Become a Patron!

Scorpia939

Member For 1 Year
Hey! thanks for reading, so ive been pretty faithful to the same juice for the past two years and ive deiced to switch it up and try some new things, the only thing i used before was 50/50 VG/PG at 8mg of Nic. Ive been experimenting with different flavors and VG levels but only been buying 3mg to use in my new RDA to really test out flavors instead of going through coil after coil. So the main point of this tread is I have found a wicked flavor Called Jacked Up by Fogged Out Vapes and it is 72/25 VG/PG BUT the at 3mg im not getting any Throat hit, Its a little too smooth for my liking. They only offer it in the 75/25 mixture and between 0-9mg of Nic. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the High VG with completely take away the Throat hit even at 6mg or 9mg?

I am not a cloud chaser, im really more about the flavor and a nice kick to the throat every now and then. Any recommendation on VG/PG and Nic levels would be awesome!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Higher VG juices produce smoother, less throaty hits. Higher PG concentrations produce throatier hits.

You could try adding a little PG base to the juice and seeing if it gets you where you are trying to go. If you got a small bottle of PG base + desired nic you could probably mix it to a 70/30 without noticing a taste difference. Sure some of the mixologist on here could probably tell you how far you can take that without thinning the flavor too much.

Scorpia939

Member For 1 Year
Higher VG juices produce smoother, less throaty hits. Higher PG concentrations produce throatier hits.

You could try adding a little PG base to the juice and seeing if it gets you where you are trying to go. If you got a small bottle of PG base + desired nic you could probably mix it to a 70/30 without noticing a taste difference. Sure some of the mixologist on here could probably tell you how far you can take that without thinning the flavor too much.

Ya I was thinking about that, but I am far from a Mixer lol I may try the 6mg or 9mg of nic to see if that helps out first, I am used to vaping 8 daily so I’m hoping that works first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The VG/PG ratios are likely to be the same with the higher nic concentration. If you want the throat hit you need some PG. It is not hard to add. Below are the steps:

1. Get some 100% PG base with NIC (Pick your brand+nic level)
2. Pour 5% of the total volume into juice (work from there)
3. Shake it like a baby
4. Enjoy.

You can take a small amount out of the bottle and put it in a separate bottle and add 5% of that to test on, if it still taste amazing add 5% more, if it still doesn't suck add 5% more. If you can get 60/40 or even 65/35 you will get a more throatier hit.

Or you can fill your tank and add a few drops to see if it tickles your fancy. PG base + nic is cheap.

Scorpia939

Member For 1 Year
The VG/PG ratios are likely to be the same with the higher nic concentration. If you want the throat hit you need some PG. It is not hard to add. Below are the steps:

3. Shake it like a baby
4. Enjoy.

You can take a small amount out of the bottle and put it in a separate bottle and add 5% of that to test on, if it still taste amazing add 5% more, if it still doesn't suck add 5% more. If you can get 60/40 or even 65/35 you will get a more throatier hit.

Or you can fill your tank and add a few drops to see if it tickles your fancy. PG base + nic is cheap.

Awesome thank you! I’ll probably be doing that, I haven’t been so happy with a flavour in a long time haha

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Awesome thank you! I’ll probably be doing that, I haven’t been so happy with a flavour in a long time haha

I know exactly what you mean. I would do the same but add VG to chill out the throat hit.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

3. Shake it like a baby
4. Enjoy.

+1000 for number three.

I once had a huge dust up with mods because I use that fairly common phrase, lol. Somebody got "offended". :rolleyes:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
+1000 for number three.

I once had a huge dust up with mods because I use that fairly common phrase, lol. Somebody got "offended". :rolleyes:

I fail to see where it is offensive. Suppose someone will always be offended.

VU Sponsors