Become a Patron!

looking on advice for a variable wattage vape

sk7175

Member For 4 Years
i've been vaping for a year now and looking for my first nice vape. considering either the 134 mini or the svd2. i dont use drip tips or sub ohm,just basic vaping to keep me off smokes. any thoughts on these vapes or suggestions would be appreciated. i currently have the emow mega.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, do you have a budget in mind?

And are you dead set on tube mods?

sk7175

Member For 4 Years
i'm looking to stay under 150 for a complete setup, including batteries. i'm leaning tube because i figure it would be easier to carry around.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i'm looking to stay under 150 for a complete setup, including batteries. i'm leaning tube because i figure it would be easier to carry around.

Have you had a chance hold an SVD 2.0 ?

I own the Innokin SVD 2.0. It's built solid and performs well. It's tall compared to other tube mods. Sometimes to tall with a tank on top. Not trying to discourage you.

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want a tube, but want nice power and such I'd refer you to what I have: the Cloupor T5

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Screen-Shot-2015-05-18-at-1.00.37-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2015-05-18-at-1.00.46-PM-225x300.png

Colors: Black/Red, White/Red

Use coupon code: VS20 to get the Kanger Subox Kit for only $58 with FREE SHIPPING!

Kanger Subox Kit Features:

• 1x KBox Mini
  • 1x Subtank Mini
  • 1x OCC 0.5 subohm coi
  • 1x 1.5 ohm coil
  • 1x RBA Mini Plus Base
  • 1x Manual
  • 2x RBA desk screw, 2x cover screw
  • 1x screwdriver
  • Japanese Cotton sheet
  • USB Cable
ETA: end of May 2015/early June 2015
How about this ? Just a thought. A lot of people seem to like the Kangar stuff. This comes from vape-street.com

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just realized someone has a thread on this that's like $9.00 cheaper. Oh well it's nice to look at the pictures lol. Vape-Street has been dependable though!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last edited:

sk7175

Member For 4 Years
only that a tube vape seems more portable. i defiinatly want removable batteries, i've had enough of my evods

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
only that a tube vape seems more portable. i defiinatly want removable batteries, i've had enough of my evods
See, I find tubes to be less portable
All three of these are carrying an 18650 and the tube has the smallest tank,
temporary_zpsej8yuy9s.jpg

Not trying to do anything more than help you make an informed decision, a good mod is an important purchase.
The box has the tallest tank, and for me the most portable

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Screen-Shot-2015-05-17-at-7.10.26-AM.png

How about this ? Fill it and go. No playing around with voltages and wattages. You'll get clouds and flavor with this combo!
Matrix Sub Ohm Kit Features:
-Output Wattage: 40w
-Supports 0.25-3.5Ω
-2000 mAh Battery Capacity
-Power display (VBAT LED color)

-Micro USB charging port
-5 clicks on/off
-Length: 94mm
-Diameter: 21mm
-Net Weight: 77g

Packaging includes:
-Matrix Tank

-Matrix Battery
-0.2ohm & 0.6ohm coil
-Charge cable
Matrix Sub Ohm Kit
$65.00 $45.00

Matrix Sub Ohm Kit Features:
-Output Wattage: 40w
-Supports 0.25-3.5Ω
-2000 mAh Battery Capacity
-Power display (VBAT LED color)
Again Vape -street on sale $45.00 ! That's pretty good if you ask me. Just my opinion

sk7175

Member For 4 Years
See, I find tubes to be less portable
All three of these are carrying an 18650 and the tube has the smallest tank,
temporary_zpsej8yuy9s.jpg

Not trying to do anything more than help you make an informed decision, a good mod is an important purchase.
The box has the tallest tank, and for me the most portable
never seen that comparison before. i guess i better learn a little more

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes check it out. There's so much stuff out there. Find what you like and what other people that are actually using it think then scour the web for the lowest price! Lot of good people and info here!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
never seen that comparison before. i guess i better learn a little more
Well. Just want to make sure you know what and why you're looking at certain things.
Theres things like this,... its a 40w mod that literally fits n the oalm of my hand but, the battery is not removable, the black box in my line up, up there is just a bit taller with a removable battery
temporary_zps40idzf6t.jpg

and the paint job I did have done somewhere when you buy them they are black without graphics, just want you to see how small and portable, this whole setup fits in my shirt pocket

sk7175

Member For 4 Years
Well. Just want to make sure you know what and why you're looking at certain things.
Theres things like this,... its a 40w mod that literally fits n the oalm of my hand but, the battery is not removable, the black box in my line up, up there is just a bit taller with a removable battery
temporary_zps40idzf6t.jpg

and the paint job I did have done somewhere when you buy them they are black without graphics, just want you to see how small and portable, this whole setup fits in my shirt pocket
who makes that sx mini?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
who makes that sx mini?
Yihiecigar, makes those and several chips in other mods as well.
they run about 200$-225$ depending on where you go. They have the previous model, which is almost identical only without the temp limiting around 180-190, but those have gotten harder to find than a white elephant.

sk7175

Member For 4 Years
Yihiecigar, makes those and several chips in other mods as well.
they run about 200$-225$ depending on where you go. They have the previous model, which is almost identical only without the temp limiting around 180-190, but those have gotten harder to find than a white elephant.
ouch!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It is a bit, pricey, but I'm more of a hobbyist these days. I used it just to show you the size comparison with mod styles, and I don't have another c-frame.

This right here I think you would totally dig!
Its not a removable battery, but if you charged it or topped it off during the day, say at your desk, you should be good.
40w, nice looking, innokin
http://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INK-CF402

Its also 100$ under budget :)

sk7175

Member For 4 Years
It is a bit, pricey, but I'm more of a hobbyist these days. I used it just to show you the size comparison with mod styles, and I don't have another c-frame.

This right here I think you would totally dig!
Its not a removable battery, but if you charged it or topped it off during the day, say at your desk, you should be good.
40w, nice looking, innokin
http://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INK-CF402

Its also 100$ under budget :)
but i gotta be able to carry a spare battery or end up carring 2 vapes like i do now

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Depends on how hard you run it, plus it has an onboard charger where you can top it off with any microusb cable
2000 mag at 30w even with a sub ohm tank would last a good while.
But if thats your concern
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Sigelei-Mini-30W-Black-p/sig-30mb.htm
That one with an 18650 would last you all day. What and how do You vape now
Becausee they also have a 50w
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Sigelei-50W-VR2-Box-Mod-p/sig-50v2b.htm

Really though what are you using now? That ego probably has a smaller battery than the innokin.

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know its not a tube, but for size vs performance/cost, I really don't think you can beat the Sigelei 30w. My first removable battery mod. Solidly built (Trust me on this one. If something is a carry all day device for me, its bound to get treated roughly. I'm a clumsy guy), good price, good features (except I hate the 5 slot memory function) and pocket sized. I have a Sigelei 150W that I thought would completely replace it, but I still use the 30W daily for RTAs

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Check out the eleaf istick 50w. It has a total of 4400 mah battery capacity. Price is under 60 shipped. I vape my Atlantis at around 20w but the extra battery capacity was very appealing to me.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That new kbox kit is insanely cheap.
I agree in that box mods are more portable than tubes.
Tubes tend to go diagonal in my pocket and anchor into my pocket haha box mods are more comfortable to travel with.
I travel with the hexohm even to work and even though it has a decent size it is very comfortable in the pocket.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks nice also ! So much stuff out there so hard to decide.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know its not a tube, but for size vs performance/cost, I really don't think you can beat the Sigelei 30w. My first removable battery mod. Solidly built (Trust me on this one. If something is a carry all day device for me, its bound to get treated roughly. I'm a clumsy guy), good price, good features (except I hate the 5 slot memory function) and pocket sized. I have a Sigelei 150W that I thought would completely replace it, but I still use the 30W daily for RTAs

+1 for the sig 30w.
it's about as compact as an 18650 regulated can get.
Just like barkt,I also bought the sig 150 thinking it would be my carry.
I traded it and went back to my 30w and 50w.

VU Sponsors