Become a Patron!

Looking for the best tutorial on how to mix with a scale.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that says it all...VU thread or youtube...I want to start mixing using a scale and get rid of all these beakers.also an online calculator for mixing with scale. thanks all.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've Ejuicemeup and it calculates by grams if desired, and another program called Juice Calculator from diyjuicecalculator.com that also does. Always used and prefer the first. I'm sure there are others.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ditto. I just use a calculator. Plug in the values, drop drop drop, til I have the required amount, and tare between each flavoring. You'll soon wonder why you didn't mix by weight sooner. That's how I felt, at least.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kills me at times is that I am a scaleman. I can build a scale using the finest of load cells, best instrumentation that can be programmed to remember formulas and all data needed. But I must be lazy. I still mix with syringes. :crazy:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You'll need a scale that measures to .01 grams. You don't need anything fancy, at all. I use a pocket size digital scale that was about $15. Some do have auto shut off, some use batteries, some plug in. Mine is battery operated, DOES have auto shut off, but it's never affected what I'm working on. I just don't answer the phone, or deal with disruptions until I'm done with a mix.

This is the little do-dad I have.
Horizon Ds-19 Digital Pocket Scale, Precision Jewelry Scale, 500g By 0.01g

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What kills me at times is that I am a scaleman. I can build a scale using the finest of load cells, best instrumentation that can be programmed to remember formulas and all data needed. But I must be lazy. I still mix with syringes. :crazy:
If you're lazy, use a scale, LOL! So much less work, and virtually no clean up.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To compensate I just mix a couple hundred ml at a time of what I normally vape. I don't deviate much. That much juice will last me almost 3 months.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that says it all...VU thread or youtube...I want to start mixing using a scale and get rid of all these beakers.also an online calculator for mixing with scale. thanks all.
This thread up in the stickies is what got me going on mixing by weight: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/guide-to-mixing-by-weight.22891/

This is the calculator that I use, it does require a windows pc. http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

There are Android apps for juice calculators as well, not sure about iOS.

This online calc works great also and a lot of flavors have the correct weight though most use 1 gram per ml. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

swagger21

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'll need a scale that measures to .01 grams. You don't need anything fancy, at all. I use a pocket size digital scale that was about $15. Some do have auto shut off, some use batteries, some plug in. Mine is battery operated, DOES have auto shut off, but it's never affected what I'm working on. I just don't answer the phone, or deal with disruptions until I'm done with a mix.

This is the little do-dad I have.
Horizon Ds-19 Digital Pocket Scale, Precision Jewelry Scale, 500g By 0.01g
Same scale I have. Fits perfectly on the back f the desk taking up little space until I need it for mixing

VU Sponsors