Become a Patron!

Looking For Help with choosing a Tank!!!

Okay so I have like 6 mods, and 10 tanks. Tanks are all Smok brand Baby-X Big Baby, and TFV12. anyway..
I Vape for flavor, not for clouds but I like a nice cloud also. I am not new to this I have a little experience, but I can not find a tank that can handle my draw time and vape frequency. So I am asking for some help from the community.. What is a tank and coil I can use for a 3+ Second Draw? and I can burn through a tank of juice in an hour.. I use a lot of pre made juice from Vape Wild, Central Vapor, CuttWood, and MonsterJam. I burn a coil up at least once a day. I know how to prep a coil, I get the cotton moist, and fill the tank and let it rest about 30 minutes or more.. take a few " flamless " draws, and some short quick puffs on low wattage. then I get anywhere from an hour to day or two out of a coil. but eventually I get the " burnt Cotton " taste, and its done. I am tired of wasting Juice and Coils. Please if someone has a fail proof coil and tank set up, give me some ideas.. Thank You..
P.S. I have the following mods, Smok T-Priv, eleaf iStick Power, Vaporesso Revenger X, Smoant Charon TC 218, and Sigeili Snowwolf Vfeng 230. ( I have multiple of some of these )

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For your style of vaping, I would seriously consider an RDA. If you don't want to do builds, etc, maybe take a closer look at the coils you are using. The TVF12 Cloud Beast king is top of the food chain (wattage wise), and the v12 coil (.15) should be able to handle your demands. IMHO, the Horizontech Arco II has the best flavor, due to the best coil on the market, the T6 flax paper .2 ohm. The Uwell Valyrian tank is also a solid choice now that it has a few coil options. Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck, and welcome to VU.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As stated above, sounds like your ready for a RDA. I couldn't imagine keeping coils for 10 tanks. I thought keeping coils for the 3 tanks the get light use was bad. LOL
The other two tanks I just don't have coils for since they are "shelved".

So I did some research.. I guess I don't really understand how and RDA works.. There Does not seem to be a reserve tank? So you have to just vape til the cotton is dry, then re apply?

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I did some research.. I guess I don't really understand how and RDA works.. There Does not seem to be a reserve tank? So you have to just vape til the cotton is dry, then re apply?
Well before the cotton is dry. RDTA or a RBA deck for your tanks and you will have the tank part you like. You would have to look and decide which one you like or want to try. I prefer RDA, I have all of them and if dripping doesn't fit in for the days activity's I use a tank or my RDTA.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I prefer tanks, myself, though I do have an RDTA. My biggest complaint about the one I have, Serpent RDTA, is that it only holds 2ml, so it needs filling pretty frequently. The tanks I use don't necessarily have the same type airflow as the ones you're used to using, I prefer a more airy MTL type draw. I get great flavor, though, using an Ammit 22mm RTA and an Aromamizer Supreme (with the airflow closed down a lot).

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@vapeshop704 I take much longer pulls than you do with an average of 6-7 second pulls and use many different tanks from the Nautilus Mini and the baby Beast to the Rafale and the Pangu. I am thinking you need to go for TC because even though I can get 5,000 puffs out of a Baby Beast X4 on average I get an ungodly length of time out of my Rafale and Pangu coils. Good luck!

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
RTA is what you're looking at. And since you're going for flavor, I'll recommend the aromamizer RDta by steam crave but in reality its an rta lol. 6ml tank amazing flavor. Rebuildables can be customized to your own preferences. However you would have to look up some guides on how to build, or at least on how to install prebuilt coils, and of course probably practice a bit. But the moment you get that down, you'll be in heaven. I personally would go with the old school aromamizer, but steam crave has lots of different varieties. The old aromamizer however you can find for literally $5 at vaporbiz. With that you won't waste a lot of money and could see if you like it. Reason I suggest that, I was just like you all about flavor, but couldn't find a great setup till now. Wish somebody would have suggested that to me at the beginning. I'm not affiliated with any of the vendors or manufacturer's, just stating what worked for me. Gl.

My husband got converted too, he literally sworn by his rebuild able ceramic tank, till I gave him that aromamizer. He can't build and don't care of learning it, so I'm building it for him. He vapes very sweet juices at high wattage, takes 5-7 second hits (not even kidding) every 3 days I exchange his cotton and clean the coils. A full tank lasts him half a day, I can go about a day even if chain vaping. You build the coils in the bottom, fill the tank, screw cap on an good to go. This is defiantly easier then most top build rdtas or rda, specially if you're working and can't refill/drip constantly. Thought I would throw that in here, to show you don't need to gain master skills to use something like that, and save some money on the way.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors