Become a Patron!

Looking for a threaded base for my Taifun GT

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello everyone!
I wanted to toss this out & see if anyone can help me find a new threaded base for my Taifun GT. Mine has apparently developed a short, and I most certainly am not electrically savvy. So I have a dead Taifun right now. I have another one coming from another member, but I would still love to be able to get this one resurrected. Hate having 1 Taifun I can't use, and 1 I can..I really like this RBA, & it goes with me and my Kayfuns everywhere I go.

I can't say how the short happened, or even how to fix it, I would suspect that trying to blow out excess liquid before taking the tank off of the mod might have done it, but then again, not sure. My SVD is just fine, and is still doing great with my other Kayfuns, so thank the gods I did not screw my SVD up. It's not the coil, all of my RBA's have the exact same coil on them, and it's reading 1.1 to 1.3, and they all fire just wonderful. Now I know Fasttech stocks them, but they are out right now and have no idea when a new shipment will appear. So...I have myself in quite a quandry....:( I am grateful for any help that may come my way.....

Daniel S.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its probably the screw under the base. Unscrew it so it will make good contact with your 510 pin on the SVD. Trust me.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
its probably the screw under the base. Unscrew it so it will make good contact with your 510 pin on the SVD. Trust me.

What he said,

I would try the exact thing. And it is really kind of rare for what you are describing to happen.

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater or whatever!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What he said,

I would try the exact thing. And it is really kind of rare for what you are describing to happen.

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater or whatever!
I tried the screw. Nothing. So, looks like now it's into the scrap metal pile. I'm pretty sure it's dead. I just don't know how this could have happened. It won't even read on the damn meter I bought. And now, fumbling around with it, I've lost the black rubber band that was around the screw, so liquid is gonna pour our now. When it rains, ot pours. And I even put it on the SVD, and it says NON, and won't read it.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went to focalcig, and they are pretty high. 16.00 for the base. I figured I might be able to sweet talk someone into selling me another one, or a tank for about 20.00. Just hoping though. But when I screwed the pin out to make better contact with the 510, it just pushed itself back up in the hole, and I was not even putting any pressure on it....

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I went to focalcig, and they are pretty high. 16.00 for the base. I figured I might be able to sweet talk someone into selling me another one, or a tank for about 20.00. Just hoping though. But when I screwed the pin out to make better contact with the 510, it just pushed itself back up in the hole, and I was not even putting any pressure on it....

Contact the folks you got it from. It seems that you have some bad threading issues.

Perhaps they will exchange it for you?

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Contact the folks you got it from. It seems that you have some bad threading issues.

Perhaps they will exchange it for you?
Ok, lookee here...I lost the damn black rubberband that goes around the tiny screw on the bottom, BUT..when I screw out the screw, and thread it onto my SVD, it DOES read 1.3 & fires. So yes, y'all were right, it's that itty bitty screw. But now I gotta find another tiny rubber band...hehehehe

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And if I'm thinking correctly, my damn meter has went to shit. It reads just fine on the SVD, after I fire it for 1-2 secs, I hit it again, and I get the true resistance reading of 1.3, everytime! So the meter is kaput...figures..oh well, cheaper than a new RBA base. lol

VU Sponsors