Become a Patron!

Looking for a new tank

Crunchyblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i started vaping about 2 or 3 weeks ago and my starter set up includes a Smok G-Priv armed with a baby beast X4.

I like the X4, its great having no frame of reference other than the first tank ive owned. Problem is that its starting to ooze like a BP oil rig. Come to learn there's a lot of issues with it for a segment of its owners. Id disassemble it and put in the back up atomizer but lucky for me its fuzed shut. Researched people with the same issue and well, for a leaky set up thats my first set up i might as well just blow $30 some dollars on a new tank.

What am i looking for? Well, id prefer lower wattage, i like to hang around 40-50 for no reason other than i think i like it. I don't want to have to rebuild the thing every week, i like a decently sized tank i can take on a 5 hour road trip and back and not refill however not a deal breaker really...especially if refilling the tank is as easy as my baby beast (though messy)

I like to think i like flavor over cloud...but to be realistic i'm still fearful of returning to cigarettes, so i like something that hits well.

So many options out there, so much detail to each tank that i haven't a clue about....i think i like sub-ohm but i don't know what that even results in (isn't my baby beast sub ohm?) Battery life seems infinite with my X4 at 50W i haven't even seen it drop below 89% battery life.

Any suggestions? I guess low maintenance is really a heavily weighted thing for me given i don't know much yet from experience. I don't need xxxx rip style clouds just enough to satisfy my cigarette needs. I don't want to be refilling the tank every hour. I don't want to be cleaning or replacing every week. Flavor is something i think i'm interested in but i'm really kidding myself i'm here for the nicotine delivery and im sure id be fine with sweaty gym sock flavor so long as i wasn't smoking cigarettes. Price isn't really a huge deal so long as it lives long enough life to warrant that cost.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might just try some teflon tape on the threads inside the tank (coil head and chimney threads). Could fix the problem and save you $$$. Plus it seems you like the way it vapes.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I've had good luck with Amigo Sub-ohm Top Fill Tanks. No leak problems that I've come across. The 0.5 ohm replacement coil is not cost prohibitive.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For 40-50w, I use the original Cleito, 0.4 coil. Inexpensive, simple, reliable, hits well.

Others like the Tobeco Super Tank or Atlantis EVO. Then there's the Stick v8 kit with the big baby beast.

For more restrictive, I tried a Spirals and liked it. Has coil options for both mouth to lung or restrictive direct lung.

springer

Just like Jerry
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I would definitely go with the Cleito. It was my first sub-ohm and still one of my favorites. Never had an issue with it.

I would like to mention my vape setup as am fairly well pleased with it presently. I have twin Coolfire 4 plus mods with Kanger Protank 3s on them. These should keep you vaping for eight to ten hours though the mod batterys will last longer than the juice in the tanks. The Protank 3 is a star and the Coolfire 4 is very reliable.

VU Sponsors