Become a Patron!

Looking for flavor chasing RDA

beruzalor

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, i recently got a wotofo troll v2 from a friend, this made me switch over to RDA's. I am looking for a good flavor chasing rda right now, and i really can't choose, i found the twisted messes v2, the hadaly (though i am still really doubting this one since it's single coil), a goon 22, the hobo drifter and the recoil. Can someone tell their preferences? I am open for other rda's aswell :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like my tsunami 24. Nice big build deck easy to work with and the flavor is wonderful.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, i recently got a wotofo troll v2 from a friend, this made me switch over to RDA's. I am looking for a good flavor chasing rda right now, and i really can't choose, i found the twisted messes v2, the hadaly (though i am still really doubting this one since it's single coil), a goon 22, the hobo drifter and the recoil. Can someone tell their preferences? I am open for other rda's aswell :)

it is more about how you build then anything else one can get most RDA's to have good flavor the goons ok the Apocalypse is fine as well I would not over think it to much

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the Conspiracy by Tobeco as my flavor chasing RDA

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Pharaoh for sure

tj99959

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's about chamber size if you want to intensify flavor. This means that you are better off with a 14mm RDA (9.5mm id) if you want the best flavor.
IMO the old A7/A7 mini's are still the flavor king of all RDAs. However there are several newer RDA's that use the same basic design, but don't rely on air from the 510 connection.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's about chamber size if you want to intensify flavor. This means that you are better off with a 14mm RDA (9.5mm id) if you want the best flavor.
IMO the old A7/A7 mini's are still the flavor king of all RDAs. However there are several newer RDA's that use the same basic design, but don't rely on air from the 510 connection.
it's chamber size compared to build. sure with a small single coil a 14mm RDA would be better flavor but if you are using a dual large coil set up, it wouldn't. really depends on how OP plans to build

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If all you can get is a side air RDA here is a trick I learned to help with flavor. Build so your coils are close to the air holes without touching the cap and position them so you see the bottom half of the coil through the air holes. And don't fill up your deck with cotton. You need the air to get around the bottom of the coil. As others have said, bottom air will be the best for flavor.

My favorite RDA is the Hadaly. The SXK and ShenRay Hadaly clones come with squonk pins and the flavor is excellent.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If all you can get is a side air RDA here is a trick I learned to help with flavor. Build so your coils are close to the air holes without touching the cap and position them so you see the bottom half of the coil through the air holes. And don't fill up your deck with cotton. You need the air to get around the bottom of the coil. As others have said, bottom air will be the best for flavor.
I was taught the same way except for the cotton. I still have to get the wicking part down. When done correctly this method does seem to help with the flavor.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I thought I would just ask here, when using the bottom air flow as in my tsunami 24 how close are your coils to the air flow tubes? I just cleaned mine and noticed one was higher than the other for some reason. So I lowered them to original height. I am not sure if I am leaving them too high.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I thought I would just ask here, when using the bottom air flow as in my tsunami 24 how close are your coils to the air flow tubes? I just cleaned mine and noticed one was higher than the other for some reason. So I lowered them to original height. I am not sure if I am leaving them too high.
i personally like to leave them just a little above the air. basically as low as i can get without touching it

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you want flavor, try a Narda clone.
Second that, the NarDa is the best dripper I have, flavor wise
Only downside to it, it tends to whistle a bit
Its successor, the Odis Atty, does not whistle but it's more difficult to rebuild and the flavor isn't just up there, IMO

beruzalor

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i went to my local vape shop to get a pharaoh but he doesn't have it, so i ordered a hadaly instead, in about 2 weeks i'll have the money to buy it, from what I've heard it's definitely one of the best

Thanx to everyone for your comments ;)

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I love my Recoil RDA. Flavor (with the right eliquid) is amazing.

I, myself, am deciding between getting one of the following RDA's: Twisted Messes (original), Twisted Messes Squared or Goon or Goon LP. I think that I will make the decision once I see the RDA's in person at my local vape shop.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, and I'm looking at the CSMNT, too. I don't think they will have it at my local vape shop, though.

Twisted messes squared is awesome! I made my build a little higher so that the coils are above the air flow, the atty doesn't get hot and the flavor is fucking crazy.
8476bca83e658e4e5c5b8178ae39ed1f.jpg
e9fef52287361fd9016dddea0265bb36.jpg
7701694e147f3a64fc40e0b94535a3f5.jpg
42f26f824a2ec5aa36f3b62dd9cc159a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
the gear RDA is on sale for 14 bucks on gearbest and it's a good RDA, needs a big build though

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

My favorite RDA is the Hadaly. The SXK and ShenRay Hadaly clones come with squonk pins and the flavor is excellent.

Exactly this for me too

Also do the same thing on side airflow as well

beruzalor

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i went to my local vape shop to get a pharaoh but he doesn't have it, so i ordered a hadaly instead, in about 2 weeks i'll have the money to buy it, from what I've heard it's definitely one of the best

Thanx to everyone for your comments ;)

After a month of owning the hadaly i gotta say iam in love with the rda :) i found that vaping at 6,5V gives a warm and rich vape, thanx to all for replying; )
2cf3aa62973122b017bd8c656e658b40.jpg

VU Sponsors