Become a Patron!

Looking for an RTA

_mylesc_

Member For 2 Years
Does that have a juice flow control? It looks like it does, If it does, then even if you mess up wicking and don't use Enough cotton, or dont make a barrier between the juice holes and the bottom of the deck, which would lead to leaking, just close off the juice flow between puffs until you can get in there to fix it

I will keep this in mind! Thanks this helps a lot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
Wondering if you ever decided and if so, which one did you go with? I got the Kensei a few weeks ago and using this coil Rip says is his favorite, have found that the taste I get from Smok's Prince, using any of their coils, is superior to the taste I get from the Kensei.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude I’ve been on the govad rta for 7 weeks and only used a dripper twice in that 7 weeks. The flavour I’m getting is unreal honestly. I have tried the kensei and honestly prefer the govad all day
Tbh I prefer the govad too! That and kylin are leaps ahead of the Kensei

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
Dude I’ve been on the govad rta for 7 weeks and only used a dripper twice in that 7 weeks. The flavour I’m getting is unreal honestly. I have tried the kensei and honestly prefer the govad all day

Thanks! I will give the Govad RTA a try, but first I already ordered "The Drop" RDA which I should hopefully have in a few days. I'll see how it goes with that - then I'll go for the Govad.

Nevermind - I just ordered the Govad, Element Vape's got it for $19.95 + $7.45 shipping ha ha! Thanks for the suggestion - much appreciated!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I will give the Govad RTA a try, but first I already ordered "The Drop" RDA which I should hopefully have in a few days. I'll see how it goes with that - then I'll go for the Govad.

Nevermind - I just ordered the Govad, Element Vape's got it for $19.95 + $7.45 shipping ha ha! Thanks for the suggestion - much appreciated!
The Drop RDA is quite good. You will like it :)

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Drop RDA is quite good. You will like it :)
I have never used the Govad before but I have heard good things about it. I am really liking the Ammit 25 single coil and the Reload which I have been running in single coil mode. I'm not sure how much u have used RTAs before but they can be a bit tricky to get just right. What I usually do when I get a new RTA or am trying a new build in it is once I am done putting it together and vape on it the first time I will open the tank back up and check the cotton in it. If the cotton is still completely saturated after I have taken 7-10 pulls off of it then I know i got it right, if it's looking kinda dry I will rewick it with a little less cotton and try again. Might want to try this out when u first get a new RTA, sometimes if the flavor isn't very good it's because the cotton is a bit dry. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
EDIT: my bad I meant this for NoProblem lol. I guess I need to pay better attention to what the hell I'm doing hahaha

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never used the Govad before but I have heard good things about it. I am really liking the Ammit 25 single coil and the Reload which I have been running in single coil mode. I'm not sure how much u have used RTAs before but they can be a bit tricky to get just right. What I usually do when I get a new RTA or am trying a new build in it is once I am done putting it together and vape on it the first time I will open the tank back up and check the cotton in it. If the cotton is still completely saturated after I have taken 7-10 pulls off of it then I know i got it right, if it's looking kinda dry I will rewick it with a little less cotton and try again. Might want to try this out when u first get a new RTA, sometimes if the flavor isn't very good it's because the cotton is a bit dry. Hope this helps you.

The Reload is amazing and thanks for suggestions but I'm not new too RTA'S but some are more finicky than others.
The Ammit is great too, one of my favourites actually. If you like single coils the Merlin ain't bad either. I personally prefer it to the Serpent

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone,
I tried a friends RTA for the first time and am interested in purchasing one to learn how to wick my own coils. I wouldn't want to build the coil itself but just wick the cotton. Any good beginner tanks in mind capable of high wattage and user friendly? I would be using it on my Smok G150, currently running the big baby beast but since it came in a kit it doesn't have the RBA section :( looks like I need a whole new tank.

Start off with a single coil- Suck my mod - SMM Serpent RTA. great on flavor. just know your ohms law so you dont blow you're face off.

CHEERS!

Steamhead

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I haven't used most of these tanks, but I'd recommend a Reload clone with a bubble tank. I've rewicked mine 6 or 7 times already, and it's never leaked a DROP. I can't imagine anyone having an issue with it, super easy. Amazing flavor. I never even watched a build tutorial.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years

EDIT: my bad I meant this for NoProblem lol. I guess I need to pay better attention to what the hell I'm doing hahaha

Thanks for the tip, which I have done, I also re-wicked it twice with different cotton, but there was no real difference - which makes me think the flavor of the sub ohms I use (Prince and Valyrian) which have really good flavor, are at least close enough to the flavor from RTAs that I don't need to try another RTA. I have a lot of spare tanks and coils etc. already and don't want any more spares.

I just got "The Drop" RDA yesterday and I am really, really liking it so far. The flavor does seem to be a little better than my sub ohms' and the air flow is absolutely awesome. All I need now is a nice dual battery sqonk mod.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the tip, which I have done, I also re-wicked it twice with different cotton, but there was no real difference - which makes me think the flavor of the sub ohms I use (Prince and Valyrian) which have really good flavor, are at least close enough to the flavor from RTAs that I don't need to try another RTA. I have a lot of spare tanks and coils etc. already and don't want any more spares.

I just got "The Drop" RDA yesterday and I am really, really liking it so far. The flavor does seem to be a little better than my sub ohms' and the air flow is absolutely awesome. All I need now is a nice dual battery sqonk mod.

Check out the Gbox.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
Yes, thanks! I was looking at the Gbox, I was about ready to buy it but came across this siphon thing for less than the cost of two packs of cigs so I ordered it instead. I figured I would give it a try first. Although the Youtube reviews are mixed, I think they are mostly positive and it's cheap enough to try.

Other than that, after only a day or two of using it, being that it delivers superior flavor and has better airflow, The Drop RDA is now my favorite. I'm still learning it far as how much to drip and how many puffs I can get before I need to drip some more so I don't get any dry hits. With my current build, it seems I can safely get about 15- 20 hits before I need to add more juice.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wicking an RTA well is a skill and it takes a while to master - especially if you keep using different ID coil sizes. Most RTAs are suited to a 2.5mm ID coil which will give you about the right thickness of cotton for the wick channels. They vary, obviously, but if you start with 2.5mm ID coils it's usually going to work out. Once you get it working properly you can try different combinations of coils sizes but I would definitely suggest using 2.5mm ID coils until you get it down, it's just so much easier to get the wicking right if the coil is about right and you don't have to trim the tails too much or shape the wicks to keep them away from the air inlet channels....cos thats all leaking and dry hitting shit right there.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, thanks! I was looking at the Gbox, I was about ready to buy it but came across this siphon thing for less than the cost of two packs of cigs so I ordered it instead. I figured I would give it a try first. Although the Youtube reviews are mixed, I think they are mostly positive and it's cheap enough to try.

Other than that, after only a day or two of using it, being that it delivers superior flavor and has better airflow, The Drop RDA is now my favorite. I'm still learning it far as how much to drip and how many puffs I can get before I need to drip some more so I don't get any dry hits. With my current build, it seems I can safely get about 15- 20 hits before I need to add more juice.

If that siphon thing your talking about is the Innokin LIFT don't waste your money. I got one. It doesn't keep up. It would be good if it worked like it's suppose to but it doesn't.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
If that siphon thing your talking about is the Innokin LIFT don't waste your money. I got one. It doesn't keep up. It would be good if it worked like it's suppose to but it doesn't.
I'm kinda thinking it's too good to be true, but I ordered it yesterday anyway, should be here Monday. For $16.49 including shipping, it's cheap enough for me to gamble on. Heck, I'd burn that much up within two days when I smoked, so it won't bother me if it turns out to be worthless. I'll just chalk it up to another learning lesson in my adventures in vaping.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
Wicking an RTA well is a skill and it takes a while to master - especially if you keep using different ID coil sizes. Most RTAs are suited to a 2.5mm ID coil which will give you about the right thickness of cotton for the wick channels. They vary, obviously, but if you start with 2.5mm ID coils it's usually going to work out. Once you get it working properly you can try different combinations of coils sizes but I would definitely suggest using 2.5mm ID coils until you get it down, it's just so much easier to get the wicking right if the coil is about right and you don't have to trim the tails too much or shape the wicks to keep them away from the air inlet channels....cos thats all leaking and dry hitting shit right there.

Thank you for this, much appreciated! My Govad RTA came in the mail yesterday and I made a 4.0 mm ID coil for it - plenty of room in this RTA - but it was giving me like 1.3 ohms and something was just not right, so after reading your post, I rebuilt it and put a 2.5 mm ID coilology in it, carefully wicked it to perfection and wow, now I like this tank better than any of my other tanks (except for The Drop) for taste. Vapor production is also awesome on both of them.

I think I am now set with The Drop and Govad far as great flavor tanks go - all my other tanks I will keep for spares, but I think I'm finally done searching for a better tank, at least for now lol :bliss:.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm kinda thinking it's too good to be true, but I ordered it yesterday anyway, should be here Monday. For $16.49 including shipping, it's cheap enough for me to gamble on. Heck, I'd burn that much up within two days when I smoked, so it won't bother me if it turns out to be worthless. I'll just chalk it up to another learning lesson in my adventures in vaping.

That was my thought when I got it. I think it's a great concept if it can be refined so it works properly.

Last edited:

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for this, much appreciated! My Govad RTA came in the mail yesterday and I made a 4.0 mm ID coil for it - plenty of room in this RTA - but it was giving me like 1.3 ohms and something was just not right, so after reading your post, I rebuilt it and put a 2.5 mm ID coilology in it, carefully wicked it to perfection and wow, now I like this tank better than any of my other tanks (except for The Drop) for taste. Vapor production is also awesome on both of them.

I think I am now set with The Drop and Govad far as great flavor tanks go - all my other tanks I will keep for spares, but I think I'm finally done searching for a better tank, at least for now lol :bliss:.
Cool, I am glad that it helped you.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
That was my thought when I got it. I think it's a great concept if it can be refined so it works properly.
Well, I got the Innokin lift siphon tank adapter two days ago and have been using it ever since I got it, and I will say so far so good. It is working real good for me using The Drop rda. I reset the puff counter when I started using the siphon and at the moment, I have 345 puffs on the puff counter and have not dripped even once in 345 puffs. I need to refill the tank about every 50-70 puffs or so and I also give it three or four good puffs while blocking the air holes in my rda about every 8 or 10 puffs and so far, it's been working really well for me!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I got the Innokin lift siphon tank adapter two days ago and have been using it ever since I got it, and I will say so far so good. It is working real good for me using The Drop rda. I reset the puff counter when I started using the siphon and at the moment, I have 345 puffs on the puff counter and have not dripped even once in 345 puffs. I need to refill the tank about every 50-70 puffs or so and I also give it three or four good puffs while blocking the air holes in my rda about every 8 or 10 puffs and so far, it's been working really well for me!
So it's not working like its suppose to for you either. You should not have to block the airflow and puff. By your own description it's not working well for you.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
Never having squonked, I cannot compare it to that, but I consider it working well for me as long as I don't have to drip after every 7 - 10 puffs. Right now I have 400 puffs on the counter and have not dripped yet - to me, that's working well.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Never having squonked, I cannot compare it to that, but I consider it working well for me as long as I don't have to drip after every 7 - 10 puffs. Right now I have 400 puffs on the counter and have not dripped yet - to me, that's working well.

The point is that you are not suppose to have to block the airflow and puff to make it work. That's more of a pain in the ass than just dripping. I'm glad you like it but I hope noone else wastes any money on this garbage until the get it fixed so it works like they advertise it to work.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
I understand I shouldn't have to block the air holes and puff, but I'd rather do that then drip while driving lol. It's not perfect but for me, so far at least, it's doing what I expected it to do. I just wish the tank held more than 4ml.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
The point is that you are not suppose to have to block the airflow and puff to make it work. That's more of a pain in the ass than just dripping. I'm glad you like it but I hope noone else wastes any money on this garbage until the get it fixed so it works like they advertise it to work.

After thinking more about it I must agree with you - this thing should just work. So what I did for the last 100 puffs or so is I tightened up the draw on my RDA (The Drop) to just slightly tighter than the draw on the TFV12 Prince/ X6 coil with the air flow wide open, and it actually has been working without dry puffing while plugging the air holes - but I like a more open draw so I'll be plugging the holes and dry puffing every 8 or 10 hits until I get a sqonk mod.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
After thinking more about it I must agree with you - this thing should just work. So what I did for the last 100 puffs or so is I tightened up the draw on my RDA (The Drop) to just slightly tighter than the draw on the TFV12 Prince/ X6 coil with the air flow wide open, and it actually has been working without dry puffing while plugging the air holes - but I like a more open draw so I'll be plugging the holes and dry puffing every 8 or 10 hits until I get a sqonk mod.

I really get what your saying. I use my Lucid or my Drop all day. I use RDTAs when I'm driving. Hopefully Innokin will fix the LIFT. I really like the concept of being able to make an RDTA out of any RDA that has a squonk pin. I have a Gbox but I don't care for it too much. It's ok I just have mods I like much better. The function is good I just don't like the ergonomics of it.

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
Yeah, that's one reason I bought this siphon thing and not a Gbox - yet. I just don't like the bulky looks of the Gbox. I prefer a dual battery sqonk mod that's also pants pocket compatible and it seems that the way this industry is going, I'm sure someone will come out with something better soon.

warchild

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just started vaping back in December and just bought my first RTA. I am a newbie as far as building or really knowing what to tell someone else to get but I have a 75watt mod and I am using a Eleaf Lemo 2 single coil RTA and I really like it,for me it’s perfect,easy to build and easy to wick. I have had mine for about 2 weeks and have not had any problems with leaks but the first thing I did was left the original coil and wick set up in the box and built my own right out the gate.
I figured I would have to do it eventually so I just went for it. Any way you just need to get what you feel would be a good fit for you and run with it. Practice makes perfect. Vape On:D

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, that's one reason I bought this siphon thing and not a Gbox - yet. I just don't like the bulky looks of the Gbox. I prefer a dual battery sqonk mod that's also pants pocket compatible and it seems that the way this industry is going, I'm sure someone will come out with something better soon.

Making a dual 18650 regulated squonk device small is not going to be easy.... for what it is, I love my GBox. Yeah it’s a bit bigger then my other mods but I knew exactly what I was getting into when I ordered a dual 18650 regulated squonker. I have ZERO issues with performance from it, it’ll fire .08-09 ohm coils which is a huge plus since my .1ohm coils tend to be a bit lower pre pulse. The squonk system is amazing, the bottle could indeed be better but most definitely not a con for me. IDk, I just love this thing. I use it mostly when I’m driving and maybe an hr or so when I get back home and then I switch to another device... not for any reason against the GBox, I just vape different juice all day and I prefer to just leave the same one in my squonk and only vape that juice when driving.... maybe I’m just too lazy to swap the juice... who knows?! But I definitely do recommend the GBox if you want. Dual 18650 regulated squonker. Personally, I don’t get an enjoyable vape from a parallel mech mod, especially. Single cell squonk. Hopefully I find a series mech squonker sooner then later. That’s probably the only way you’ll pry me away from my GBox!!!

NoProblem

Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the info on the Gbox, I will most likely get one at some point but for now, this siphon thing is working just fine for me, along with my other setups. I went and made a hobby out of all this quit smoking / vaping business, very good move on my part and no regrets whatsoever, but I really do want to back off a bit if you know what I mean.

A few weeks ago I gave away to a friend a number of mods, tanks, sticks, pods and coils etc. just to get rid of some of the stuff I've accumulated in the last year or so since I started vaping. I still have a bunch of stuff left and don't want to add another mod to my collection just yet, least ways not till I get rid of a bunch more stuff I still have.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A few weeks ago I gave away to a friend a number of mods, tanks, sticks, pods and coils etc. just to get rid of some of the stuff I've accumulated in the last year or so since I started vaping. I still have a bunch of stuff left and don't want to add another mod to my collection just yet, least ways not till I get rid of a bunch more stuff I still have.

Yeah no problem man.. I actually only buy a few mods a year so I try to make smart choices on what I’m gonna get. This month I actually bought the Wismec RX Gen 3 because I needed an everyday workhorse. I had the original RX200 and I actually used it for like 2 years and the thing is still going so I figured I grab a newer one since I knew what I was getting. Absolutely love this thing. I always love to have a series mod so I made sure I grabbed the Noisy Cricket 2-25 just because of how much I loved the original. No regrets there either, that thing is a monster and is even better paired with the Neutron RDA (or another series deck RDA)... nothing like having some giant framed staples and being able to vape them in series mode! And then my GBox which I think I made perfectly clear how I felt about it. I probably won’t buy another mod for a while unless something new and innovating comes along. Really want a Series Mech Squonker.

VU Sponsors