Become a Patron!

Looking for a larger tank for Asmodus Snow Wolf 75W

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone, as the title states I'm looking for a larger tank suitable for my rather compact vape. I'm currently using a SMOK TFV4 tank and find myself refilling it several times a day. Any recommendations for a larger tank?
I'm also looking for a vape "holster" as when I put my vape in my pocket the rubber band thing often falls off or my vape fails to stay in the upright position, leaking juice all over the place.

Frankly, I don't know where to start or what brands are reputable.

Edit: A rebuildable coil would be a major plus!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you move up, to say a 28 or 30mm dia RTA for more capacity, it's going to hang over on your mod if that's a concern. There's some RTA's out there that are 25ishmm and hold more than 5ml but I don't know which are good. Might look at Kayfun (clone) but I'm sure there's newer.
I use a Coil Master Mini PBag for out and about and in the car. Not as a holster altho it is one. Has a couple handy spots for juice/batteries/coils...There's diff sizes and Mini would fit ur mod nicely. It's about 8 bucks US shipped on Ebay. Here it is with 5.25in tall mod+tank.
20180226_115042.jpg 20180226_115116.jpg

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manta RTA with the 5ml bubble glass it comes with and can be comfortably run at 40 watts so wouldn't be maxing out your mod. There are alot of RTA'S that come with a larger capacity though

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you move up, to say a 28 or 30mm dia RTA for more capacity, it's going to hang over on your mod it that's a concern. There's some RTA's out there that are 25ishmm and hold more than 5ml but I don't know which are good. Might look at Kayfun (clone) but I'm sure there's newer.
I use a Coil Master Mini PBag for out and about and in the car. Not as a holster altho it is one. Has a couple handy spots for juice/batteries/coils...There's diff sizes and Mini would fit ur mod nicely. It's about 8 bucks US shipped on Ebay. Here it is with 5.25in tall mod+tank.
View attachment 105324 View attachment 105325
In fact just realised that's a Manta in your pictures ;)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That's what I'm vaping today, Manta .14 @60w. But like skoldVape said, can run it at lower wattage with diff build. Still 5ml like the FTV4. You can go taller or bigger dia for more than 5ml, but your putting it on a smallish mod so how it looks depends on you. I go through a lottt of juice and 5ml is biggest I have. NP for easy to fill, and for what you get from RTA vs TFV4 would make it less of an issue, imo..
In fact just realised that's a Manta in your pictures ;)
hehe:giggle:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I'm vaping today, Manta .14 @60w. But like skoldVape said, can run it at lower wattage with diff build. Still 5ml like the FTV4. You can go taller or bigger dia for more than 5ml, but your putting it on a smallish mod so how it looks depends on you. I go through a lottt of juice and 5ml is biggest I have. NP for easy to fill, and for what you get from RTA vs TFV4 would make it less of an issue, imo..
hehe:giggle:
The Manta is thirsty and I don't even vape it at high wattage. It's airy though and airy tanks tend to consume loads of juice

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The Manta is thirsty and I don't even vape it at high wattage. It's airy though and airy tanks tend to consume loads of juice
I go through a lot of juice no matter the atty :)

Last edited:

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
thanks for the info guys!! Looks like I'll be doing some research and that carrying case seems pretty handy. Ill most likely stick to the tank I have until I run out of coils for it for financial reasons but that leaves me time to educate myself and shop around. Much appreciated :D

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
View attachment 105324 View attachment 105325
I checked it out and I love the look of the black/white/gray digital camo bag. I'll be ordering one when I have the funds!

So I've done some research on tanks online as well as measured my current tank, and my TFV4 has a diameter of 24.5mm. I'd Like to keep the diameter the same or smaller (as there is almost no overhang) but perhaps taller. Other parameters for my search are availability of coils (it's getting difficult to find places that stock TFV4 coils as it would seem my tank is a bit outdated), comparable 'thirstiness' to my SMOK dual clapton coil setup and perhaps a taller tank for more mL. There are tons of options online, but few user reviews (or at least ones I'd trust because I'm sure most of these websites screen their reviews or make up their own)

That being said, anyone have more suggestions? Thanks in advance! :D

Edit: I'm going to stay away from the rebuildable stuff for a while, still way too new at vaping to do any kind of DIY stuff... but when I do, I'm looking at this bad boy: https://www.vapewild.com/wotofo-the-troll-rta/ The diameter is perfect, the capacity is 1mL larger than my current tank at 5mL (Where 6 seems to be the max I've been able to find), and it has good reviews.

Found these, but the coil selections range from triple to sextuple setups that I'm pretty sure would defeat the purpose of having a bigger tank and needlessly burn through my juice.

SMOK TFV 12 (closest in diameter and SMOK reliability): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smo...87b8f7d&transAbTest=ae803_3&priceBeautifyAB=0

Sense Blazer 200(I don't get what ohms are?? And the diameter is 26mm where my 24.5mm tank already has about 1mm of overhang on my mod):https://www.directvapor.com/tanks-rdas/sense-blazer-200-sub-ohm-tank.html?A=1139

E Leaf Melo 300 (26mm as well but I wouldn't mind the overhang considering the much larger capacity.. but sextuple coils?! wtf.): https://www.directvapor.com/tanks-rdas/eleaf-melo-300-sub-ohm-tank.html?A=1139

Thoughts on these?

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I checked it out and I love the look of the black/white/gray digital camo bag. I'll be ordering one when I have the funds!

So I've done some research on tanks online as well as measured my current tank, and my TFV4 has a diameter of 24.5mm. I'd Like to keep the diameter the same or smaller (as there is almost no overhang) but perhaps taller. Other parameters for my search are availability of coils (it's getting difficult to find places that stock TFV4 coils as it would seem my tank is a bit outdated), comparable 'thirstiness' to my SMOK dual clapton coil setup and perhaps a taller tank for more mL. There are tons of options online, but few user reviews (or at least ones I'd trust because I'm sure most of these websites screen their reviews or make up their own)

That being said, anyone have more suggestions? Thanks in advance! :D

Edit: I'm going to stay away from the rebuildable stuff for a while, still way too new at vaping to do any kind of DIY stuff... but when I do, I'm looking at this bad boy: https://www.vapewild.com/wotofo-the-troll-rta/ The diameter is perfect, the capacity is 1mL larger than my current tank at 5mL (Where 6 seems to be the max I've been able to find), and it has good reviews.

Found these, but the coil selections range from triple to sextuple setups that I'm pretty sure would defeat the purpose of having a bigger tank and needlessly burn through my juice.

SMOK TFV 12 (closest in diameter and SMOK reliability): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smo...87b8f7d&transAbTest=ae803_3&priceBeautifyAB=0

Sense Blazer 200(I don't get what ohms are?? And the diameter is 26mm where my 24.5mm tank already has about 1mm of overhang on my mod):https://www.directvapor.com/tanks-rdas/sense-blazer-200-sub-ohm-tank.html?A=1139

E Leaf Melo 300 (26mm as well but I wouldn't mind the overhang considering the much larger capacity.. but sextuple coils?! wtf.): https://www.directvapor.com/tanks-rdas/eleaf-melo-300-sub-ohm-tank.html?A=1139

Thoughts on these?
I've tried all of them and for me the Sense Blazer is best one, it takes Smok coils too but I feel the top fill is better than the tfv12

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the input! When I'm ready to buy a new tank I'll check it out. Do you have any other negative comments about the TFV12? Also, do you happen to know if I can use the TF-CLP2 dual clapton coils with a TFV12?

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
I've tried all of them and for me the Sense Blazer is best one, it takes Smok coils too but I feel the top fill is better than the tfv12
Thanks for the input! When I'm ready to buy a new tank I'll check it out. Do you have any other negative comments about the TFV12? Also, do you happen to know if I can use the TF-CLP2 dual clapton coils with a TFV12?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you want something big you can get a Mason Dump Tank 30mm or Vaperz Cloud VCMT2 (sure there are tons of others, these are just what I know). The dump tank is good for a few hundred miles of road time.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No different coils

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
If you want something big you can get a Mason Dump Tank 30mm or Vaperz Cloud VCMT2 (sure there are tons of others, these are just what I know). The dump tank is good for a few hundred miles of road time.

Thanks for the suggestions! my only concerns with these hue tanks is the overhang on my tiny mod. But you're right, I do tend to go on several hundred mile road trips for dirtbike riding, and having the overhang won't bother me so much as I drive. I'll look into them!

No different coils

Thanks again, Skold! As 'outdated' as it may be, I may be sticking with it for a while. As much as I'd like higher capacity and better availability of coils, I'm happy with this tank and I think it's a good learner setup for me.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the suggestions! my only concerns with these hue tanks is the overhang on my tiny mod. But you're right, I do tend to go on several hundred mile road trips for dirtbike riding, and having the overhang won't bother me so much as I drive. I'll look into them!

Thanks again, Skold! As 'outdated' as it may be, I may be sticking with it for a while. As much as I'd like higher capacity and better availability of coils, I'm happy with this tank and I think it's a good learner setup for me.
I have slight overhang on my voopoo drag bit I don't really care as it's a cracking mod and the tfv4 is still a good tank so don't blame you for sticking with it :)

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
I have slight overhang on my voopoo drag bit I don't really care as it's a cracking mod and the tfv4 is still a good tank so don't blame you for sticking with it :)

I asked this in another thread but haven't received a response.. Is 16.95 shipped a good price for a 5 pack of TF-CLP2 (SMOK dual clapton) coils? Are there any other single or dual coils that will fit my TFV4?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I asked this in another thread but haven't received a response.. Is 16.95 shipped a good price for a 5 pack of TF-CLP2 (SMOK dual clapton) coils? Are there any other single or dual coils that will fit my TFV4?
I haven't used a tfv4 for a while and they have so many different coils that I get confused haha

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
I haven't used a tfv4 for a while and they have so many different coils that I get confused haha

Ah, no worries. Google helped but it only listed SMOK coils that are compatible, and the dual coil one is the only one I'd want to use, because I'm not seeking massive clouds or a coil that's gonna drink up all juice quicker than necessary. I was just hoping someone might know of other brands that are compatible, but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I should stick with SMOK.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, no worries. Google helped but it only listed SMOK coils that are compatible, and the dual coil one is the only one I'd want to use, because I'm not seeking massive clouds or a coil that's gonna drink up all juice quicker than necessary. I was just hoping someone might know of other brands that are compatible, but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I should stick with SMOK.
I use the same coils in my tfv4 but I don't think there's any tanks that takes them coils. IMO the tfv4 is the best smok tank too. I've tried baby beast, big baby beast, tfv8, tfv12 & prince tank and the coils don't last as long as tfv4 ones

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
I use the same coils in my tfv4 but I don't think there's any tanks that takes them coils. IMO the tfv4 is the best smok tank too. I've tried baby beast, big baby beast, tfv8, tfv12 & prince tank and the coils don't last as long as tfv4 ones
Thanks! Look like I’ll be sticking with the tfv4 until I can’t find coils for it anymore..

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
Then get a cleito exo with if you end up wanting a new tank and get a 0.4 coil an vape it at 50 watts. It's only 3.5ml mind you but I don't like massive tanks
I’m actually looking at the waterproof/dustproof Aegis 100W for my next mod.. I’m an offroader and it seems to fit my needs perfectly.

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
26650 batteries?? I use the best ijoy batteries and it still seems to drain alot.
Stick to my voopoo drag
Nah, my mod came with a purple IMREN IMR 2500mah 18650 cell. I have two IMREN gold 3000mah 18650 upgrades coming in the mail soon. I have a 2 slot smart battery charger I got online as well so the strategy is to keep two charged while the third is in my mod.. should do the trick, in theory :)

It’s also worth noting that I probably won’t even break 2 hours of total vaping in a day’s ride so i should be fine

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, my mod came with a purple IMREN IMR 2500mah 18650 cell. I have two IMREN gold 3000mah 18650 upgrades coming in the mail soon. I have a 2 slot smart battery charger I got online as well so the strategy is to keep two charged while the third is in my mod.. should do the trick, in theory :)

It’s also worth noting that I probably won’t even break 2 hours of total vaping in a day’s ride so i should be fine
If i'm not in work I chain vape. I can go through a full tank in half hour

VU Sponsors