Become a Patron!

Looking for recommendations

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Hey all,
I've been using the IPV8 for a few months now, but all of the sudden it will not stop firing. So, in the mean time I'm using the ol' reliable IPV3Li. Mod still works like a champ, but too bulky and I need something new.

I vape a dripper at 150 watts on a .15 ohm coil setup. I want a 2 battery mod that can handle this, is in the $50 range, and will last. I will not buy another Wismec mod as I have had two different ones die prematurely. I always had good experiences with the Poineer4u mods until the IPV8, but now I'm iffy on Pioneer so I'm thinking I'll want to stay away from that one as well.

Can anyone give any recommendations that will fit this criteria?

Thanks,
B

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I like what I'm seeing about that one. Going to give it a go. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Battlestar is nice, but at 150w, battery life will be a good bit less than the ipv 3 li. Just so you are prepared to carry another set of batteries, and turn it off when not using.

Too bad the ipv 3 li can't be repackaged into something more rounded off. At least it is not heavy.

I don't own a Minikin but hear good things. I am looking to get an Aspire Speeder, maybe Cyber Monday.

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Battlestar is nice, but at 150w, battery life will be a good bit less than the ipv 3 li. Just so you are prepared to carry another set of batteries, and turn it off when not using.

Too bad the ipv 3 li can't be repackaged into something more rounded off. At least it is not heavy.

I don't own a Minikin but hear good things. I am looking to get an Aspire Speeder, maybe Cyber Monday.
I always have two sets of spare batteries with me, so I'm not to worried about the battery life. I'm curious, though. The Battlestar and Ipv3 are both two battery mods. Why do you say battery life will be reduced with the Battlestar?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Speeder is another one to look into 3V cut off took it all the way up to 200w with no issues 3 months in ish still working like a charm ...don’t bother with the kit though tank isn’t all that great

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been loving my Aleader Funky 160. Like the fact I can get different color resin battery doors to make a nice matchy set up. 25 mm attys fit perfect on top.

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I have the Battlestar on the way. Hopefully it will work out.

VU Sponsors