Sweetner and just doubled the amount.
(1% SS =2% regular Sweetner)

Give it a try! It's freakin' amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Custard's Last Stand (clone)
cls.JPG
(CAP NY Cheesecake .50%, stupid watermark) 2 weeks steep min.

Never tried the original, so can't say how close it is, and honestly, I don't know what to say about all those flavors working together in such small amounts, but the finished stuff is strangely addicting.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Custard's Last Stand (clone)
View attachment 63453
(CAP NY Cheesecake .50%, stupid watermark) 2 weeks steep min.

Never tried the original, so can't say how close it is, and honestly, I don't know what to say about all those flavors working together in such small amounts, but the finished stuff is strangely addicting.

With the amounts, and strength, of the first 2, CAP VC & CAP French Vanilla, I'd bet you could just leave out the rest and wouldn't even know the difference.
But I can't use the CAP Custard that high myself anyway.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You might do a search here for "TOCs ADV Custard".....I just made it up the other day....steeping now so I haven't tasted it yet but it smells amazing already. (AHEM...forgive me.....apparently I'd seen that recipe on the other site which shall not be named, if you get my drift. It's over there. Wouldn't be cool for me to post her recipe here)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors