Become a Patron!

Looking for high capacity MTL tank

Hi guys,

As the title says I'm looking for a tank suitable for MTL vaping with high capacity and preferable RBA.
I'm kinda new to vaping (not even 2 months yet) but I've gone through loads of tanks but most of them were DL and even though they taste great and make huge clouds I just miss the intimacy of MTL.
I picked up a used eXvape eXpromizer 1.3 built with an 1.9 ohm coil which is my godly standard go-to tank along with the Kanger Subtank Mini also built with an 1.9 ohm coil. I love these two but since I have like 10 DL tanks now I'd like to get a few more MTLs too. I'm using a Smok Alien 220W mod.
What I have for MTL but don't really like:
  • Cubis Pro - it just doesn't work for me. The only good use I can make of it is with the 0.6 (aka Joyetech AIO) coil and while it's not bad that way it's not great either. Does almost the same as my AIO which I don't hate but don't like either.
  • Nautilus 2 - I hate the small capacity, I go through it within 2-3 rounds of vaping and while I'm not picky with refilling it's just becoming too much of a hassle
I'm willing to pay big for something that's really great. I've been thinking Kayfun v5 but I've heard some bad stuff and because I live in Hungary I'd have to order it from overseas possibly due to TPD.
TL;DR: what higher capacity MTL tank would you recommend me to check out?
Cheers!

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys,

As the title says I'm looking for a tank suitable for MTL vaping with high capacity and preferable RBA.
I'm kinda new to vaping (not even 2 months yet) but I've gone through loads of tanks but most of them were DL and even though they taste great and make huge clouds I just miss the intimacy of MTL.
I picked up a used eXvape eXpromizer 1.3 built with an 1.9 ohm coil which is my godly standard go-to tank along with the Kanger Subtank Mini also built with an 1.9 ohm coil. I love these two but since I have like 10 DL tanks now I'd like to get a few more MTLs too. I'm using a Smok Alien 220W mod.
  • Cubis Pro - it just doesn't work for me. The only good use I can make of it is with the 0.6 (aka Joyetech AIO) coil and while it's not bad that way it's not great either. Does almost the same as my AIO which I don't hate but don't like either.
  • Nautilus 2 - I hate the small capacity, I go through it within 2-3 rounds of vaping and while I'm not picky with refilling it's just becoming too much of a hassle
I'm willing to pay big for something that's really great. I've been thinking Kayfun v5 but I've heard some bad stuff and because I live in Hungary I'd have to order it from overseas possibly due to TPD.
Cheers!
If you can get it, go for the Kayfun 5. I've had one for about a year now and it's my favorite tank. It's versatile and can accommodate many styles of vaping. If you want a tight draw get the MTL kit for it.With a 4 ml capacity at 16w I leave my juice bottle at home. No need for carrying extra batteries either. The flavor is amazing.
I'm not sure about the TPD rules but if you can't get the Authentic you might be able to get a clone from China. They don't care about the TPD. For $24 USD. It might be worth the risk. Check out 3fvape. The best 1:1 clone is the SMJY version.

Thanks for the replies!
I'm thinking about the Kayfun 5 but heard terrible things about it lately.
I have a TFV12 but can it really do MTL? I have the rebuildable dual coil head but I really doubt I can set the airflow tight enough to make it good for MTL. CigPet ECO 12 also seems to be built heavily towards DL.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Terrible things in what regard?

I'm the kind of person that, when I find gear I really enjoy, I kind of stick to it for a long time. I picked up a K5 in a trade sometime last year and only recently put it together, lol. Gotta say, I really enjoyed it, but then my dumb ass knocked it over while rewicking and broke the glass. Prior to that, I didn't get a single leak from it, really good flavor, easy to build on. I do prefer a shorter tank, but it would last me an entire 10 hour work day, and really didn't look bad, at all, on my Pico mod.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Theres also the Maganus Cloud blaster by Vapeston, that you can dial down the (top) air flow on, I am mainly MTL and use the .2 coil, this big boy is great, with a whopping 5 ml capacity tank, Good luck with your search:wave:

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the replies!
I have a TFV12 but can it really do MTL? I have the rebuildable dual coil head but I really doubt I can set the airflow tight enough to make it good for MTL. CigPet ECO 12 also seems to be built heavily towards DL.
Terrible lies are what you have heard. Seriously what have you heard? It probably one of the easiest RTAs to build and wick. I get Zero, yes zero leaking from it. It also has amazing flavor. 4ml juice / 5 with the SS tank. It has a mtl kit (3 options) plus one with the stock airflow. That hits every check box on my list that I'm looking for. I've had it for a year no issues.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys,

Cheers!
This response might sound crazy but maybe an original Aspire Nautilus with 1.8 ohm Triton Mini Clapton Replacement Coils.
This is probably 1 of my favorite MTL vapes and it holds 5ml of e-liquid.
The Clone-buki gives a bit more flavor using the same coil but only holds 3ml of e-liquid.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ego One Mega with CLR 1.0 ohm coils which are rebuildable is a good choice for MTL. Tanks using CLR coils have now replaced my Nautilus Mini, Triton Mini, and Kabucki clone as my ADV. Kayfun V3/ clone is nice as well, though a bit airier than I like, my old V2+ has a tighter draw. The Kayfun V5 is very airy, without inserts and from some who've used the inserts I've heard it's still not a tight draw (I have the inserts but they don't fit my SXK clone, have a bigger neck from FT to try with the inserts but haven't done it yet). The kayfuns I mentioned aren't large capacity, the ego one Mega is.

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Smok Spirals Plus holds 4ml and has an 0.6 ohm mtl coil option.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smok Spirals Plus holds 4ml and has an 0.6 ohm mtl coil option.
Don't get me wrong I adore my Spirals Plus Tank.
But it is more of a Restricted DI* type than it is a MTL type.
Great flavor too but I feel the Nautilus with the 1.8ohm Clapton Coils is a better option for MTL.

VU Sponsors