Become a Patron!

looking for regulated squonk mod 50 to 100 dollar range.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, looking for some advice from the pros....I'm looking for a squonk mod I know I may not be able to check all the boxes, but I'd like to check as many as I can.I'd like it to be
a regulated device
it only needs to go to about 40-50 watts
Dependability and well built
good board
I'd love it if the bottle was a front squeeze and not a side panel.
comfortable in the hand.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm still looking for that perfect regulated mod in that price range also, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A lot of folks I have faith in are loving the RSQ - the price is right, though the squonk hole is on the door and not a real looker

Don't have one myself, but would definitely put it at the top of the list if I wasn't mainly a mech user

If you are a DNA kind of guy, the Therion is very well built -

The two issues I didn't like about it: the heft and it sucked batteries dry even with my tootle puffing ways on the battery conservation mode

Also, you have to remove the attie to take out the battery or it turns into a wrestling match that sometimes rips the battery wrap

But, it has an excellent fill system and is a handsome mod IMO

The Hcigar Inbox is very nice; regular DNA75 (not C) so a little better battery life. The newer ones supposedly have a better bottle than the OG, which was a little stiff

I'm not wild about the squonk bottle being in the middle of the door, but it is a solid mod

IME, any included attie with squonk mods are pure garbage

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of folks I have faith in are loving the RSQ - the price is right, though the squonk hole is on the door and not a real looker

Don't have one myself, but would definitely put it at the top of the list if I wasn't mainly a mech user

The two issues I didn't like about it: the heft and it sucked batteries dry even with my tootle puffing ways on the battery conservation mode

Also, you have to remove the attie to take out the battery or it turns into a wrestling match that sometimes rips the battery wrap

The Hcigar Inbox is very nice; regular DNA75 (not C) so a little better battery life. The newer ones supposedly have a better bottle than the OG, which was a little stiff

I'm not wild about the squonk bottle being in the middle of the door, but it is a solid mod

I can vouch for the RSQ. It’s a good looking, dependable mod with a decent chip. It’s been my go to for the last couple months.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

yeah I always thought the Therion was a good looking mod,

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, looking for some advice from the pros....I'm looking for a squonk mod I know I may not be able to check all the boxes, but I'd like to check as many as I can.I'd like it to be
a regulated device
it only needs to go to about 40-50 watts
Dependability and well built
good board
I'd love it if the bottle was a front squeeze and not a side panel.
comfortable in the hand.
rsq ftw. I have 2 in daily rotation since late last year along with 3 mech squonks. I plan to buy a couple more eventually to replace the mechs depending on how some of these other new ones that have been announced get reviewed by real world customers and not the YT shills.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the looks of the RSQ - mostly - but that price is about $30 more than I'd spend on it.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the looks of the RSQ - mostly - but that price is about $30 more than I'd spend on it.
yeah squonk mod pricing is really out of whack with the rest of the market. I have dual and triple battery mods made with similar materials that cost half as much.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the new Vandy Vape Pulse 80w is the regulated squonker I've been waiting for. Should be out soon?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think the new Vandy Vape Pulse 80w is the regulated squonker I've been waiting for. Should be out soon?

Hard to say since the big blow up between VV and VP and TonyB

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Apparently still coming just not with the gene chip. Vandy Vape did their own chip set

I'm kinda shying away from it - let others be the guinea pig on this one

Could turn out great, average or meh, who knows

I do know the first Pulse mech was the worst squonker I ever owned, and I've had quite a few

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
089251EE-C8E5-4F03-9C6F-44FA5B53F520.jpeg

If it is for home squonking.....Geekvape GBox.

For out and around running errands.......not so much.

I’m only cranking 35 wattts on a 0.6 build. At those numbers, battery life in this mod is pretty good.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah squonk mod pricing is really out of whack with the rest of the market. I have dual and triple battery mods made with similar materials that cost half as much.
I think it compares with the Billet-box clones - artificially high, and they just can't envision anyone bypassing them.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For out and around running errands.......not so much.

It is somewhat clunky - especially if you are used to little pocket rockets, lol

But it vapes and squonks like a champ

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I'm kinda shying away from it - let others be the guinea pig on this one

Could turn out great, average or meh, who knows

I do know the first Pulse mech was the worst squonker I ever owned, and I've had quite a few

CD7FCCAB-314F-49A5-B117-FDD38260F892.jpeg

Being a “guinea pig” for new vaping products is frowned upon at The Cromwell Vaping Academy of Frugality.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't find the Gbox "that big" - just a variation:
IMG_20180417_153516978.jpg

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
clunky.jpg It depends on what you are used to - its still the size of a triple and I find it heavy and onerous as a carry

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to say since the big blow up between VV and VP and TonyB

I don't give one rats red ass about the infighting with the various Chinese vape companies. I just care if the mod works and no matter the chip it's not that hard to do wattage mode. I know TC take a little more effort to get right, but TC is too complex for my simple brain.

I'm also the weird one that likes the Pulse mech box. It's not the mod I vape the most, but every so often I like the fact that it doesn't hit hard and sometimes the softer vape is just right.

I've been looking forward to the regulated Pulse box. I don't know Tony and will likely never meet nor hang with the guy, but the way I vape seems similar to his style so I've liked most of the stuff he's put out.

That said my wasp/picos see the most action and second is a tie with the Inbox and a pair hugo squeezers with Pulse 22's.

Dropmyload

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Following...I also have a g box and am looking for something a little easier to carry around. I have ordered a Pico squeeze, but not sure I know how to use a mech correctly.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Following...I also have a g box and am looking for something a little easier to carry around. I have ordered a Pico squeeze, but not sure I know how to use a mech correctly.

PIco has a lot of built in protections and the Mosfet - so you'll be fine; use a quality battery and stay within safe building limits

Dropmyload

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PIco has a lot of built in protections and the Mosfet - so you'll be fine; use a quality battery and stay within safe building limits
Thanks. I need to read up on mosfet and what that is.

I use sony vtc 6.

And normally vape at around 0.5 ohms, hope that works with the Pico.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I need to read up on mosfet and what that is.

I use sony vtc 6.

And normally vape at around 0.5 ohms, hope that works with the Pico.

Perf :wave:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A Mosfet is a digital relay or switch: a low power circuit using a lightweight switch can then control a higher power circuit with that digital switch. No arcing, and none of that $50 mechanical-switch stuff.

VU Sponsors