Become a Patron!

Looking to buy a new vape box kit, any suggestions?

Taking flavour and vapour over life span

• SMOK Prince V12 Maxmesh / Triple mesh

• Freemax Mesh Pro

• Both are not as good as other options. (Suggest an alternative)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
Hey,

I have been using SMOK GX350 with the V8 Cloud Beast for over 6 months now, but it had a rather strange malfunction. The bottom of the tank is now fused to the mod. It just spins infinitely, my guess is that I stripped a thread on either or probably both. It still works, don't get me wrong, it works just as well as it did when I first got it, but I can't clean it properly now.

Unlike many people I am quite happy with SMOK, I like their creative and quite ergonomic product design and decent quality, while their coils aren't going to last weeks on end and are quite expensive, they taste pretty good and produce massive vapour, as well as the fact V8 is compatible with many other brands of coils, I personally went through a pack of Eleaf 300 coils and they worked brilliantly.

So, I am considering SMOK T-priv 3 or I-priv. They both come with the V12 Prince, which I plan, if I do get one, to use with their latest Max mesh / triple mesh coils. These are 3rd gen and allegedly work the best out of the whole line. I looked at SMOK Mag and it looked very promising at first, but then I found a bazillion complaints concerning failures of small parts like the battery compartment constantly falling out or the trigger failing in short time, so a no to that. I am open to suggestions however. Can you recommend me a good vape kit? I would prefer a vape KIT, specifically. Unless you can recommend me a very good combo, I heard Freemax Fireluke Pro or something rather, is quite good and coils aren't too pricey. I don't order things on eBay or Amazon as much anymore, so it would be nice if it was available on Aliexpress. Shipping usually costs as much as the item in many cases, not always thou, things have been improving lately.
Also, does anyone know from personal experience what other coils work with the V12 Prince, if any, the internet is a bit hazy on that front.

Cheers.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
iirr @MannyScoot has some newer sub ohm tanks. Maybe we can get him in here for some show & tell.

I use rebuildables but I recently received FreeMax Mesh Pro and it's great. Also have a look at HorizonTech tanks.

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
I am eyeing FreeMax Mesh Pro quite hard right now actually. It seems to have great reviews, a huge stockpile of coils at Alie, etc. Prince V12 Mesh also has great reviews and that comes in many different kits. I would have to decide on a mod separately if I go for the FreeMax Mesh Pro.
Why not Fireluke? I don't like the way it looks for one and people seem to agree that Mesh Pro is just overall a better tank.
I have had a bad time with HorizonTech, namely their Arco 2 coils that I used in my TFV8, they were underwhelming at best. Little, cold vapour and quite dull taste, the Melo 300, let alone TFV8 SMOK t10 coils beat the hell out of them in terms of performance. Better coil life span thou, but who cares when the vaping experience is not satisfying. I am gonna put up a poll.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
OK.
I'm not voting becasue I don't have 1st hand experience with sub ohms. Just what I've seen/read/user feedback.
Crown 4 has good reviews.

What about Uforce T2? Drag 2 mod comes with and it's a good mod but don't know your taste for aesthetics.
Any non smok mods interest you? lol
If you've been using a dual battery mod, then you'll need 3 new batteries for any 3 battery mod unless you have 3 that are married.
I've been looking at X217 mod but don't know if I'll get it. If I do it will be for 21700 since a dual 18650 would be a little smaller.

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
What about Uforce T2? Drag 2 mod comes with and it's a good mod but don't know your taste for aesthetics.
Built-in battery, so will not do. Also looks like about 90% of the mods on the market, so another no.
I have 6x fresh 18650s HG2, as well as 2 sets of 4x HG2s I used in GX350, also very much alive and kicking. I assume that I would be safe to split those groups of 4s into pairs or triples, keeping the groups of course.
X217 looks promising but, 18650s aren't supported by default, I would have to use an adapter.
Another thing: taking in the fact that GX350 was essentially crippled by a worn out thread, is there like a splitter or a connector that would go between the mod and the tank?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Built-in battery, so will not do. Also looks like about 90% of the mods on the market, so another no.
I have 6x fresh 18650s HG2, as well as 2 sets of 4x HG2s I used in GX350, also very much alive and kicking. I assume that I would be safe to split those groups of 4s into pairs or triples, keeping the groups of course.
X217 looks promising but, 18650s aren't supported by default, I would have to use an adapter.
Another thing: taking in the fact that GX350 was essentially crippled by a worn out thread, is there like a splitter or a connector that would go between the mod and the tank?
Drag MINI is the built in battery. Drag 2 is 2x18650.
Splitter? You mean like something to take the broken one apart? I doubt it.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll have to get new batteries. Not split the ones that have been charged and discharged as pairs. They all 3 have to be charge and discharge at the same rate same time. So one doesn't discharge lower than the other two then vent because it has no juice left and the other 2 are at 70 %. If you see what I mean.

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
You'll have to get new batteries. Not split the ones that have been charged and discharged as pairs. They all 3 have to be charge and discharge at the same rate same time. So one doesn't discharge lower than the other two then vent because it has no juice left and the other 2 are at 70 %. If you see what I mean.
Yes, I do have 6 new batteries. Means I am good for either a 3 battery mod or 2. 2 sets of 3 or 3 sets of 2.
What I am wondering is, I have 2x sets of 4 married batteries, does it mean I can split a set of 4 into 2 sets of 2? Or take 1 battery away in the set and use them as 3?
I used the old batteries in GX350, which is a 4 battery mod.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I do have 6 new batteries. Means I am good for either a 3 battery mod or 2. 2 sets of 3 or 3 sets of 2.
What I am wondering is, I have 2x sets of 4 married batteries, does it mean I can split a set of 4 into 2 sets of 2? Or take 1 battery away in the set and use them as 3?
2x sets of 4 married batteries would be 8 batteries total. With 2 sets of 2 married batteries (4 total) you shouldn't take one from one set to make 3 out of the other set of 2.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
iirr @MannyScoot has some newer sub ohm tanks. Maybe we can get him in here for some show & tell.

I use rebuildables but I recently received FreeMax Mesh Pro and it's great. Also have a look at HorizonTech tanks.
Freemax mesh pro will leak when the top opens up just a millimiter, that upper gasket gets oily and the top slides real easy ..... The best is always the Reload.... So far undefeated...

A good one with good flavor is The Zeus X....
76b57324a5dc72d6d8fb1bdc64c4277b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Freemax mesh pro will leak when the top opens up just a millimiter, that upper gasket gets oily and the top slides real easy ..... The best is always the Reload.... So far undefeated...

But they're looking at sub ohm tanks, unless they want to make the switch.

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
2x sets of 4 married batteries would be 8 batteries total. With 2 sets of 2 married batteries (4 total) you shouldn't take one from one set to make 3 out of the other set of 2.
This is getting confusing, isn't it xD? The thing that I am trying to ascertain is: Let's just consider a single set of 4 batteries, to avoid further confusion. All 4 were charged and discharged together, always. Considering that, can I split this married set of 4 into 2 married sets of 2 and use them together from now on? Or remove 1 single battery, just remove it from the set, and use just 3 together, in the same married set? I am NOT going to ever crisscross the 2 sets that I used with the GX350, I am only wondering if the sets can be split within themselves.

Last edited:

Langrel

Member For 1 Year

I have had some modicum of experience with building, well, assembling an atomizer. I had a TFV8 RBA + Wotofo prebuilt coils combo. Never worked well for me. I could never achieve consistent wicking and flavour. No matter how hard I tried, the setup just couldn't sustain a long draw, long I mean more than like 1 sec. The wick would just ran out of juice.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This is getting confusing, isn't it xD? The thing that I am trying to ascertain is: Let's just consider a single set of 4 batteries, to avoid further confusion. All 4 were charged and discharged together, always. Considering that, can I split this married set of 4 into 2 married sets of 2 and use them together from now on? Or remove 1 single battery, just remove it from the set, and use just 3 together, in the same married set? I am NOT going to ever crisscross the 2 sets that I used with the GX350, I am only wondering if the sets can be split within themselves.
Ah. Yes.
I have had some modicum of experience with building, well, assembling an atomizer. I had a TFV8 RBA + Wotofo prebuilt coils combo. Never worked well for me. I could never achieve consistent wicking and flavour. No matter how hard I tried, the setup just couldn't sustain a long draw, long I mean more than like 1 sec. The wick would just ran out of juice.
That RBA is supposed to be [decent]. I've never owned it. More like an add-on imo vs an atty built for rebuilding from the start.
You'd probably love something like Reload or Zues X or even an easier to build single coiler like Intake, Juggerknot Mini, Elevate, or the new mesh RTA Unity.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
All mods do not discharge the batteries at the same rate. Maybe buy a single 18650 for out and about or use those in a 521 tab or buy a 18650 flashlight.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The rta is not what the op is asking about. Keep it relevant man.well I guess he did say any suggestions.

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
Ah. Yes.

That RBA is supposed to be [decent]. I've never owned it. More like an add-on imo vs an atty built for rebuilding from the start.
You'd probably love something like Reload or Zues X or even an easier to build single coiler like Intake, Juggerknot Mini, Elevate, or the new mesh RTA Unity.

You have hit a bullseye actually, you made me remember something I have literally forgotten about. Before my GX350 fused up, I was plotting my next advancement to be this: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1IR59...er-24mm-with-10pcs-mesh-coil-0-18ohm-vape.jpg

What I liked about Profile at the time it is the fact that the mesh strips would / should be easy to install, as compared to making/installing normal coils, the spring loaded piece will make sure the cotton is always in contact with the mesh, which was one of many issues I had with TFV8 RBA, the wick would just not touch the top of the coil after a short period.
I would have to drip juice constantly, which is something I would probably regret having to constantly do, since my style of vaping is kind of like just making sure I have more than half the juice in the tank and oh, around once a week, I would have to swap out the batteries in my GX350. Also running a Profile would probably be infinitely cheaper than babying coil heads and still see them go sooner than I wish they did.
Now that you brought Unity to my attention, at a glance it looks like the perfect choice for me. Functionality of the Profile RDA, convenience of a sub ohm tank. Best of both worlds.

BUT, but. Subohms like Freemax Mesh and V12 Prince will always wick better. I am 100% sure, without looking, that any of them will get saturated much better and faster than anything I can do with Profile Unity, even if I do get it wicked just right. In a sub ohm tank the coil or coils are essentially submerged in liquid, so they are in a constant state of absorbing juice, the gravity doesn't interfere as much. In TFV8 RBA or Unity or other, the liquid has to climb what looks like a metric f*ckton of thick cotton wick, before it reaches the very top to get to the strip of mesh. Also I am a bugger for chain vaping. I really believe that Unity in theory could be my choice, but I also have doubts.

FreeMax Mesh has been hailed as the best thing there is by none, like before I got GX350, even. The fact that the top cap may slide out of place and juice will leak is a cause for concern but, well, it might be something I might just have to watch out for. Unless I get Prince V12, that literally has a locking button, that will never unlock unintentionally. I would also like to point out that I vape pretty much always indoors and never carry my mods in my pocket, so sudden filling slot unlocking shouldn't really be an issue in theory.

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
To anyone reading, it might seem like I am making a big thing out of this, but do understand, anything I order online, it will take 3 weeks to a month to arrive to my local post office. I can't make a rushed decision.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Nothing like a good plot
Are you in the states?
About wick always in juice - it's that way with an RTA also. Neither are constantly absorbing, only when you pull/take a hit.
An RTA that wicks well will chain vape as much as you want.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But they're looking at sub ohm tanks, unless they want to make the switch.
From Suboms the most used is The Sense Screen, but it's a close tie with the Augvape Skynet, which uses The Falcon mesh coils......
7aac0bf670eee063a5130b88714203f9.jpg
cac606a8f79047e77095e35f40279db8.jpg

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
Are you in the states?
Nah, not quite.

I have another question. I have pretty much exclusively vaped at high wattages, we are talking 140-180w. Some of the tanks I am looking at and their coils are supposed to be vaped at like 40w. What would that mean for me, will I find the vape they produce underwhelming?
I like a warm vape. Does it mean I should be looking at tanks / coils designed for higher wattages?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Nah, not quite.
I have another question. I have pretty much exclusively vaped at high wattages, we are talking 140-180w. Some of the tanks I am looking at and their coils are supposed to be vaped at like 40w. What would that mean for me, will I find the vape they produce underwhelming?
I like a warm vape. Does it mean I should be looking at tanks / coils designed for higher wattages?
That 140-180w range is unusual, maybe not even normal lol. The reason for it is coil design, and not so much for vapor production or warm vape.

With a rebuildable would it be 40w for you? Would it be double that to 80w? Don't know. Just know that bellowing clouds, flavor, and heat can be had at 40-80w and even lower. Just use the right coil for those aspects you like. You could start with a dual coil RTA @ .12-.20Ω and try that at 50-60W and up.

I think this mod would suit you very well. Plenty of power if you go with the higher wattage (I don't think you will) and with 3 batts a lot of run time with lower than that wattage. It's much higher end than anything smok makes,, and some the features it has within the settings are advanced beyond any other on the market. A huge bargain at $105, and while the site linked doesn't have it yet you could always shop around for your best deal.
https://cheapvaping.deals/lost-vape-triade-dna-250c-300w-box-mod

For your first RTA get something easy and forgiving when you wick it.
Top airflow means it won't leak if the wick isn't perfect. This one just came out and has great reviews/user feedback. IMO it's what the Dr ordered and would look great on Triad. The Zeus X that MannyScoot pic'd. You can get it from the same vendor as Triad for $19 using code ZEUSX2.
You can't stack codes on the same order, but you can make more than 1 order since the shipping is free. Edit: shipping may not be free.
https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvape-zeus-x-rta-black.html

A pair of quality coils will last from weeks to a month or longer. Many coil builders here that can help, or supply you, with coils made for whatever atty you pic and whatever wattage and heat you aim for.

I wick with Cotton Bacon Prime and not really looking to change, but I saw this from a known quality atty manufacturer and I'm giving it a try because it's the shoelace type, comes in a little reusable container, and is only $3 for 50pcs. That type is good for new builders since it's ready to thread through the coil. Not that the other type is hard, just sayin'....
https://www.sourcemore.com/advken-doctor-coil-preloaded-cotton.html

Batteries: On those 2 sets of 4 married: I personally wouldn't be afraid to use 3 of the 4, But, only because I have a charger that tells me how many Mah each battery has, and also tells me the % of charge each has, as well as how fast each discharges...so i can use the charger to determine how safe it would be. As well as mods that have battery level indicators that could be checked closely to make sure the batteries are discharging at the same rate. Mods that have DNA boards (Triad) have PC software that can also be used to monitor batteries. So while I say I wouldn't be afraid, I have tools to make sure no battery is discharging at an unsafe rate.
And you said you have 6 new HG2's so you should be set for batteries.

Do you use an external charger?

Last edited:

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
Do you use an external charger?
Aye, 'course I do. Who wants to charge 4x 18650s through a miniUSB? I use this https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PgDgglDH8KJjSspnq6zNAVXaK.jpg
Why put so much current through the chip of a device when you can have separate channels in this? And yes it has great functionality, it tells me pretty much everything I need to know about my cells.
Also pretty much every regulated mod has multiple protections. In fact I am pretty certain that even if you used differently worn batteries like a muppet, your mod would just stop firing when one of them is no longer producing sufficient current. Unless of course you are using a mech mod. Like Hammer of God, that's a 4 cell mechmod, I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

That Triade mod looks interesting, but that is well beyond what I am looking to spend. It's available on Ali, but it quite pricey.
What are your thoughts on Wismec and their recent addition the Tinker? https://www.smoketastic.com/wismec-reuleaux-tinker-kit-review/

The RTA angle, eh, I just want something plug and play. Something that will be consistent, time and time again.
Also, I just want to try mesh as a technology. I had used coils that have 5x stacks of double kanthal wire. I used allegedly the best RBA there is, the TFV8 one and that went nowhere. It never leaked on me, don't get me wrong, I wicked it many times over and not once did it leak, I tried all manner of different ways to wick it and it still couldn't sustain a prolonged draw. I think if I do go RTA, that would be at a later date and it would probably be that Wotofo Unity. I also used agleted / shoelace type wicks by Wotofo, as well as regular cotton, something like Pilot Cotton Bacon or something rather, 2 bags of that was kindly provided for free by folks I got it from in China, I just said I want a gift for buying all that SMOK stuff from them. I think I prefer that Pilot Cotton to the Wotofo one actually. Neither of them outperformed any of the coil heads though. I should also say that I used prebuilt Wotofo NiChrome coils. Maybe the reason for failure lies somewhere there.

Would you say Mesh Pro is a good alternative to say what you are using or that RTA?

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
I have spent a lot of time now trying to compare Max Mesh and Falcon King and Uwell Crown 3 and 4 and Sense Screen etc, and it's kind of becoming a blur at this point. Freemax Max Mesh tops many many lists of top 10 tanks of 2018/19, maybe I should just stick with that logic. It's also considerably cheaper.
I am growing quite fond of the idea of a blue Max Mesh with triple / quad coils atop a blue Wismec Tinker. Unless there is something awfully wrong with Wismec mods that I am not aware of.
I like that it has a rubberybacking, a small but colour screen, it displays puff count on the screen itself, depending how you set it up. It doesn't have any buttons on the top, so if a tank does leak, it will not go right through the gaps, which was an issue with GX350, not something I had an issue with, but it happened to other people. I like that Tinker mod for some reason.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Aye, 'course I do. Who wants to charge 4x 18650s through a miniUSB? I use this https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PgDgglDH8KJjSspnq6zNAVXaK.jpg
Why put so much current through the chip of a device when you can have separate channels in this? And yes it has great functionality, it tells me pretty much everything I need to know about my cells.
Never know till you ask.
Also pretty much every regulated mod has multiple protections. In fact I am pretty certain that even if you used differently worn batteries like a muppet, your mod would just stop firing when one of them is no longer producing sufficient current. Unless of course you are using a mech mod. Like Hammer of God, that's a 4 cell mechmod, I get goosebumps just thinking about it.
Regulated does have protections, so does unregulated. Doesn't mean an event won't happen if not using the correct batteries. We're talking about lithium. We're already at risk. No need to make built in features the only fail safe and increasing that risk.

That Triade mod looks interesting, but that is well beyond what I am looking to spend. It's available on Ali, but it quite pricey. What are your thoughts on Wismec and their recent addition the Tinker? https://www.smoketastic.com/wismec-reuleaux-tinker-kit-review/
@f1r3b1rd knows about it. He has a review here on it.

The RTA angle, eh, I just want something plug and play. Something that will be consistent, time and time again.
RTA's aren't as plug and play as a coil head but they're not hard to keep up with either, cost less, and very consistent. Give me a SS alien or fralien on a DNA with Replay for the same exact vape, draw after draw after draw till the tank is empty, fill it and go again.
Also, I just want to try mesh as a technology. I had used coils that have 5x stacks of double kanthal wire. I used allegedly the best RBA there is, the TFV8 one and that went nowhere.
That RBA is anything but the best RBA there is. Far from it. Whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about. If you want Mesh, that's cool. Nothing wrong with wanting what you want.

Would you say Mesh Pro is a good alternative to say what you are using or that RTA?
No

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I have spent a lot of time now trying to compare Max Mesh and Falcon King and Uwell Crown 3 and 4 and Sense Screen etc, and it's kind of becoming a blur at this point. Freemax Max Mesh tops many many lists of top 10 tanks of 2018/19, maybe I should just stick with that logic. It's also considerably cheaper.
I am growing quite fond of the idea of a blue Max Mesh with triple / quad coils atop a blue Wismec Tinker. Unless there is something awfully wrong with Wismec mods that I am not aware of.
I like that it has a rubberybacking, a small but colour screen, it displays puff count on the screen itself, depending how you set it up. It doesn't have any buttons on the top, so if a tank does leak, it will not go right through the gaps, which was an issue with GX350, not something I had an issue with, but it happened to other people. I like that Tinker mod for some reason.
Sounds like you found what you want. Looks like a good setup.
Still smok tho :(

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I really like the tinker, a lot!

I’m a huge dna fanboy, and it’s really quite unfair to compare the evolv chipset directly to the avatar(wismec board).
That said the tinker is what I reach when I’m going to be gone all day and want long battery life. The battery life is great, it does very good tc, and has 3 times the power I’ll ever need. I find the rounded shape extremely comfortable to hold, when compared the shape of say the previous generation reuleaux of triade. The controls are quite intuitive and offer more than enough customization. It’s accurae, durable and hits every box on my list of wants and needs.
The only thing I can begin to think thy would be an issue to be aware of is that because they kept it short, the 510 is pushed forward, meaning you can’t go bigger than a 25mm atty to keep a flush fit. I don’t personally have anything wider, so it never really affects me. The tank that it comes with, is actually really nice, if you like subohm tanks.
You can compare the shapes below.
27B0D7F4-F387-4A6B-8A9D-99C08D35AF70.jpeg

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What is it, are you not elated that I am veering away from SMOK now xD?
Yes! I am ! There's a better world than smok and happy for you. 100%. I wouldn't fret too much about the tank. I mean, I know you want to get the right one, and shipping takes forever, but, man does not live on 1 tank (or mod) alone and you can add to your rotation.
:stars2::vapemail::stars2:

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
I really like the tinker, a lot!

I’m a huge dna fanboy, and it’s really quite unfair to compare the evolv chipset directly to the avatar(wismec board).
That said the tinker is what I reach when I’m going to be gone all day and want long battery life. The battery life is great, it does very good tc, and has 3 times the power I’ll ever need. I find the rounded shape extremely comfortable to hold, when compared the shape of say the previous generation reuleaux of triade. The controls are quite intuitive and offer more than enough customization. It’s accurae, durable and hits every box on my list of wants and needs.
The only thing I can begin to think thy would be an issue to be aware of is that because they kept it short, the 510 is pushed forward, meaning you can’t go bigger than a 25mm atty to keep a flush fit. I don’t personally have anything wider, so it never really affects me. The tank that it comes with, is actually really nice, if you like subohm tanks.
You can compare the shapes below.
View attachment 134853
The red section of the mod, is that metal or plastic?

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
I feel like a bride getting a cold feet now xD, like, I am not 100% sold on the looks of Tinker, the more I look at it, especially that zebra pattern portion. Will just the 2x 18650 produce enough power in the Proton. I actually found Proton appealing before I came across Tinker, just never mentioned it here before. I liked it because it looks like SMOK species but wasn't, also I will take joystick over touchscreen in a device like this.

Langrel

Member For 1 Year
Right. You know how I came here asking for suggestions, well, in the end I pretty much ended up ignoring all of them. Yeah.

My 2nd plan was Freemax Mesh pro in metal and Innokin Proton, both rainbow flavour.
But I decided against both on the grounds that I didn't really like the battery door at Proton, that just doesn't look like it will survive many battery swaps, something that will happen. I also decided against Mesh Pro in metal due to many complaints, that the metal gives the vape a slightly metal taste, also a metal drip tip, I had a metal drip tip on my Just-S, didn't care for it much.

So in the end I ended up going for the Vaporesso Polar and a resin Mesh Pro, both in blue. I like the design of the mod even more than Proton and I also prefer that side cell compartment, I think that will be way more durable. Also the Polar has the 510 socket in the center of the top portion of the mod, which is also a bonus. Also ordered some triple mesh coils, naturally.
I do hope that I picked at least moderately wisely. I will get myself an RTA, eventually, that is coming, but first I will have to get bored by mesh.
I would like to thank everyone here, I might not have folllowed any specific advices, but at least I didn't just buy another SMOK kit.

P.S: if you have trouble falling asleep, here's my old thread about starting out on my vaping journey: http://vapingunderground.com/thread...or-improvement-assistance-is-required.442218/

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually have a rainbow proton and mesh pro paired up. Lol. Can't get you a pic when I get off work.

VU Sponsors