Become a Patron!

Looking for high end small single 18650/2x700 DNA or YiHi

Which is a better small single battery mod

• Total voters

HighSAMurai

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive been considering the Mirage DNA75C or SX Mini SL class 100w mod any suggestions i need something small,good in TC,sturdy,single 18650 or 2X700 any suggestions?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on where you live. Evolv or Yihi are the top-end; Evolv in the US is well known for repair-service - afaik, YiHi just sells a mod and has no CS.

I've only one single-cell mod: a older M-class - I can get at least a work-day out of a single cell, (since breaks are rare), and often two or 3. It gets vaped on the road to/from work - but then, at home, I switch over to the Vt133's.

Frankly, I don't want any more single-cell mods at all. The Vt133, the ds-style and Noisy Cricket - all are dual and all are reliable. Indeed, an NC is almost smaller than a regulated single-cell.

All that being said, only the Evolv 'C' boards can manage Replay - although RUMINT sez "YiHi has a BIG announcement coming up", (by the next expo, I guess). Frankly, I am not all that fond of TC.. I run everything in wattage or curve-modes.

I'd also point out that the USB-charge ports are always a weak-link in designs, YiHi even warranties it for a shorter time than the rest of the mod.. And, I prefer honest battery-sleds over thread-capped tubes. YMMV

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have several DNA mods, I use the Smoant Cyon the most....just a piece of shit from china, but it does TC just as well, is cheap as hell, and it's been going strong since I bought it, more than a year ago if memory serves me correct.

I have been using both and basically prefer the mirage. Main reason being the size and the weight. Also I find the DNA color boards far easier to use.

The sx looks superb but has this top heavy problem and it can topple over quite easily. On the battery side, the sx lasts just a bit more than the DNA, but nothing significant.

One more advantage to the mirage is that you can use up to a 21700 but the sx can do only a single 18650 and even so is slightly heavier and bulkier.

Hope this helps

HighSAMurai

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been using both and basically prefer the mirage. Main reason being the size and the weight. Also I find the DNA color boards far easier to use.

The sx looks superb but has this top heavy problem and it can topple over quite easily. On the battery side, the sx lasts just a bit more than the DNA, but nothing significant.

One more advantage to the mirage is that you can use up to a 21700 but the sx can do only a single 18650 and even so is slightly heavier and bulkier.

Hope this helps
This is the kind of info im looking for ,weight isnt much of a concern to me,and my atomizer is made of Titanium so it doesnt add much ,size is really my only concern cause i need something small enough cause this will be replacing my tarot nano with a built in battery. 21700 is a plus on the mirage but i do like how the yihis look tho. Antoher question i had was how is the tc on either i read up online that the sx mini sl class needs pulsed and tc is inconsistent due to it being temperature protection accurate while the dna handles temp control as actual temperature control and not as temp protection

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the kind of info im looking for ,weight isnt much of a concern to me,and my atomizer is made of Titanium so it doesnt add much ,size is really my only concern cause i need something small enough cause this will be replacing my tarot nano with a built in battery. 21700 is a plus on the mirage but i do like how the yihis look tho. Antoher question i had was how is the tc on either i read up online that the sx mini sl class needs pulsed and tc is inconsistent due to it being temperature protection accurate while the dna handles temp control as actual temperature control and not as temp protection
SL class is a 21700 mod. DNA75C is only 89% efficient. Youl'll get better battery life out of the SL class

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mc4oIeW.jpg

Moz8Ms9.jpg

That's a 30mm Helo RTA on top.

VU Sponsors