Become a Patron!

Looking for suggestions, total newb to vaping

Pack a day smoker. Ive quit in the past, nicotine is less of issue than the habit of holding a cig, the actual physical part of smoking is hard for me to kick. Been looking at tons of stuff, I do NOT want a box at this time. Im looking at the egoone, ijust2, and the sorts. Questions; quality? ease of replacement parts, battery life, do I need vt/vv/vw? I know I'll need extra coils, maybe a tank, and of course juice. Been reading a lot, great forum!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Both the egoonne and Ijust are good quality. Do you need vv/vw...no you don't. If you are solely looking to quit And want to mimick a cigarette experience, innokin makes a product with the sole design purpose is to vape as close to a way a cigarette smokes as hey could get
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin-Endura-T18-Starter-Kit-p/ink-end10.htm

Just add juice and extra coils.

They have a t22 on the same site that will have longer battery life, but you said you wanted to avoid a box. The two you mentioned and this one are all great quality, well made products.
Best of luck to you, and congrats on deciding to quit!!!

Thank you! I did look at this as well. The few shops close to me have boxes, or small pens, and scoff at these devices. They push boxes that they want 60-100 bucks for. Pushier than a used car salesman...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you! I did look at this as well. The few shops close to me have boxes, or small pens, and scoff at these devices. They push boxes that they want 60-100 bucks for. Pushier than a used car salesman...

Well, some shops will do that. Others will set you up as best they can to fit you and try and earn you as long term juice customer. At the stage you're at its tricky, and vaping has so many different styles. Some prefer to vape the way you are looking at others like the high wattage cloud stuff and some are in the middle.
The good thing is we know what your style is so its easier to nail down what you'll like.
If you want the draw and pull from a cigarette I think the endura will fit you better than the egoonne or Ijust. If I'm not mistaken those two are to fit people that want a looser pull with more vapor.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

found a new short review for you

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a -- "selection" (for lack of a better term) to grab at this point. But when I "feel like a cigarette" I grab for the first thing I had -- The eGo ONE 2600mAh with a 1 ohm coil. I usually keep it loaded with something with a good throat hit (That1Vape's "Cinnamon Apples" at this point) and drag off that for a few.

If it helps at all -- I bought that kit on January 1st, just after buying my usual 2 cartons of Marb Special Blend Golds. About a week later, I sold those two unopened cartons to my neighbor. The pack I opened that day lasted me the entire month of January and I didn't even really need those. Actually, they tasted disgusting and I'm not even sure why I eventually finished it off. "Closure" I guess...

Anyway -- Have the iJust 2 kit also (and several iJust 2 tanks). It's nice -- 22mm, so more typical tanks "fit" it right. Goes down to 0.3 ohms (eGo down to 0.5) if that's important. I was burning a lot of eLeaf and Atlantis coils on those tanks so I recently went to Vaporesso cCELL coils on two of those tanks. FAN-F'ING-TASTIC coils -- But the iJust 2 (and eGo ONE) battery just doesn't have the juice to make 'em hum. That said - The 0.5 Atlantis coils worked fairly well with that rig if I poked the cotton with a needle before priming (it's all over YouTube... Yeah, it works).

For the record -- Pretty much stayed at 6mg nic for the first couple weeks. Now I'm between 0 and 3mg. And stairs don't bug me anymore. Best of luck - but you won't need it. You've got this.

Last edited:

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would probably get as high of a nic level as you can. People sometimes fret about nic levels when nic is honestly the least harmful chemical in a cig. It is frankly on the same level as caffine. Vaping a higher nic wont hurt ya and from personal experience starting at a higher nic level 5 years ago kept me vaping. Most juices are VG heavy now which cuts the throat hit down and the higher nic level will help kick it back up a bit. You dont process nic as well from vapor as with smoke so you really wanna try to curb the craving and for me the higher nic level really helped with that as I have not smoked since and currently vape 3-6 mg.

Hell I was vaping close to 30 mg back then but the gear is much better these days so a good 12 to 18 should do ya right as those kits while a good vape wont hit quite as hard as a full featured mod with a sun tank. Just some food for thought. The plus side is if you do find the nic level is to high which I dount you can buy a matching bottle of lower nic juice and just mix them together to drop the overall level.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking you might best be served by an ego type system well kind of an ego.I'd say go with an iClick.

Heck here's a pic
IMG_0090.JPG

From left to right.
An Actual King Sized Cigarette.
A somewhat standard Stick E-Cigarette.
An Inferno (An Ego Type) with a Lava Tank (A F-16 Type slim cartomizer tank).
A Vamo with an AGR Cartomizer Tank.

EDIT: Keep in mind that ego style stuff is going to get harder and harder to find.Unless you have a source of unlimited cash flow you might want to get something bigger like that Vamo2 there in the pic.

Possibly even that Endura that firebird recommended.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah yeah I know I just freaking posted but that Endura 22 looks super sweet.I know my wife went gaga over the blue 1 when she saw it.I'll probably pick up the black 1 for myself as yet another weekend runaround mod.Yep that's the plan it's shortlist approved.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah yeah I know I just freaking posted but that Endura 22 looks super sweet.I know my wife went gaga over the blue 1 when she saw it.I'll probably pick up the black 1 for myself as yet another weekend runaround mod.Yep that's the plan it's shortlist approved.
I hate agreeing with certain reviewers, but, on this one they got it right.
For a smoker looking to quit, it is ideal. Easy to use, no bullshit, the draw is almost exactly like a cigarette and the flavor is good.
If it was out when we switched, I would probably still have one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, hoping i didnt over do it. Found a deal on an ego one vt, it should be here early next week. Ordered a 5 pack of the .5 coils as well. My wife stopped by the local vape shop (i re kindled her interest) to get new clearomizers for her old pen style vape. She came home with an ijust2, and couple of 6mg nic flavors. We both choke out on the .5 ohm coil; switched to the 1 ohm and it wasnt as bad, flavors good, just gonna take a while to get used to the vapor.

VU Sponsors