Become a Patron!

Looking For A Hard Hitting Comp Build

YouGotEJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hello everyone. I've been trying to find a great hard hitting comp build for my Brass Manhattan V2 with my Phenotype-L RDA. I'm looking to be around a 0.1-0.15. What would you suggest? Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I suggest you learn ohms law and what those batteries can actually do! 0.1 is insanely low for a single battery...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep the builds above .25 on that mod. There are no batteries made safe lower than that. You want lower get a multi battery mod

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Keep the builds above .25 on that mod. There are no batteries made safe lower than that. You want lower get a multi battery mod

Yep nothing beets a parallel mod with a super subohm build for clouding it up!

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For best energy transfer a series configuration with a hybrid cap is optimal. Inherently more dangerous? Of course....

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
For best energy transfer a series configuration with a hybrid cap is optimal. Inherently more dangerous? Of course....

AKA the noisy cricket lol ;p I love the look and feel of the cricket (I have one) but I really want to have a parallel cricket lol!!

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When they came out with colors had to get 2 more, they get the most use out of all my mods. There is the HogV2 (clones), 2 parallels in series. Iffy quality on those clones though. Don't believe any ads that claim they have new authentics.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Personally i use a dimitri box mod. I just want a parallel like the NC because of the size. This thing is like a brick to use lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You should be building for heatflux, ramp up time and surface area if building a comp style build. I would highly suggest a 24N80 Parallel or 26KA1 Quad build on a Parallel box, or a 28g/40g Fused Clapton (7 Wraps/3mm ID) for a Series box.

BTW, Better then a Dual Parallel or Series...
20160403_145423.jpg

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm guessing if the little icon on SteamEngine is bright red you're on the right path...:D
Depends on the destination....

I like to target for about HF 175 at 3.7v. Too hot when much over 200. Many like a hot vape. I like warm and flavorful @ 25 watts or less.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
With good batteries, 20amp continuous discharge, (ex;LG/Sony/Samsung) you are safe at .4. And with battery sag you won't get the full 8.4v so there is an extra safety margin there.

I thought the destination was cloud comps, you probably won't win with warm and flavorful @ 25 watts or less.

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't wait for my Cherrybomber V2, you can switch it between parallel and series! I may have also ordered a hammer of god because.... 'merica.....

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally i use a dimitri box mod. I just want a parallel like the NC because of the size. This thing is like a brick to use lol
The el Diablo is pretty sleek! I dig mine, i think it was a FT purchase, there's a bit of battery rattle which makes me a little nervous, but I've yet to tweek it too much.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah. Forgot this was about a lung capacity test. Which is the true key to comp vaping. Builds don't fix bad technique or weak lungs.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
24n80 dual coil 5 / 4 wraps lightly spaced will get ya some plumage. Should come out a little under .2ohms.
I also like fused 26n80 with 34k or 36k also 5 or 6 wraps but no space and its also killer vape.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The el Diablo is pretty sleek! I dig mine, i think it was a FT purchase, there's a bit of battery rattle which makes me a little nervous, but I've yet to tweek it too much.
I own the Full Brass Diablo, its one of the Hardest Hitting Boxes Ive ever owned...I wouldnt hesitate getting another one....just bend the copper strip to have more of a bump for each battery to remove the rattle, just be careful not to pinch it.
The Cherrybomb V2 is a okay box, its quality is a bit shoddy but with some glue or electric tape to keep everything in place it is much better, everything in the box isnt glued down and it all can pop out or slide around...

I would also suggest picking up a Tres Equis, a few people on the forum here have the clone and we cant find a difference between that and my authentic...

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would also suggest picking up a Tres Equis, a few people on the forum here have the clone and we cant find a difference between that and my authentic...
Damn you!!!!! lol, I promised myself the Hammer of God was my last mod/purchase for awhile, and since then I've bought Hohm Wrecker 2, and a Kennedy.... I was looking at the Tres Equis anyway.. from FT?

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn you!!!!! lol, I promised myself the Hammer of God was my last mod/purchase for awhile, and since then I've bought Hohm Wrecker 2, and a Kennedy.... I was looking at the Tres Equis anyway.. from Fast Tech?
You obviously have some good taste in mods ;) @JERUS has the Tres Equis from FT I think and it doesnt look any different then mine, even if its half as nice I would recommend it, especially for what they cost on FT...I might pick up a clone myself as Im seeing that they are only $25!!

My new mod hits CRAZY HARD, especially for a clone, Im glad I cancelled my preorder for the Authentic, the people I sent my money in with are still waiting for theirs...and its been almost a full year now...

609655f5e1962427370f74f0fa3ab6d5.jpg

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You obviously have some good taste in mods ;) @JERUS has the Tres Equis from FT I think and it doesnt look any different then mine, even if its half as nice I would recommend it, especially for what they cost on FT...I might pick up a clone myself as Im seeing that they are only $25!!

My new mod hits CRAZY HARD, especially for a clone, Im glad I cancelled my preorder for the Authentic, the people I sent my money in with are still waiting for theirs...and its been almost a full year now...

The Point Blank is what I ordered with my Cherry Bomber! :bingo:

I've got an insane amount of vape mail coming it! Can't wait!!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I believe the only difference between the authentic and clone Tres Equis is that the clone has a small nub instead of a flat surface at the connection. And, then I'm told the authentic has a very nice button, the clone is a tad stiff (I ended up padding up the button a bit so it protrudes more and makes it very nice. Anyways I like it so much I have a second on the way.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Point Blank is what I ordered with my Cherry Bomber! :bingo:

I've got an insane amount of vape mail coming it! Can't wait!!
You wont regret it..it is very well made.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I believe the only difference between the authentic and clone Tres Equis is that the clone has a small nub instead of a flat surface at the connection. And, then I'm told the authentic has a very nice button, the clone is a tad stiff (I ended up padding up the button a bit so it protrudes more and makes it very nice. Anyways I like it so much I have a second on the way.

What is it that you like so much? I have an RX200 and NC's, give me one good reason why I need this Tres Equis. Need a comeback for when I get the "what, another one of those things"....:D

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is it that you like so much? I have an RX200 and NC's, give me one good reason why I need this Tres Equis. Need a comeback for when I get the "what, another one of those things"....:D
Allows me to build lower, and the battery life is better than the RX200 (RX200 I was replacing batteries twice a day, this thing taking over as my main and it's lasting over a day). That and then I just like mechs. Once I get my last order from Fasttech I think my regulated mods are going to be collecting some dust.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
How low can you build? .2 like a single mech? I wonder if there is anything like that available with a hybrid cap. But I hear ya about the regulateds gathering dust :( Guess I should try to swap some of them, seems a shame for them to just sit the bench...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How low can you build? .2 like a single mech? I wonder if there is anything like that available with a hybrid cap. But I hear ya about the regulateds gathering dust :( Guess I should try to swap some of them, seems a shame for them to just sit the bench...
I'll find uses for them, but yeah just fun to build a perfect setup on a mech.

Much lower than .2Ω, .21Ω is the limit of a 20amp single battery. Tres Equis is a triple parallel mech, so 2-3X the amp ratings. I use a .08Ω build on it right now. Nice fat staples.

The connection on it isn't hybrid but it's not a standard 510 either. It's a plate with 3 protruding buttons on the bottom, then the top on the authentic has a flat spot under the 510 threading, clone has a little nub "pin" thingy.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
12.6v divided by .08ohm equals 157amps. Give me a hand here, I know I'm not getting the concept. Or does the mod put out 4.2v and having 3 batteries just makes better battery life and higher ohms? Even at 4.2v thats 52amps

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
12.6v divided by .08ohm equals 157amps. Give me a hand here, I know I'm not getting the concept. Or does the mod put out 4.2v and having 3 batteries just makes better battery life and higher ohms? Even at 4.2v thats 52amps
If they are in parallel the amps also increase, most say half of the specs are increase per added battery, some say the amps are increased by full spec per added battery.
So if you have 3 25R's I would say your good with atleast a 65a ceiling and you also have 7500mah at your disposal. I wont use anything lower then .07 on the Tres Equis but Im not as crazy as I used to be....

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So what is the voltage output? I'm having some trouble finding that spec...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Parallel = amps add
Series = volts add

2 battery Parallel = 4.2v & 2X the CDR
2 battery Series = 8.4v & standard CDR

So my NC with 25rs is 8.4v & 20 amp CDR
My Tres Equis (3 battery parallel) with 25rs is 4.2v & <60amp CDR.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just traded my last regulated (efusion dna200) for a rig v2 mech... waiting for that to come on the mail.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Sooo, with the 3 batteries there is higher ohm limit, which means you can build lower resistance coils, which in turn draw more power/higher wattage from the batteries. And as there is more power potential from the 3 batteries in parallel, it outperforms a single 18650 or dual 18650 in parallel, right? :question:

Looking for a Tres Equis clone and what is available has top and bottom aluminum caps and plastic body??

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just traded my last regulated (efusion dna200) for a rig v2 mech... waiting for that to come on the mail.

I still like a tube. Vape Street has authentic 4Nine Primes on sale for 23 bucks so I grabbed a copper and a brass.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sooo, with the 3 batteries there is higher ohm limit, which means you can build lower resistance coils, which in turn draw more power/higher wattage from the batteries. And as there is more power potential from the 3 batteries in parallel, it outperforms a single 18650 or dual 18650 in parallel, right? :question:

Looking for a Tres Equis clone and what is available has top and bottom aluminum caps and plastic body??
Higher amp limit not ohm limit, you have a lower ohm limit because of a higher amp limit. Which I'm sure sounds confusing.

Essentially when you put something in parallel they share the amp load, so say you're pulling 40amps with your coil running .1Ω and you have a 2 battery parallel. They'll each be giving off 20amps for the total of 40.

As for outperforming, pretty much, yes. Take a .2Ω build on a tube, a dual parallel and a triple parallel and they should all vape pretty similarly (it'll be a little different due to other stuff), but the battery life will increase with each additional battery in parallel as the amp draw is going to be ~20amps, thus the tube will have 1 battery getting 20amps drawn, the dual would have each of it's battery getting 10amps and the triple each battery taking 6+amps, so the triple should last much longer. Likewise the more batteries the lower resistance coils you can build which will allow higher power output.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3027/10014213/4002807
POM is a sturdier than average plastic, used regularly in vaping. I believe Delrin is just a better variation of it, and that's what's used on the Authentic I believe. Anyways, it works well for me. I get a little heating on the top cap when chain vaping, but that's to be expected.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, meant amp limit, should probably proof read before posting lol.

I'm on that FT clone, black with blue dots just to have something different for a change.

Now I really won't have any use for my regulated mods, have just been using them for low ohm builds when I couldn't stuff enough wraps in the atty to use a Cricket or single 18650 mech.

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Actually on parallel setup a build of equal amperage will perform better since the cells themselves will sag less from less stress.... so a .2 will vape better on parallel than on a single tube... as you go lower it becomes more apparent. When there are 3 cells carrying thenload then there will be even less sag from the cells themselves... this could be something like .5v in some cases.. less in higher resistance loads, more in lowet resistance, etc.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't follow your drift on the first sentence, but I think overall you're saying that the more load on a battery the more voltage drop it will have, which sounds logical. Assuming that, if the load is split between 3 batteries in parallel, they should perform better. Given an equal number of batteries, series configuration performs better but with a shorter charge life from what I've experienced. But I'm still struggling with why higher resistance loads would cause less sag. Is it because the lower resistance build is able to draw more power and thus increase load?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...:giggle:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That cartoon seems to indicate that a smaller wire with more resistance (ohm) will impede the working part of the equation (amp) even though the power potential (volt) of the battery is trying to put out more.

Obviously I need to go spend time in the Battery Forum, which I will do as my ignorance is alarming even to me. Thanks for the help.

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That cartoon seems to indicate that a smaller wire with more resistance (ohm) will impede the working part of the equation (amp) even though the power potential (volt) of the battery is trying to put out more.

Obviously I need to go spend time in the Battery Forum, which I will do as my ignorance is alarming even to me. Thanks for the help.
Took me a while to wrap my head around it, but once I got it, it just clicked. I still refresh myself with it ever couple weeks to make sure I keep my face in tact.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A question on the Tres Equis. With the amount of current that critter could put out, am I correct in assuming it is FET fired? I cannot see the whole current going through that switch. It would have to be pretty beefy to handle 42 Amps with a 0.1 Ohm coil let alone 60 Amps with a 0.07 Ohm coil.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a mechanical switch, no springs or magnets. Isn't a mosfet used to isolate the fire button from full current? Don't fully understand all this stuff, but I don't think the current goes "through" the switch. Have not seen anywhere that it has a mosfet, but I'll find out, have one on the way.

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
28g/40g Fused Clapton (7 Wraps/3mm ID) for a Series box.
Is this what you use for you HOG's? I'm dreaming about my first build for my HOG should be in the mail sooooon!!!!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is this what you use for you HOG's? I'm dreaming about my first build for my HOG should be in the mail sooooon!!!!
No thats what I use for anything Series, like the Noisy Cricket, Lucifer or HOG V2....
I killed the HOG V1 with a .04 Ohm build awhile ago :(

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No thats what I use for anything Series, like the Noisy Cricket, Lucifer or HOG V2....
I killed the HOG V1 with a .04 Ohm build awhile ago :(
RIP lil Piggy...... sorry for your loss....

but, .04?!?! kinda funny... sorry.. though... for your loss...

VU Sponsors